Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467688 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1320 on: November 25, 2017, 10:10:58 pm »

assuming it is a ballpoint and not a fountain pen

Ballpoint pens were very, very rare in the 1940s.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: November 25, 2017, 10:12:57 pm »

Also don't draw on my face.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: November 25, 2017, 10:31:44 pm »

I looked it up right after I posted. They were more common in Argentina, and my character is from Brazil, so it's not inconceivable that I might have one.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: November 26, 2017, 09:04:24 am »

"No go. . ." Bob carefully set down the radio he'd been carrying next to the door, and pulled his BAR from his shoulder. Either something inside to prevent communication, or someone had blocked off the room from the outside to prevent communications

Is the door made of solid metal? Does Bob recall any other ways which someone might be able to get into the room? Contemplate but do not attempt breaching measures. In any case, he has his BAR out in case anyone starts shooting at him for some reason.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: November 26, 2017, 10:22:08 am »

Team Boiler Cluster

"Yeah, lets go."

Follow Denver, staying alert the entire time.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: November 26, 2017, 11:30:55 am »

"Hans' here. Intuition tells me that it'll be good if we stick together for now. Also, something's wrong with my radio." Said Hans to Tala.

When Radioman arrives with the report, tell him that I am native German speaker, and I can help with inevitable interrogation.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: November 26, 2017, 08:40:08 pm »

"Hans' here. Intuition tells me that it'll be good if we stick together for now. Also, something's wrong with my radio." Said Hans to Tala.
"The same with everyone's radio too--even that one body painted radioman. That's what we're waiting on, the team heading to the rear of the ship. Also I figure people went topside as I can't see a few of them who were here before. We just have to guard this location. If they didn't get to the boilers, we're okay. Unless something else happened.

"Come to think of it, there are also other radios topside. Nobody checked on it. Suppose that's where others went?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: November 26, 2017, 08:54:46 pm »

"Yes, a couple of guys went to check the radio room above. There are speaking tubes and other methods of comunication up there."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:06 pm »

"Yes, a couple of guys went to check the radio room above. There are speaking tubes and other methods of comunication up there."
"Did I just hear 'couple'? We have much more than that. With the storm up above and evidence of sabotage, who else is with them? They are going to report as soon as they find anything, right?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: November 26, 2017, 09:00:50 pm »

Tala then saw a guy with a harmonica that she didn't recall was earlier present, but he seemed like a right ol' chap, much like the other right ol' chaps of her team. And British. Or American.

"Hey, could you play a tune for the nerves here? Doubt anyone outside the Mess Hall would hear though."

"Shoot, ain't we on a mission? But if y'all need some winding music, I can cook you up something nice babygirl. 1, 2, a 1-2-3-4-"

Hit a mean blues solo on my harmonica. Play it single-handedly, keeping one hand around the handle of the scattergun. The Nazis hate Blues music and can hone in on it from a hundred miles away, attuned to its sound like some rabid dogs.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1330 on: November 28, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »

Duck a little lower to avoid being spotted, then try to tune in to the frequency that they're listening to and use my language skills to try and decipher what I'm hearing. Unless only their backpack radio is strong enough to pick it up, which seems likely. In which case, maybe I can hear what the German woman is saying if I listen closely?

Then, whether or not this succeeds, move back to the mess hall and report, making sure to do that clicker stuff or whatever so I don't end up as friendly target practice.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
You listen carefully and can hear bits and pieces of whats being said. However, the language isn't German. [3] It sounds like some kind of...slavic language with bits and pieces of what might be latin or latin derived.  When you try to key in on the channel they're using, you just get the same warped noises. Maybe their radios are modified to make sense of it?

[2]
You're not entirely sure what gives you away. Maybe someone noticed you peek in. Maybe you made a noise. Maybe your messing with the radio disrupted their signal somehow. Whatever the case, you only realize they've seen you when the naked man punches straight through the window above your head and grabs you by your antenna

Smith quietly talks to the guy he rescued "There, I have you all patched up, now lets get you to the mess hall. You are going to be perfectly fine."

Try to move the rescued sailor to the mess hall. If radio (or anyone else) comes by, draft him to help.

(The mess hall on most destroyers doubled as the "hospital" IIRC, so there should be a locker with better supplies there, not to mention it being out of the weather.)

You get under the man's arm and half carry him down to the mess hall, signalling with your clicker before heading in. You lay him on one of the tables with a bundled cluster of cloth napkins for a pillow.

If made aware of the situation on the bridge, Ed will go up like Radio did, place bombs on the outside of the bridge - one on either side - and get back a safe distance before detonating said bombs. Or, you know, set a timer for long enough to get to a safe distance.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
No one tells you anything so instead please consider this musical interlude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fa28KBjFV0

Charlie gets out his entrenching tool. First digging himself a path out, he then returns and digs out what remains of the unfortunates who were paste-ified here.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
You dig as best you can but...well you're in a pit of balls. You can't dig a pit of balls. They just roll back in. Its like filling a bucket with marbles and trying to dig a hole to the bottom. It just don't work.

Team Boiler Cluster

Scan boiler room with flashlight. If there's nothing else of note, exit the room. Scan the area for enemies and allies. If we run into any allies, check in with them and exchange reports of where we've found bodies, any signs of enemy, etc.

"We can go check in with the others. Let's head back and meet up."

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
Lets see...teammate attempting to dig out a hole in a pit of balls...well thats this unit in a nutshell. In any case, there's nothing more of note in here it seems so you step back out onto the deck.

