Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467283 times)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1110 on: October 30, 2017, 09:44:15 pm »

"I've got a feeling this is going to get real interesting, real fast" Bob muttered, following along after Tala.

Bob McKinley will have his pistol out, finger on the safety, and follow Tala. He doesn't have his pistol up yet, but he'll keep watch towards the rear as they advance through the ship.
EDIT: Start searching through open channels on the radio to see if there's any info.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 05:08:24 am by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1111 on: October 30, 2017, 09:56:05 pm »

"I've been thinking about what you told me about Joan, and this reminds me of how many situations things go wrong out of the blue. Shall we check?"

Alice makes a startled sort of choking sound.
"Uh. Y-yes, let's go. Tala."

Affix hat to stave off this feeling of dread. J- uh, Tala surely will be able to keep things under control. Just follow her.
Do the radio things with my radio and call someone? OH FUCK IT'S GONNA BE CREEPY WHISPERS OR SOME SHIT, ISN'T IT.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:04:24 pm by Egan_BW »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 30, 2017, 10:01:45 pm »

Seeing that radio, Tala nudges Alice to use it, alongside anyone else who has radios, mentioning the importance of open reception, and Damage Control Central.

"Everyone who has a radio, use it. Connect to all allied channels, or the ship's own communications--get details. Also hook up to other squads on board, alongside the staff on duty. If you can try to reach the fire control teams, that would be great. I'd not like the idea of any hull breaches or fires on deck to happen if we can't help it. Or electrical hazards."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:51:18 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 30, 2017, 10:03:28 pm »

"Right. Yes.
I'll.. I'll do that, yeah."

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 31, 2017, 02:07:05 am »

Having a basic knowledge of mechanics, Charlie knew that touching the ship couldn't possibly be dangerous, considering it was grounded by the mass of ocean around it. However, having this bit of knowledge about the way the world should work didn't alleviate Charlie's unease at the lack of noise. Something was amiss, and there was no ready explanation.

As the team begins to wander in two different directions, Charlie chooses to join Graham, for Graham seems to have a clear sense of direction, and is taking point. While waiting for Graham to clear the door, Charlie listens for any sound that might give a clue as to what is happening upstairs.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 31, 2017, 03:33:49 am »

[...]

Seeing people follow herself and Graham, Tala explained why she was searching for clothing.

"I'm presuming we'd also need to get in contact with the fire marshal if things have this feeling of unease I can see on everyone. I guess we're splitting up into two teams here if it is as what I presume we all assume. That, and something hit the side of our ship. I hope it isn't from a U-boat. I also hope I'm overreacting."
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 03:35:23 am by Tiruin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 31, 2017, 04:09:04 am »

Hans silently prepared his Browning, and follows the Tala.

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 31, 2017, 04:21:48 am »

"God loves me! You, my friend, are evidence enough of that! Hmm. But I can't quite fit you into my rucksack ... Well, friend, I hope you come prepared to defend yourself against buildings, and other explosions!"

"Born ready Sir! Tell me who needs to know what and I'll make sure the message gets there come hell or high water."

"Hey, Radiohead, you play music through that thing?  Dunno why, but I get the feeling that you've a good set of pipes!"
"Sure!"

Start playing an appropriately spooky tune.

Kick the radioman in the shin.
"Fuck! No, stop that! No spooks!"

Also If I'm assaulted (for no good reason D: ) start blaring obnoxious anachronistic noise at him to defend myself.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 05:42:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 31, 2017, 07:28:36 am »

Hell or high water? well, we just came through the first, and we're literally floating on the second, so good work, good work. Just wait here with me, Radio. Let the others do the scouting, and keep your ... err , receptors open for their call, eh? Me an' you, we don't exactl;y have much in the way of offensive weaponry. Least, not the kind that can help, on our own ship. Already had three buildings try to kill me. Not about to set off an explosion on our own ship.

Damn, now I'm mad that we didn't take that Kraut's fancy chair! The hell was I thinking? looked comfortable, too.

Say, Radio, you look about the same size as that Nazi officer we offed ..."

Ed remains at the table, leaning casually, and testing the functions of the Radio. The rated PG and rated E functions, you cad.

Someone call me over the Radio! Say, Radio, where's your speaker? Which part to I shout into?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 07:32:13 am by Ozarck »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #1119 on: October 31, 2017, 07:44:30 am »

((Knew it was a good idea to loot that corpse.))

Jack rubbed his face, his fingers tracing some of his new scars.  They weren't nearly as symmetrical now, but boy were there a lot of them now.  He'd really grown fond of them.

"Think we pissed the bastards off by stealing their plane?"

Ready the SMG and start moving out slowly.  Follow the smaller group so as to balance numbers.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 31, 2017, 09:16:16 am »

((OOC: I completely and utterly forgot about this yesterday. Is the mission still looking for people though?))
Try to obtain two pistol clips with 10 Glory
Try to sneakily follow after the smallest group with his Welrod in hand

"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 31, 2017, 09:23:02 am »

((we're not missioning yet. We're adventuring!))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 31, 2017, 10:00:04 am »

Kick the radioman in the shin.
"Fuck! No, stop that! No spooks!"

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 31, 2017, 12:34:44 pm »

"Keep quiet, you half-brained numbskulls! You wanna die an early death? Radio, you and your operator just became Command and Control---find Command for me. Tala, you have a goal in mind for your group? And also, somebody with a radio, join her! And whatever you do, act as though the ship is now filled with boarders and they all want to kill us, do you understand? There's nothing I hate worse than getting unpleasantly surprised..."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 31, 2017, 12:45:17 pm »

"It's just some idiot sailor who crushed his foot again, ya jumpy pansies.  Stop getting so worked up over nothing."

Simon continues playing cards.  If everyone who was playing with him has left, he's gonna assume they all folded and that he gets their bets.  And then he'll play solitaire, I guess. With Yarrick.  Either Poker or Rummy, if Yarrick's a pansy.  Winner gets the loser's cigarette pack.

Also, hey, answer these!

Oooh.  Are explosive rounds in 888th so powerful that the AoE could kill multiple people?  It wouldn't exactly be realistic, but I'd totally buy a clip of exp rounds for the Springfield if they're that strong...

If I bought a 5-round clip of 30-06 for my Springfield, would it be cheaper than the 20-round BAR mag?  If not, could I buy the BAR mag and just unload the bullets, for the same effect?  Sorry...

Edit: If I attached a scope to an MG and fired it semi-automatically, would that roll on scoped rifle rather than machinegun, like with the Gewehr?

I definitely want to buy an incendiary mag, regardless of the price, and maybe an explosive mag if it's cheap and effective enough.

...Also, do we get those fancy lightning guns back before the start of the mission?

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 228