Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467969 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1200 on: November 07, 2017, 09:23:28 am »

Team Tinfoil

*following intensifies*

((Also, here's a little drinking game for you: Every time I forget to include my sheet in my posts, take a sip of your favorite alcohol.))

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 07, 2017, 10:11:20 am »

"Whu--how are you two doing this?  Come on, are you ganging up on me, or something, somehow?  Gah, I'm getting my cigs back..."

Welp, only two cigs left, but great success can come from even small investments.  Simon hasn't lost 'til he's out entirely.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 07, 2017, 12:38:23 pm »

Post edited to add sheet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 08, 2017, 08:22:09 am »

Team Paranoia (sort of)

Balders simply shrugged at Graham's general direction...before he left for the kitchen to try and find the extra cooks using the incredibly inefficient method of simply introducing himself to every person who seemed to be on the kitchen staff and asking for their names.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1204 on: November 08, 2017, 11:55:39 am »

Reminder

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 08, 2017, 02:02:07 pm »

Aiming out, not up, Charlie shoots the barrier with a malevolent cat-like grin on his face. Afterwards, he investigates the hull with Denver, assuming Denver finishes asking the blind for directions without anything distractingly ridiculous occuring.

That One GuyTM is momentarily glad he isn't out in the whirly-swirly. Remembering his name after digesting the startling reminder that the world doesn't always work the way it should, he does something rather foolish in the name of science and feline curiosity.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 08, 2017, 06:45:26 pm »

Aiming out, not up, Charlie shoots the barrier with a malevolent cat-like grin on his face. Afterwards, he investigates the hull with Denver, assuming Denver finishes asking the blind for directions without anything distractingly ridiculous occuring.

That One GuyTM is momentarily glad he isn't out in the whirly-swirly. Remembering his name after digesting the startling reminder that the world doesn't always work the way it should, he does something rather foolish in the name of science and feline curiosity.

Denver whispers to Charlie as they aim their gun, "Please don't. Worried."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1207 on: November 09, 2017, 09:38:55 pm »

Hey, that lightning powered plane I stole is still on the ship, right? I bet it could fly through that stormwall.
No, its elsewhere. You transferred a few times to get here. The St.Elijah is a Gleaves class Destroyer. No room for planes.

But the rifles are still here...

Team Paranoid
((If he's not wearing a kitchen staff uniform he shouldn't have been grabbed. I didn't actually think through the paranoia far enough to realize that I should've just generically grabbed and interrogated any random crewmembers lying around. Anyways))

Question this guy---what is going on, what has he seen, who has he seen, where has he seen it. Preferably in chronological order, starting from whenever, in his estimation, things got weird, til NOW, when things got weirder.

((No, it doesn't actually need to be that specific. However, information is the goal.))

"What on earth is going on up there? We've got cooks that don't exist and a storm that shouldn't be happening, and I want to know why."

You ask him about whats going on and he tells you much of the same thing you experienced. He says he was in that room during the entire lead up and grabbed the knife after everything went weird. He says that Bone and a few others went outside shortly before this all started, headed towards the rear decks.

Team Paranoia

"Well, at least we know the crew didn't disappear or some shit now."

Follow harder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1QwC-y3XMc

Team paranoid.

Doc creeps forward down the comparments clutching his machine gun to his chest and pointing it around as he begins to urge the group topside.

Spoiler: Doc Daneek (click to show/hide)

You point your rifle at the group and then up the stairs and make various insistent noises like a dog begging to be let out.

Team Paranoia (sort of)

Balders simply shrugged at Graham's general direction...before he left for the kitchen to try and find the extra cooks using the incredibly inefficient method of simply introducing himself to every person who seemed to be on the kitchen staff and asking for their names.

You check the kitchen and find no one. You check the upper kitchen where whatshisface just stole that other cook and find no one except other members of your team. Huh. In fact, you wander all through this place and aside from a few closed rooms over by Tala you check everywhere and find no one. At least no one on THIS side of the ship.

Team Tinfoil

*following intensifies*

((Also, here's a little drinking game for you: Every time I forget to include my sheet in my posts, take a sip of your favorite alcohol.))

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)

Team People with Tala.
"General! Are you in there! We have an emergency!" Tala said, or something along the lines of what she thought she said here.
Tala addresses the General and mentions the general commotion that had just occurred and adds that the whole brigade wants to check if he's okay.
Also using her notepad and pen, makes a nice message for him (or other commanding officers) before gathering the team to check the other areas.

((Because I have no idea how to address a senior officer in militaryspeak T_T))

"If he's not here, is anyone okay for all of us to check the other place?"
Then check the other place to see if the General is okay.

But also check for other COs and authority personnel, mentioning a brief recap of what we all experienced (and what my team members presumably told me about the radios even when they didn't, to save time and all :( )

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
There's no answer from Bone's room, so you leave a note and check the other rooms. They open but are empty. That's basically everywhere on this front section of the ship...he must be elsewhere or he's just hiding in his room? But that doesn't sound like him. He's always been a more "Use the Sword of the Lord to smite anything that looks evil and let god sort them out." sort of fella.

Bob continued to follow Tala, absentmindedly fiddling with the bothersome radio. "Still no clue, but it ain't doppler or anything. . .

I was operating under the possibility that the 888th brigade might have some slightly more advanced stuff than was normal for the time. Anyway, keep following the made tinfoil woman, and try for sudden inspiration with the radio. Does this warped audio drop off at lower or higher frequencies? Is it more of a modulation than a slowing? Does the amount of slowing pulse at all? Also darn, if it had been a doppler shift, I could have thrown my radio at someone in an attempt to reverse it

Well, If it helps, you think there might be a recorder somewhere on the ship. There's a radio room in the rear decks which might have a reel to reel recorder you could use.