Sit next to Alice, draw on her face with my pen, assuming it is a ballpoint and not a fountain pen. Watch over the mess hall, rifle at the ready to take action if anything goes awry.

Spoiler: Carolina (click to show/hide)
I actually use a fountain pen for most of my writing and you can draw on skin with one fairly easily and not harm anyone. Regardless though, Fountain pens and pencils would be what you have. Even markers weren't really used at this point if I remember right.

If informed, go help with the bridge. Confirm wounded guy is stable.

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You watch over the wounded man. He's unconscious, but breathing. Doing better than you right now honestly.

Tend to the wounded and, if Radio Controlled gets here and gives his report, ask the NPCs for aid alongside gathering up the others for a strike attack on the bridge.

If he isn't back and we don't have a report from topside, get to the boiler room and check around for anything I can help with. Otherwise stay guarding the others, tend to their wounds, pep-talk their mental health.

Oh, also do ask more to the NPCs! What bodies--where did they find them, how were they not attacked, what did they experience before they found those bodies, and any distinguishing features of whoever they saw attacked?

As she saw the men relax and feel relieved, Tala doubted herself if they were actually spies--she had a lot of self-doubt despite her own erring confidence, thanks to the help of other nice people, who sadly were not around other than the new nice people in the Mess Hall.

"I'm guessing we're waiting here until another one of the away squads gets back with a report. We've around two as I recall? One going topside, the other in the boiler room area going for the rear radios."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)

Tala then saw a guy with a harmonica that she didn't recall was earlier present, but he seemed like a right ol' chap, much like the other right ol' chaps of her team. And British. Or American.

"Hey, could you play a tune for the nerves here? Doubt anyone outside the Mess Hall would hear though."

Sit next to Alice, draw on her face with my pen, assuming it is a ballpoint and not a fountain pen. Watch over the mess hall, rifle at the ready to take action if anything goes awry.
Tala spotted someone doing something to another resting person.

"Unless you're helping on alert, now isn't the time to goof off."
I'm going to have you ask questions rather than the other things Ms. Mile-A-Minute action lass.

The NPCs, who are very confused why you keep calling them that, tell you that there was a body just outside the engine room door before they hid in there, but that it must be the one  frozen to the side of the boat. As per where they were before this and what they were doing, that varies per person. One was in the boiler room and says he saw the hail stones crush the others. The other was on Deck and says he saw some sort of man made of ice and Lightning tear another man's heart out. The others were just in the engine room.

"No go. . ." Bob carefully set down the radio he'd been carrying next to the door, and pulled his BAR from his shoulder. Either something inside to prevent communication, or someone had blocked off the room from the outside to prevent communications

Is the door made of solid metal? Does Bob recall any other ways which someone might be able to get into the room? Contemplate but do not attempt breaching measures. In any case, he has his BAR out in case anyone starts shooting at him for some reason.

You think about it and the answer that comes to mind is "Crowbar".

Team Boiler Cluster

"Yeah, lets go."

Follow Denver, staying alert the entire time.

As you say.

When Radioman arrives with the report, tell him that I am native German speaker, and I can help with inevitable interrogation.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Huh, that man you don't know is coming didn't arrive. How totally normal from your perspective.

"Shoot, ain't we on a mission? But if y'all need some winding music, I can cook you up something nice babygirl. 1, 2, a 1-2-3-4-"

Hit a mean blues solo on my harmonica. Play it single-handedly, keeping one hand around the handle of the scattergun. The Nazis hate Blues music and can hone in on it from a hundred miles away, attuned to its sound like some rabid dogs.

Spoiler: Damien Capella (click to show/hide)

Something like this I would assume

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: November 28, 2017, 04:07:21 pm »

Root around in the medical locker looking for blood expanders and such, then finish fixing this guy up. Once done, prep a few tables and unpack the medical supplies for future casualties.

Edit: Also, tell anyone in the mess hall the following:

"I was headed up to the bridge when I ran into this guy, I'm going to stay here for now and make sure we are ready for more casualties, but I think that odd radio guy was headed to the bridge too, or at least he was going the same way. In any case, someone should go up there to check on things. I can't believe no one has called general quarters yet, just the thing I have seen are enough to do so, either the watch officers don't know anything is wrong or things are much worse than I know about. Also, can someone check the CIC? If something is wrong on the bridge that would be the other place to set off the GQ alarm."

"Anyway, enough suggestions. I should probably make sure everyone here knows what I know. There is a body frozen to the hull, big ol' hole blown in him and electric burns on the torso. There were gunshots outside earlier in case you couldn't hear them. There is some kind of... wall, or bubble, or some shit holding the storm back all around us" Smith shudders a bit "The storm bubble is too weird for words, it has to be seen to be believed. Frankly, I don't want to think too hard about it. Anyway, last thing I found was this guy, shot all to hell near one of the funnels." Smith checks the IVs to make sure they are flowing properly before continuing "So, we definitely have boarders on the ship, and I'm really worried. If any of you guys find more wounded, try to get them back here, or send a runner after me please."

« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:01:06 am by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: November 28, 2017, 04:14:33 pm »

Team Boiler Cluster

Take a quick peek in the engine room to look for the people hiding there. If they're gone, hunt around the area and then check in with teammates, figure out who's going where.

"Let's check on those engine room guys."

When we see they're gone:

"Huh. Let's fnd who took them, whaddya say?"

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: November 28, 2017, 09:28:29 pm »

"Hmm."

Bob continues to ponder. Specifically, where he might find a crowbar, and whether it would be ill advised to just try to shoot out the lock or hings or something.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: November 28, 2017, 09:43:42 pm »

Added to my action.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 228