Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467235 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1425 on: December 12, 2017, 06:15:59 pm »

"He's alive! But barely. Maybe got frozen or something? Ain't a doctor."

Bob proceeds to attempt to drag General Bone out to the door where the big agglomeration of people were, and tries to get someone to inspect the man, with medical expertise.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:48 pm »

Team Grenade Trap

"Follow me!"

Lead charge towards blast zone. Shoot any Nazis.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 13, 2017, 01:05:40 am »

Charlie follows Denver back, using knife on any suitable targets

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 01:07:55 am by dustywayfarer »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 13, 2017, 01:17:55 am »

Follow Denver into the blast zone, unload on the closest Nazis with the Model 12.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 13, 2017, 02:11:35 am »

Stay where I am and snipe into the Blast area. If I can't get a good shot with all my teammates rushing in, I'll move forward a little bit, just until I have a clean shot.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 13, 2017, 04:51:34 am »

Just as the radioman was beginning to run out of lyrics to mix and had to start loaning from more obscure works (something about an Irish priest wrecking 'fecking panzers' with his 'radiant priesthood') an explosion occurred. Dang, just as he was really getting into it.

If I can continue dropping the best beats on those Nazi's and do something else, then see if I can't shoot one o' them Nazi boys on deck.

If not, then just continue beating the bastards with bass.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 13, 2017, 07:45:59 am »

Noticing Mr. Bohring among her folks, Tala found the nice coincidence...very nice.

"Great job being proactive Edward. Now we know where they are. The rest of you, follow Bohring; I'll help tend to the General. Someone please man this emplacement. We need some guards here; please establish a safe perimeter. Also please hand over some of your aid kits if you can. About three extra ones could do."
"How can you tell?" Tala said, as she got her medical bag up and ready and told Bob to not move the darn body. After being told, she adds her knowledge how to keep the survivors alive in cases of severe hypothermia. "Please don't move them until they're stable. I'm wondering if tinfoil can help..."

Get out of the emplacement, stop Bob from dragging the general or even bloody moving him because that may damage the person, and then TEND TO THE GENERAL (after making a quick diagnosis) with all I got! Then his bodyguard of course. Aim to stabilize them and keep them safe.

Also keep them in the room because it's sheltered from the ever-drenching stormy rain. :P

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:50:01 am by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1432 on: December 13, 2017, 09:04:30 am »

Run towards the explosion. Shoot any enemies, then help wounded friendlies, if there are any.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Team Grenade Trap

"Follow me!"

Lead charge towards blast zone. Shoot any Nazis.

Charlie follows Denver back, using knife on any suitable targets

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
Follow Denver into the blast zone, unload on the closest Nazis with the Model 12.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
Stay where I am and snipe into the Blast area. If I can't get a good shot with all my teammates rushing in, I'll move forward a little bit, just until I have a clean shot.

You all run forward, shouting a series of DOOTS that roughly approximates the call for a cavalry charge. You can't see anything through the rain and darkness until you get maybe 5 feet away from the blast but it quickly becomes damn obvious that further force isn't needed. There are 4 or 5 men here, nazis by the uniform, all dead. They're torn to ribbons by shrapnel and the deck is coated in a pale mix of rainwater and blood. A few quick prods with knives and stiff kicks ensure that they're really dead.  How anti-climatic.

Ooh! Make the dust take the form of a ducky!

The view of the water seems to zoom in, the waves growing in size and becoming fewer, until you can see something among them. It's a ship. It's the ship you're on.  And next to the ship is a woman, or at least something with a female form. Its proportions are remarkably thin and elongated and it looms over the ship, bent at the waist,  with long hair falling down all around the little ship. 

Bob proceeds to attempt to drag General Bone out to the door where the big agglomeration of people were, and tries to get someone to inspect the man, with medical expertise.

Noticing Mr. Bohring among her folks, Tala found the nice coincidence...very nice.

