Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467258 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1365 on: December 04, 2017, 11:54:05 am »

"The bridge crew is all dead I think, so no help from there. Oh, and they had a special radioset that could pierce the static. Try to snatch that one in one piece for me, if you can?"
"That's...a far guess to say they're all dead as I've got a few here who were part of the upper deck crews. Anyway where is your weapon? We should use anything we have to help our chances. Also you were heard from below decks. Could be a good distraction while we cover you if...nobody else here has an extra rifle.

"That said, everyone ready up. We're getting back up there if nothing hinders us."

((I checked your sheet and where is your starter equipment?! :-\))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 04, 2017, 04:56:14 pm »

((He is equipment.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 04, 2017, 07:01:26 pm »

"What the hell just happened? Anyway, wwe should probably watch the way Mr Radio just came from incase any unwelcome guests appear."

Find some sutible cover and ready rifle, aiming towards the way Radioman came from. Shoot any Nazi's that appear.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1368 on: December 04, 2017, 10:34:17 pm »

Try to get info out of my patient, such as exactly what happened to him. I'm going to assume last turn's actions worked despite GM failure. If not repeat them this turn.

Medical locker?

((Do you actually read people's posts? Obviously not. Obviously you don't know anything about WWII destroyers either. Honestly, my opinion of you as a GM keeps going down. Fine. Let me say it again: The mess hall on a WWII destroyer served double duty as the ship hospital. When the ship is at battle stations the area is cleared, and prepared for casualties. So yes. Medical locker.))
So the guy has a pretty hard time talking, bullet riddled as he is, but he manages to wheeze out that a group of German soldiers maybe a dozen strong came up from the lower deck and shot him. He says some of them went up towards the bridge and others split off and went somewhere on the lower deck, though he couldn't see where. He played dead lest he end up that way.

"WEEOO WEEOO NAZI'S ON THE BRIDGE WEEOO WEEOO BIG AND SCARY WEEOO WEEOO GO SHOOT THEM."

Go report what I saw and heard back to my handler. Also inform people I pass on the way there in brief.

By the way, is there something like an armory near here I could raid to arm myself? Failing that, what about one of those 50 cals or heck, one of those 5 inch guns?

((Do you actually read people's posts? Obviously not. Obviously you don't know anything about WWII destroyers either. Honestly, my options of you as a GM keeps going down. Fine. Let me say it again: The mess hall on a WWII destroyer served double duty as the ship hospital. When the ship is at battle stations the area is cleared, and prepared for casualties. So yes. Medical locker.))

((Hey, PW is only human, so he misses things sometimes. It happens, nothing to get so worked up about (even though I've been frustrated about it myself in the past at times, it's not that I can't relate). If you wanna make sure he sees it, put it into your bolded action, so that even if he's short on time and rushes to get a turn out he'll see it and be able to process it.))

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You report exactly what happened - Ok maybe you embellish it a bit with a kungfu fight - and tell them where the nazi's are and what they've got and what they were doing.  You report it to Tala and...all the people behind Tala as well as anyone in earshot since you report it very loud and slightly shrill.

As per weapons, assuming you don't want some assorted cutlery and no one gives you a weapon, there's no armory on this side of the ship. However there ARE 50 cals and big cannons designed for ship to ship battle. Could probably use one of those to blow up the bridge.

You stop for a moment and consider if its a good idea to blow up your own bridge...

Eh.

I guess he found them!

Anyone trying to get into the mess hall should give proper identification. Once they are vetted, they should be given the clicker code.

Meanwhile, Ed will hustle on up to where Radio and the gang are, take a report, and begin the trapping procedure that you suggested.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

You string up a makeshift trap using your kit and some knives from the galley, placing it at the doorway between the upper kitchen and the food store room that leads outside. You make sure to let everyone around you know about it and point it out so that they don't trigger it.

Team Mess Hall Door

Dive into cover, binoculars towards where Radio just came running from. If I see friendlies, make sure they see that I am NOT holding a gun in my hands.