Team I'm not sure?

Denver's mouth hangs open as he stares at the dome of wind, water and hail circling the ship. Snapping out of it after a second, the shakes his head and whispers, "Wait. I remember an impact at the start of this. We should check the side of the ship."

Ask crew members if they have any idea what's happening. Then check the side of the hull that the impact came from. Carefully. Preferably a part of the edge with fencing.

Charlie raises his gun and walks to the edge of the deck, ready to shoot when he notices something. The railing is scorched and slightly melted. In the shape of a hand print.  Denver walks over to join him, pushing the rifle away before Charlie does something stupid, and looks down at the side of the boat. There's a man down there, hanging half in the water and half out, sort bobbing lazily against the ship. At first Denver thinks the man is suspended on some kind of rope, but then he sees the wet splatters down the ships dark metallic haul.  The man's entrails have been torn out through his belly and are literally frozen to the side of the hull, anchoring his corpse there. There's still a define starburst splash of blood where the man must have impacted the hull at some point.

Team Goldbrick
Team "GoldBrick"

"Hey, hey! Take your interrogations elsewhere, ya nut! Can't ya see we're having a serious conversation here? Now, as I was saying, Yarrick, Joan Crawford is fine, just fine, but that Judy Garland is a true beauty in the making. When I get back home, I'm totally gonna look her up and steal a kiss."

If someone actually mentions the dome of clouds and hail, Ed will get up, curious, and head up to the deck. Otherwise, he'll stay right here and play another round.

Nah, just stay put and play another round.

P.S: Is there alcohol available? If so, gather a few units of alcohol to drink and share with Yarrick and Simon. And Radio, if it drinks.

((doomblade, there is no rock out there. the stones mentioned are hailstones. Ice.))

State of the game:
Ed: 1 full pack + 4 cigs (+1 lit) (14 total)
Simon: 2 cigs
Yarrick: 1 full pack + 2 cigs (11 total)

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You head to the kitchen and find yourself a bottle of booze. You take it and some glasses back to the table and make liberal use of both.

Team "GoldBrick", apparently.

I'm afraid you cannot modify the audio on your own. Your radio capacities do not allow it.
Keep playing. What DO my radio capacities allow anyway?

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Basically the normal capacities, except that you can basically play music from any time period and soundeffects and such.

Team goldbrick

Deal another round of cards

"So how long do you think that lot will run around in the rain before finding it was just the storm? I bet 5 cigs on an hour.

"Whu--how are you two doing this?  Come on, are you ganging up on me, or something, somehow?  Gah, I'm getting my cigs back..."

Welp, only two cigs left, but great success can come from even small investments.  Simon hasn't lost 'til he's out entirely.

"Oh, screw this. I'm just going to wait for someone else to solve this shit. I'm just a pilot. Sorry, Tala."

Go back to the mess and play some cards. Whoever loses gets the wierd japanese pamphlet!

Radio, despite his utter lack of working eyes, manages to win 3 cigarettes off of everyone at the table. Except Alice, he only wins 2 off her.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 09, 2017, 09:55:17 pm »

Attempt to radio this information to our teammates, and head in the direction Bones head, eyes out for any other crewmen to ask (More politely, I suppose) if they've seen Bones.

"Let's go find Bones."

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 10:57:37 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:26 pm »

Team Paranoia

"After you."

Guess. (follow of course)

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 09, 2017, 10:05:41 pm »

"So, what's the plan now? I'm thinking that decoding this might be a big clue, and there might be a recorder in the radio room at the rear decks. But that's only if there's nothing else we should be doing." He addressed Tala.

Bob is going to. . . FOLLOW LEAD! To the radio room! Watch out for people on the way.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:03:12 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 10, 2017, 12:19:35 am »

(Hey, piecewise, you missed my action.)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 10, 2017, 04:39:05 am »

Woo extra cigs baby! And no mouth to smoke 'em so they're not even bad for my health.

Communicate the info I'm receiving on the radio to the people here. Take stock of what's lying around in the room.

Keep playing cards should they feel like getting fleeced some more.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 10, 2017, 06:04:43 am »

((I guess this is another good time to go Oops! Because the last ship I recall we met General Bones on was an aircraft carrier--and it was named the same thing. Now to know this is a Destroyer. :P At least we have very good...err, what do you call those...landing craft, I hope?

Also to whomever in the team who saw the dead body making the thunk, ask who he was and what the crew on top were doing at the time of what occurred.))

Team...Tala
"So, what's the plan now? I'm thinking that decoding this might be a big clue, and there might be a recorder in the radio room at the rear decks. But that's only if there's nothing else we should be doing."
"Is this normal for other militaries to not have other people than...us, on a whole deck of a ship? Someone head back to Mess Hall and tell the others where we're headed. New plan to go to the rear decks; if there's any place the General may be, its in a solution to this."

Everyone with me, to the rear decks!
Bob/Strider03 leads the way :P

But! If nobody else volunteers to head back and inform the Mess Hall folks, Tala will be heading back to inform everyone that people are going to the rear deck. If that doesn't cost an action, head there too, after telling folks in the Mess Hall.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:48:17 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 10, 2017, 07:53:30 am »

Team "GoldBrick"

Ed will opt out of the game, but will remain at the table chatting.

Tough break, Simon. Real rough. Well, I think I better quit while I'm ahead, and before I'm drunk. which shan't be long now, fellas. Shant be long now.

State of the game:
Simon: bust
Yarrick: 8 cigs
Radio: 1 full pack + 10 cigs (19 total)
Alice: 7 cigs
Ed: Out of the game

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 228