"Great job being proactive Edward. Now we know where they are. The rest of you, follow Bohring; I'll help tend to the General. Someone please man this emplacement. We need some guards here; please establish a safe perimeter. Also please hand over some of your aid kits if you can. About three extra ones could do."
"How can you tell?" Tala said, as she got her medical bag up and ready and told Bob to not move the darn body. After being told, she adds her knowledge how to keep the survivors alive in cases of severe hypothermia. "Please don't move them until they're stable. I'm wondering if tinfoil can help..."

Get out of the emplacement, stop Bob from dragging the general or even bloody moving him because that may damage the person, and then TEND TO THE GENERAL (after making a quick diagnosis) with all I got! Then his bodyguard of course. Aim to stabilize them and keep them safe.

Also keep them in the room because it's sheltered from the ever-drenching stormy rain. :P

Tala runs in and slaps Bob's hands away before he can start dragging Bone anywhere. [5] She bends down and looks him over. The diagnosis of Hypothermia is an easy one, though the presentation is odd. Normally Hypothermia sets in progressively but it seems to have come all at once for Bone and the other man; they dropped unconscious in seconds judging by their positions. Heat is the most important thing for them at this point.  Unfortunately this room is literally freezing and there's a goddamn hailstorm going on outside. The HQ should be warm, and there are stoves down there for even more heat, but it means getting them from here to there without letting them get soaked.

Just as the radioman was beginning to run out of lyrics to mix and had to start loaning from more obscure works (something about an Irish priest wrecking 'fecking panzers' with his 'radiant priesthood') an explosion occurred. Dang, just as he was really getting into it.

If I can continue dropping the best beats on those Nazi's and do something else, then see if I can't shoot one o' them Nazi boys on deck.

If not, then just continue beating the bastards with bass.

You walk over to the gory scene, still audibly beat boxing. You take a moment to play a soundclip before continuing to beatbox. But this time with more wild gesticulating and pelvic thrusts.

Lighting strikes the com tower again but this time it doesn't stop. The bolt an arc, unbroken, from the tip of the tower to the lofty black ceiling of clouds above. It holds there, a white hot line of rapidly spasming plasma, and in the light you can see that human form again, atop the tower. The bolt is passing straight through it, from the crown of its head to out one foot. The Com tower glows red and then orange as heat builds. Then, like a cracking whip, the bolt jerks violently and flares magnesium fire white before returning to the clouds. The upper few feet of the coms tower melt and flow down onto the upper decks.

The storm does not stop but it seems to lessen; the waves reduce and the winds blow less fiercely. 

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 13, 2017, 09:15:09 am »

((wow, I missed the turn. Oh well, looks like my actions still apply))

On sight of the charnel house, Ed pales a bit, gettign a little green around the gills. He inspects the burned footprints carefully for a moment, partly out of curiousity and fear, partly to keep his eyes off the bloodshed.
Communicate with the people inside the forward bunk room:
"How many are alive in there? what happened? Do your quarters have another entrance?"The aft quarters are death, but if the foreward quarters are not, I assume the crew can get out via a hatchway forward, and up the ladder there. From the few visits I've had to military vessels (floating museums) I believe that rooms tended to be open front and back for ease of travel. Ed listens to the crew, then orders them to arm up and join with the rest of the crew. "It's a fight for life and death, men.. But you shuold know that already. We're at war. Now, soldier up and get out there."

After the grenade goes off:
"God, I hope those were Nazis that triggered my trap and not our own."

when the storm threatens to capsize us:
"Damnit! We need control of this ship. we need to point it into the wind, rather than sideways of it! And get the lifeboats ready!"

Ed begins to think of ways to safely discharge lightning: A Faraday cage, grounding rods, knocking a bitch overboard so he discharges in the salt water, and begins preparing accordingly. Continue to rig traps (this time, fore of the crew quarters), but include a method of discharging electricity, as well.
On the way

"Radio! What's the status on that signal? Are you picking up anything - hey, nice graffiti, Nazi killer- are you picking up anything useful? Can you cancel their broaadcast? some kind of wave cancelling feedback?"
"Simon, if you see that big man that grabbed Radio, shoot him first. or ... well, if it looks hot enough to melt steel, shoot that first. You got me, Rummy?"