"Was that the dude with the Radio...? What could have... Gah, my ears."

If I see nothing:

"Hey, Radio guy. It's clear."

If I see Nazis, call out their location to Radio after identifying myself, and then draw my gun.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You scramble and hide as best you can in a doorway while scanning with your binos. You see movement in the control room and people seem to be moving down onto the upper deck.  You stay in hiding.

Definitely tempting fate here have Bob do stuff on his own. Either he's not going to run into anything and get no Glory, or he's going to die.
"Boiler room or engine room might have something, and if we've got intruders or whatever's creating this ice on the boat, likely as not they'll have taken the engine room. Boiler it is then." Bob set off in the direction that he knew the boiler room to be, BAR in hand, safety off, but finger off the trigger.

Bob goes to the boiler room, as long as it's not too far away.

You step into the boiler room. Its freezing cold and dark but safe, as far as you can tell.

I'm going to assume that you, tala and Hans all head upstairs when the screaming starts and find Radio at the door out onto the deck, presently shoving the shelf in the way of it.
"WEEOO WEEOO NAZI'S ON THE BRIDGE WEEOO WEEOO BIG AND SCARY WEEOO WEEOO GO SHOOT THEM."
"Where's your partner? Everyone, prepare your weapons. The deck is large and open, and there may be little cover. If they're up there, it's safe to assume nobody of ours is, but check your targets just to be sure."

Does everyone have a gun? If not, ensure everyone of our probably-around-10-person-team is armed, then we start getting on the bridge, cautiously to stay out of sight as to where I presume the bridge controls are.

"Also lower your volume, Radio...man," Tala said, unsure of his name...as his uniform didn't help identify him other than what she presumed was his insignia and role. "Where on the bridge are they? Numbers, weapons, any identifying identification? How did you get back, and why are you alone? What's the situation up there? Are they in the open, and what's the engagement range?"

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Not everyone is armed with a gun, but everyone at least has a knife. I'm not sure if the guys from the engine room have been armed beyond their initial SMGs, but I don't think anyone has given them weapons as an action? Nothing I see on a quick scan of your sheet says so at least.

You and the team shove the barricade Radio just made out of the way and head onto deck. You all climb up to the upper deck and are just about to start making for the bridge when the air splits with a tremendous crack of thunder. The storm, previously held back as though by a glass dome, suddenly surges forward from all sides and spirals in on the ship. The deck vanishes into a blinding haze of wind and hail, whipped near horizontal by winds that threaten to tear you off your feet. Every moment in the open is like being pelted with tiny stones while someone sprays a firehouse in your face.

@Piecewise, would Denver and Radio have seen each other?
Yes. Well, you would have seen him. He was a bit busy running.

Simon, who had been drifting off somewhere in the messhall, suddenly jerks up and starts shouting.

"Whuh?!  We're killin the Naughties, right?  Yeah, yeah!  You have my gun, and my other guns too!"

Join the big squad that's gonna assault the bridge!  Simon has three spare guns (two scoped rifles, one pistol), which he'll provide to anyone unarmed.

Oh, and he's still drunk.  When he suddenly stands up, he'll swat Smith (Milo's char) in the back of the head with his rifle's stock.  Accidentally, because drunk Simon is so clumsy~

Ah. So you give one rifle to Radio, and then another rifle and a pistol to two of the men from the Engine room. Is that ok?

You accidentally whack Mr.Smith in the back of the head. Not hard enough to cause damage or anything, just enough to make an "Accidental" point. Then you follow Tala up and get immediately caught in the storm, just like her and the rest of them. Nothing is quite as sobering as several gallons of freezing water and hail stones pelting your face.

Damien finishes his blues solo only to realize that the mess hall crew has moved on.

Pull up my shotgun and go regroup with Tala's fighting team upstairs.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
You pump your shotgun, ejecting a perfectly good unused shell in the process, and then follow Tala up and into the storm.

((He is equipment.))
Yeah, I put him in on a dare.

