Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468065 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1245 on: November 13, 2017, 01:16:51 am »

Team paranoid.

The doc ignoring the disemboweled man, goes up to the top of the deck to see if the storm is still going.

Spoiler: Doc Daneek (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 13, 2017, 04:14:13 am »

Team Paranoid

"Heading out!"

Run towards the gunfire, then yell, "Lass ihre Waffen fallen! Anderfalls, wir werden dich toten! (Drop your weapons! Otherwise, we will kill you!)"
Just haul my ass to the place with gunfire and take cover, of course.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)

((MAKE A SIP OF YOUR ALCOHOL!))
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 12:05:33 pm by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:03 am »

((Inb4 someone shoots the guy yelling in german.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 13, 2017, 04:52:39 am »

((Inb4 someone shoots the guy yelling in german.))

((Yea, that's a pretty stupid move. I'll save yelling in German until we capture some actual Nazis.))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 13, 2017, 07:09:10 am »

"Oh shit. Radio comes later." Bob set the radio down by his feet--he'd pick it up if they moved on--, and stood next to the door, pistol in hand.

((also, in the standard kit, we've got mirrors. We should get those out and use them for corners))

If anyone comes out of that door without shouting something in response, immediately shoot them in the kneecap. If from there it's obvious that they're not friendlies, aim to kill.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 13, 2017, 08:25:16 am »

"Really? I figured you weren't crispy because you weren't around. Sniper rifle and all. I'm just glad I hijacked that plane, rather than hang around outside...
Just remember that you need the pilot in order to get to the point where you start being lucky, eh? If I hadn't bailed you out you'd still be out."

Hah! I'M not crispy because Simon was around! Threw me out of the burning plane, you know. Shot a Nazi right in front of me. I think I got bits of his face on me. And I think he was on the roof of that one building when it tried to fall on me ...

Don't you go doubting Simon now. No one better to have at your back in an explosion than him, Yarrick, and ... and ... say, has anyone seen Jack lately? He didn't go out with those newbies did he?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 13, 2017, 03:37:11 pm »

"Don't worry Alice, don't worry!  If it weren't for you, we'd all've been stuck in that hellhole, waiting for half of Germany to come down on us like an angry god.  I might've saved Eddy here, but you saved everyone!"

Simon reaches over to clap Alice on the back a couple times, then turns to answer Ed.

"I think Jack went with Garters, yeah.  Guess it's good he's got someone competent to babysit him, Garters doesn't seem to have a lot of sense."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 13, 2017, 06:24:37 pm »

Team Frostbite

Spencer already has the diplomacy covered, so Denver takes cover so that he can watch both doors (engine and boiler) and keeps an eye out for flankers.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 14, 2017, 11:06:51 am »

Team That one Paranoid Tala
Balders would simply take out his trusty silenced pistol out once more before he rushed towards the source of the gunfire while yelling something about not really wanting to die horribly back at his base in clear and easy to understand English. And if he somehow managed to make it to the rest of the group without getting shot to death, he would try to not do something that is completely and utterly stupid by hiding behind the nearest available piece of cover.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:09:29 pm by cronos5010 »
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1254 on: November 15, 2017, 10:22:24 pm »

((Can we also assume that I met the Mess Hall people since you quoted that post where I said I'd do that? :P
Because if I did, they're acting like I didn't [it doesn't seem clearly mentioned]))

After getting told the info from the other team and sharing her own notes...meeting up with Team Paranoia and the other team who presumably know everything above deck...

"So someone died by electrocution by holding the safety railings? I've been wondering how that works since I grabbed some rubber gloves--aren't we grounded by the sea around us? Sounds like that man got hit from behind and was pushed off, there's no way someone can get hit by...err, lightning or something, and fall off the ship, even if he was holding the railing backwards and facing inwards. We're near where Bone presumably should be now."

And then presumably I'm near where the bullets happened but a few feet away from where it happened.
"Gunshots! We're friendlies! 888th!"

Ready up most appropriate weapon and approach the site of gunfire, check if any allies are wounded. Also call out so we'd avoid friendly fire.

Also if ever we get grenaded, since I'm pretty near where it should land to do us any damage, kick that awaaaay, if ever this paranoid scenario occurs.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
((Sure, I mean you guys are like 3 rooms away. Just Yell. They'll hear you.))

You whip out your springfield and run over to the door where all the gun fire just happened. Of course its like 10 feet away so its a very short run.

Team That one Paranoid Tala
Balders would simply take out his trusty silenced pistol out once more before he rushed towards the source of the gunfire while yelling something about not really wanting to die horribly back at his base in clear and easy to understand English. And if he somehow managed to make it to the rest of the group without getting shot to death, he would try to not do something that is completely and utterly stupid by hiding behind the nearest available piece of cover.

You follow Tala while yelling "I PREFER MY SKIN AND VISCERA TO REMAIN WHOLE AND UNPUNCTURED THANK YOU, SINCERELY ME."

"Oh shit. Radio comes later." Bob set the radio down by his feet--he'd pick it up if they moved on--, and stood next to the door, pistol in hand.

((also, in the standard kit, we've got mirrors. We should get those out and use them for corners))

If anyone comes out of that door without shouting something in response, immediately shoot them in the kneecap. If from there it's obvious that they're not friendlies, aim to kill.

You get ready to shoot anything that isn't a teammate and isn't friendly. In that order. Maybe.

Team Paranoid

"Heading out!"

