Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468107 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1170 on: November 04, 2017, 03:35:55 pm »

But it DOES sound like information? Assuming Bob clues me in, see if I can record what's coming in and then slow it down. Or is there an easier way to slow it? Hmm.
Anyway, keep myself glued to Tala. Even if she does seem a little crazy. And even if her sister did die by explosion. Hmm. On second thought, stay a bit far away from Tala.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1171 on: November 04, 2017, 03:38:41 pm »

"That's it, we're officially on 'panic' mode. Suspicious people make me very, VERY nervous. Card players, get up here, we're going to check this out.

And get that radio off.

Move up the staircase, gun at the ready. If it's wearing a Nazi uniform, shoot it. If they look like kitchen staff, grab them and take them out.

Radio the findings to everyone else, even if the interference is still there---anything that gets through is good. Oh, and also radio the order to keep silent unless absolutely necessary, because Chekhov's List Of Suspicious Names paranoid.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 04, 2017, 03:44:15 pm »

Smith makes some spooky noises "The more I see the creepier this gets. can't things ever be normal?" keep on following

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 04, 2017, 04:14:32 pm »

Denver investigates the area for anything out of place. If he and Spencer find nothing, he motions for Spencer to quietly (stealth) head up to the deck.

"Damn. Wrong way. We should look here though. May find something!"

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: November 04, 2017, 04:21:31 pm »

Team "Cards and Tunes"

"Oh, ho, ho~ looks like it's my lucky day today! Another round, fellas? Care to lose a little more?"

Ed pockets his own pack of cigs, lights up one of his won cigs, and plays on with his winnings.

((anyone remember what the clicker in the universal kit is? that a signalling device?))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:48:53 am by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1175 on: November 04, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »

[color=orange"Oh, ho, ho~ looks like it's my lucky day today! Another round, fellas? Care to lose a little more?"[/color]

Ed pockets his own pack of cigs, lights up one of his won cigs, and plays on with his winnings.

((anyone remember what the clicker in the universal kit is? that a signalling device?))

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61jaOlgDNBL._UX385_.jpg
Basically a small metal device that, when squeezed, made a loud clicking noise. Commonly called crickets.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: November 04, 2017, 08:53:34 pm »

"Oh, my friend, your luck's going to change.  Nobody beats Simon the Shark for long." Simon says, while smiling and casually flipping off the doorway that Graham had gone through earlier.

Keep playing, and this time, win.  Take ALL Ed's cigs.  Ignore the "orders" given by that new shmuck.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: November 04, 2017, 09:07:34 pm »

Tala looks herself over in quick succession after putting on all that tinfoil, and then she looks at the squad behind her who are presumably casually looking at her.

"Ok I've tried humor and at least I know we've a way to sound off for others. Also, if I'm sounding bossy, just tell me please. We underwent command or leadership training, me and Joan and a few others from our homeland, so multiple language skills and how to say them were a thing."

Remove all that tinfoil, but keep it in my inventory somewhere safe for later use.

And since I didn't use my Glory-bought stuff, replace them with A MEDIC BAG!
Oh, but keep the gloves, then let's head off to where I presumed one of the two places where the General could best be.

((I think I rolled a 1 or 6 on that :P))
"Any update on that radiowork? We're heading to the General now. Excuse the caution. We can cover with our weapons. I'm saying all this because I really don't like the 'thunk' on the side of our ship that we could hear from the mess hall. And, I'm presuming we're under attack."

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 09:13:10 pm by Tiruin »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: November 04, 2017, 10:10:19 pm »

Denver investigates the area for anything out of place. If he and Spencer find nothing, he motions for Spencer to quietly (stealth) head up to the deck.

"Damn. Wrong way. We should look here though. May find something!"

"Probably just food and the like in these rooms. Lets go check out the deck and the boilers/"

Once Denver has had a look, follow him to the deck, rifle ready.

Spoiler: Spencer Ward (click to show/hide)

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: November 05, 2017, 12:40:27 am »

Charlie checks the provisions room on his way out, getting a rough idea of what's there before drawing his knife and carefully opening the door to the main deck, clearing his throat beforehand so those on the other side won't be spooked into friendly fire. Listen to catch any part of what is said.

Those following me can beg answers from the cook; the fellows outside would probably know more.
Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 03:24:18 am by dustywayfarer »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: November 05, 2017, 02:47:50 am »

We should probably tag our actions with which group we are in, for PW's sake.

Team Rummy, Rhythm and Blues:
Oz, syv, Radio,  khh

Team Tinfoil Newbie:
Tiruin, and uhhhhh

Team Paranoid Newbie
Madman and uhhhhhh

Obviously, pick what you want for names. Just be consistent. Heck, name them Squad Tiruin and Squad Madman.

I suggest this as a way to help PW organize the turns. Also, if yu split up from your current group, note that in your tag as well.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: November 05, 2017, 02:51:31 am »

Team Chill

Come on put your cards where your mouth is

Continue playing till they get an officer to give orders or something happens
[/quote]
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 05, 2017, 03:04:17 am »

Tin Foil Squad

Hans opens his mouth and says, "I haven't mentioned it before, but I can speak German. If those people are Nazis, We can try to take some of them alive, and interrogate them after."

Keep going along with the squad.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: November 05, 2017, 06:56:23 am »

Team Conspiracy Theory I mean Team Tinfoil.

"That's weird. I'm getting the pulsing yeah, but it sounds like it's something that's way too slow? Like, ya know at the theatres if the projectionist messes up? But it doesn't seem like someone's actively slowing it, least by any tech I know of. Just like audio that was already slow in the first place or something." Bob glanced around. "This is pretty freaky, ya know? Distorted audio, everyone up and disappears without a struggle, the sounds. . ."

Stare a little uncomfortably at our leader, but follow her lead and see if Bob can find some gloves for himself. Also continue to listen to the audio. Check to see if the radio has any method of recording and if so, record a snippet, and to play at increased speed.
EDIT: Try to determine whether this pattern seems indicative of some sort of doppler effect.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 02:56:53 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: November 05, 2017, 07:08:40 pm »

"Simon, Yarrick, Maybe we should start betting on who dies first, Eh? The tinfoil weirdo, or the fools following her like she's the Third Coming of The Lost Messiah."
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 228