I mean, he's the key to all this. If we get Radio working, because he's a funnier character than we've had in any of the other games.

"What the hell just happened? Anyway, wwe should probably watch the way Mr Radio just came from incase any unwelcome guests appear."

Find some sutible cover and ready rifle, aiming towards the way Radioman came from. Shoot any Nazi's that appear.

You decide to hunker down and guard the doorway after everyone else leaves.

Hey, beats standing in the rain.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 04, 2017, 11:48:08 pm »

Totally not be too late to join the To the Bridge! group.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:38 am »

You missed Charlie's action in the previous turn, PW. Not like it was super unique or important, just letting you know.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 05, 2017, 02:37:05 am »

((I can free action getting back right? Because that's totally my action))

Having only a few steps out onto the deck, Tala signals everyone to get back inside.

After having a faceful of cold, and a clothful of freeze, she finds herself in the area right before the open-air deck, sheltered by the room and with probably everyone else who decided staying outside and cold was a bad idea too.

"Change of plans. We need watchers on deck, but nobody can get out there unless we find something to withstand all that. Someone needs to get up to the communications bridge, and under guard. As for everything else--I need volunteers for that plan, and I need others for defending the rest of the ship. My rifle and I seem best for the former however, as everything is closed spaces down here.

"I have to presume that the other areas are in danger if this is the kind of greeting we're expecting up top. Everyone, disperse--follow the Radioman. He is better off protected alongside those with communications devices; I'm also unsure if getting them any closer to the bridge helps anything unless others have any better ideas. But I do not like what we're facing. Anyone else with sniper rifles and anything to help cover and watch with us--please carry the message along to the rest; defend the insides of the ship. I think there's a way to the rear with the General that way."

Get everyone to block/seal, or protect this passage from leakage (at least)

Order everyone the above, and then go through the other passage to the comms area--sending one of the NPCs as runners back to HQ with a message and the clicker code, summarized as: 'HQ' keeps under high alert; top deck of ship is now under heavy storm conditions, and that the lower vital areas can be under possible attack; suggestion to search in patrols. Team Tala will be trying the other passage below the top deck to head to the communications central, with weapons at the ready.

"Radioman, how did you get up to the bridge without getting fully soaked in this hail? Where is your partner?"

Also check if my weapon got affected by BAD WEATHER. Nobody wants gun jams or worse!

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:31:42 am by Tiruin »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:14 am »

((...So last I checked in, things were poker and paranoia and I thought we were just in the "doing things between missions" phase and so I sort of tuned out, expecting the title to change when things happened and Tiruin has informed me that I was incorrect -_-; What's going on, roughly?

(And is it ok to assume Winston is with the biggest group of people?))

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 05, 2017, 06:52:45 am »

((...So last I checked in, things were poker and paranoia and I thought we were just in the "doing things between missions" phase and so I sort of tuned out, expecting the title to change when things happened and Tiruin has informed me that I was incorrect -_-; What's going on, roughly?

((If you're with me, I gathered around 10 plus people to get up to the command bridge, alongside the living-radio-radioman. Problem was, once we got on deck, instead of there being the eye (calm) of the storm area, we-...
Well, there's also the fact that nobody bothered to armory/arm up the NPCs and otherwise :v))

You and the team shove the barricade Radio just made out of the way and head onto deck. You all climb up to the upper deck and are just about to start making for the bridge when the air splits with a tremendous crack of thunder. The storm, previously held back as though by a glass dome, suddenly surges forward from all sides and spirals in on the ship. The deck vanishes into a blinding haze of wind and hail, whipped near horizontal by winds that threaten to tear you off your feet. Every moment in the open is like being pelted with tiny stones while someone sprays a firehouse in your face.
((SO I assume getting up there is doable, but it'll be with fierce stat rolls that Tala can't handle.))

As Tala briefed the rest of the team, alongside the other commandos catching up to them out of several different areas, she remembered a good point.