Run towards the gunfire, then yell, "Lass ihre Waffen fallen! Anderfalls, wir werden dich toten! (Drop your weapons! Otherwise, we will kill you!)"
Just haul my ass to the place with gunfire and take cover, of course.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)

((MAKE A SIP OF YOUR ALCOHOL!))
See, the best idea when someone starts shooting is to immediately cluster around where the bullets are coming from. That way no one has to deal with survivor's guilt.

((I'm taking the liberty of assuming that gunfire on this eerily quiet ship can be heard topside. Destroyers aren't very big, and we seem to be near the aft anyway, given that Tiruin's team was searching back there before showing up on top?))

"...Crap. Is that one of the ship's crew? Everyone, spread out, keep your eyes on hatches and windows---we don't know where the enemy might be.....And is that gunfire? Let's GO!"

Head towards the sound of gunfire, keeping an eye on, well, everything (By now Graham's team should have been informed about everything Tala's team has seen, and vice-versa. If not, fill them in first.)

There's no reason for a grenade to get hucked up into the middle of you guys. I'm real tempted to do it anyways though. Murder Murder MURDER.

Meet up to the group, confirm no one was wounded.

"I heard gunfire. Is anyone wounded?"

Spoiler: Hank Carter (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
You Pop into existence along with everyone else gathered around the door and ask if anyone is wounded. Everyone makes girly screeching noises, apparently startled by your sudden and inexplicable existence. Oh well, they'll get over it.

Team Frost

"Don't shoot you maniacs! We're on your side!"

Get whoever is on the other side of the door to stop shooting then take peek in.

You shout down and wait a moment.

"Identify yourself!" Comes a borderline hysterical yell from below.

You tell them your name and who you are. There's a long silence and then they say, in a somewhat calmer tone, "What do you want? Is it still out there?"

Team Frostbite

Spencer already has the diplomacy covered, so Denver takes cover so that he can watch both doors (engine and boiler) and keeps an eye out for flankers.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
You press your back to the wall, your rifle held ready, and your head on a swivel. So far nothing is coming. Nothing hostile anyways.

Charlie opens the door to the first boiler room the same way Denver checked the engine room, gesturing dramatically to his teammates that he definitely saw something strange up towards the front of the ship.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

You open the door to the boiler room and stick your head in. The entire room is dark and silent. Its also very very cold. Thats not right. Thats not how boilers should be.

You gesture dramatically at the front of the ship after looking into the boiler room. Whether or not people understand you is hard to say.

"This just keeps getting weirder and weirder." Examine the body best I can with my super medic powers obviously it would be best to get him fully onboard the ship first if possible.

He's frozen to the side a good 5 feet down, not the sort of distance you can just reach down and get to. Maybe if someone held your feet...

Not honestly sure what else to tell ya. The circumstances of the thing are not cryptic or vague, they are simply very odd. Something electrocuted this man while tearing his guts out and then froze them instantly to the ship's hull. Its all there, clear and easy to see, but understanding the cause is a hell of a lot harder.

I dont think simons luck will stick. Ready for another round?

Deal

Simon picks up his half-empty glass and waves it around above his head boisterously  "Simple, Alice!  My only problem was that I didn't believe in myself enough, I was worried in the back of my head!  I was drawing bad luck from the universe!  But now, no, no, I'm not drawing anything bad anymore, just letting my inner luck shine out!  It's the way I win in battle y'know, 's why I've still got this pretty face and a full beard, unlike all these crispies, haha!"

Oh, keep playing, now that Simon's on a roll, it'll only get better!

"Jeez, how did you suddenly start winning?"

Cards!

Radio also posted but it is more than 20 posts back so placeholder

Radio wins 2 cigs off Yarrick and Alice and 4 off Simon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 15, 2017, 11:31:20 pm »

Now at the site of the incident, Tala was glad nobody was injured.
"Whoever that is, give a situation report. Why did you fire on fellow allies on an allied ship? I am coming inside. We are looking for the General ever since we heard what was going topside. We are coming in. Now."

InvestigateChat! Also get into there and check the surroundings and the state of our allies in there.

Issue an order to local Priest soldier if they dont act.

"Chaplain, we need your words in here. Tension and anxiety. Heal the mind."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:33:01 pm by Tiruin »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 16, 2017, 01:17:14 am »

Ponder the meaning of life, and the weird ways it can come to a sudden end while leaning over the rail to look at the dead guy.

Ok, not really :P

Try really hard to remember everything I heard about the lightning guns that were recovered. Is it likely that this guy was killed with something similar? Where on the ship are the recovered guns currently being stored? (Not that it makes sense for them to be on the ship, but I seem to remember something being said about them being onboard earlier.)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1257 on: November 16, 2017, 03:50:44 am »

"Well, that's me out. Have fun, guys."

Time for some sleep. This is surely a great idea on the halloween mission.
...Things are spooky, so just take a nap in the mess somewhere.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 16, 2017, 04:45:50 am »

Continue playing, unless we move out yada yada you know the drill.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1259 on: November 16, 2017, 08:49:04 am »

"Well, that's me out. Have fun, guys."
((Can we also assume that I met the Mess Hall people since you quoted that post where I said I'd do that? :P
Because if I did, they're acting like I didn't [it doesn't seem clearly mentioned]))
((Sure, I mean you guys are like 3 rooms away. Just Yell. They'll hear you.))
((Y'all be pretty focused on that cigarette game, hum? :I
MAYBE I should've yelled in character.
Or maybe nobody heard me yelling back there with exclamation points!
Humpf! :P It's like the folks there chose to keep playing despite hearing gunshots.))
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 228