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 13, 2017, 10:18:49 am »

Tala recalled a conundrum she had with Joan and a few other Filipino soldiers back in the day in medical training--the issue with resources, and reality; if you should pool them to save one fellow, or spread them out to try and save more. That aside, she recalled a lot more than that when she examined the situation: either find a way to get the General and his cohort back to the Mess Hall (which meant going through at least a Signal 3 storm weather...if her own experiences weren't as biased like being hit by a fire hose. If anything, she wondered how the ship even lost itself in this bad a storm, unless it was completely artificial which she suspected it was.

Otherwise, she remembered that to help hypothermia survivors, there was the importance of "gradualness". Just as the body adjusted negatively to its surroundings, so too does it recover in turn.

"Great find Bob. They're alive, but our priority is getting them to a safe place--gradual heat, and a stable temperature. Two choices: Stay here and improvise, insulate, and fortify this room, or bring them to the Mess Hall, making sure that both the carrying device is stable, and that they get adequate cover from the weather. That latter bit is the clincher: We're in a signal three hailstorm. So it's just like I'm back home, but on a nice ship and with friends. And hail. Never had hail, ever. Now all I need to experience is snow, and then I'm all set in wondering how the west feels like."

GENERAL ACTION: Think of a way to best aid the General and the bodyguard, then act on it. Knowledge/Med Training roll, go! (Edit): For carrying them safely to the Mess Hall!

[Is the comms room fully enclosed? If it is merely freezing, that can be fixed if...we improvise insulation and a heat source, also depending if the room is small enough. But improvisation and getting help by teammates is crucial in the time that's ticking away to prevent further damage.]

Direct everyone else with me, to help me get the General and the bodyguard back to the Mess Hall. Improvise cover, and a method to carry them back. (Hopefully Med. Training roll)

Details anyway for processing: Items for improvisation include spare clothing from others, figuring for proximity and the environment. Priority is getting them to the Mess Hall, and providing them cover from getting hit by hail (so directing via getting people in a combined arm carry, alongside wrapping our jackets or other ways of cover is a way of transport). Use our knit caps in our inventory, as a start. In general, for those who aren't posting--order them to help me act more by doing all these stuff. (with one or two providing overwatch, who are pretty much the NPCs or those with suitable weapons or weapon skills [eg Manning the emplacements nearby)

Also don't use the tinfoil for wrapping the General and his bodyguard in, even if I roll a hidden 1. Thanks :P
But if there is any use for it, use it properly.

If the storm slowed down and is less ferocious, Tala says the following.
"Now that the storm is better, our chances have improved considerably in getting these two alive. Try searching the other one; we can honor the dead later, but we should save the living," she said morosely.

((Fun stuff, I didn't know my city was the top wettest storms))

« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 12:37:18 am by Tiruin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 13, 2017, 10:27:12 am »

"Radio! What's the status on that signal? Are you picking up anything - hey, nice graffiti, Nazi killer- are you picking up anything useful? Can you cancel their broaadcast? some kind of wave cancelling feedback?"

"Still picking up that woman talking in her weird language, sir. Been running interference best I can since then, but unsure if it's doing much of anything."

Momentarily stop with the interference and listen if the broadcast is still ongoing. Does anything change when I stop pumping decibels over the Nazi airwaves?

Try to locate the source of the signal best I can.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:38:03 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1436 on: December 13, 2017, 01:39:12 pm »

Forget that I don't have hands. Poke the lady.

Hylianhero71

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 13, 2017, 05:24:12 pm »

Spoiler: Booker Lee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:38:40 pm by Hylianhero71 »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 14, 2017, 06:09:16 am »

Inspect the exploded area. Do I think the entire explosion was from the trap, or does it seem like the trap may have triggered a bigger explosion?

Also, see if I can't find a pistol and some ammo on one of the bodies.

I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 14, 2017, 09:04:25 am »

Team Grenade Trap

"Someone should shoot that guy way up there."

Drag Nazi bodies belowdeck for loot safekeeping. Also for things like code books. Knife any alive Nazis.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 228