"Radioman, try the communication signals now. I'm under the presumption that the whole 'eye of the storm' was artificial, and whatever crack happened that brought us out (or maybe the ship's navigation did that by moving out of the calm), means we can try communicating.

"Hail all 888th channels. Do not try the ship channels until all that is done."

"Hey Winston, since that rifle wasn't yours--could you lend it to our Radioman? It's much appreciated."
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:01:16 am by Tiruin »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 05, 2017, 07:06:01 am »

"I volunteer to head to the communication's bridge." Spencer says from his position.

Join Tala anyone else who is heading to the communication's bridge

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 02:41:00 pm by Tavik Toth »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 05, 2017, 07:28:47 am »

"I volunteer to head to the communication's bridge." Spencer says from his position.
"I recall there being another passage to the bridge rather than cross on deck. Everyone for that new path? We can meet up at HQ after checking that area and block up this passage to at least ensure it not leaking."

Edited action. I noticed a passage to the communications area from under the top deck.

((I hope this suffices as a map.

I'm assuming Radio saw (via overhearing) those dudes in #38/#40, right-of-middle in the picture. We met the NPCs at #25, so our HQ is pretty much at the front of the ship--the forward crew quarters #53 [right of picture]; we've presumed that the strong radios are both at that area [#38], and the rear of the ship, where another team is heading to. Right now, we've discovered that the whole topside is awash with annoying storm, and that will be communicated to at LEAST the HQ, alongside the clicker code importance to any stray commandos on the way.

Meaning, where Tala and the other folks are, are at #27, which is a passage topside and at the midsection of the ship. There is another passage #44 which I presume leads to the communication rooms, which is also right above our plotting/navigation(?) room))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 05, 2017, 10:46:23 am »

Accept the rifle if it's still on offer. Go talk to Ed and stay near him if he makes a move, provide cover.

"Radioman, how did you get up to the bridge without getting fully soaked in this hail? Where is your partner?"
"That would be because the hail literally only just started, ma'm. My CO is currently near the doorway from the kitchen going outside. Was heading there now actually."

"Radioman, try the communication signals now. I'm under the presumption that the whole 'eye of the storm' was artificial, and whatever crack happened that brought us out (or maybe the ship's navigation did that by moving out of the calm), means we can try communicating.
"With all due respect, I've already tried that multiple times. The storm just got worse, I don't see why now suddenl-"
"Hail all 888th channels. Do not try the ship channels until all that is done."
"Ok, ok, fine, whatever."

Also quickly try the radio again I guess.

To Ed.
"Sir, perhaps you could try to blow the ceiling of the room below the bridge? We probably don't wanna blow the whole bridge f we want to still get out of here later, but some controlled demolition might be doable?"

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:50:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 05, 2017, 11:00:12 am »

"Now, why didn't I think of that. Good man, radio!"

Head inside, to the area just below the bridge, and rig up an explosive to the ceiling. do not arm it, but set up a wire so I can trigger it from elsewhere if necessary. Specifically do not trigger the explosive if a) the others are rushing the bridge, or b) the Nazis have left the bridge.

Also, if the Nazis have cut off our path to that location, head inside and find out what parts of the ship are known to be under the control of the enemy. Maybe go toward the boiler rooms and trap the hall there, or to teh secondary radio room if we can get inside (use all available tools: flashlight, crowbar, etc).

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 05, 2017, 02:37:35 pm »

Denver joins the crew crowding around Tala and Radio.

Making sure he's heard:
"I saw movement coming down from the bridge. I think they're going down to the top deck. We need to move now!"

To Edward:
"Hey, Ed, right? I'll come with. I want to get these bastards and you're going the right direction."

To rest of team, pointedly at Damien:

"That's only two of us so far. I'd like a third to share the fun with. Hey, shotgun guy. You wanna come along?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 05, 2017, 08:53:43 pm »

"That'll be alright. He can probably use it better than I can anyway."

Give Radioman the M1 Garand and 3 clips. Actually, just follow along with Tala's group.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:29:41 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 228