Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467998 times)

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #975 on: October 26, 2017, 10:47:28 am »

Everybody likes others to think well of them. In some, the desire to be accepted and to feel a part of something bigger and more important than the sorry people they see themselves to be leads them to become repulsively obedient, even groveling, despite the sorry truth that it often brings upon them the rejection they most fear.

Knowing this didn't stop Charlie from acting foolishly, neither did it protect him from the emotional whiplash that followed his clumsy flop. Though small and inconsequential, the smarting wound to Charlie's pride reminded him that those who have the greatest desire to be counselors are often the ones who need their own advice the most.

Charlie wishes he could take some of his own advice.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #976 on: October 26, 2017, 02:17:51 pm »

I have sent the glory rewards to Sy, because he's better at being a horrible munchkin than me. We'll get this worked out fast.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: October 26, 2017, 03:44:51 pm »

You are so lucky that I'm conscious right now.  Reviewed and replied, get it out tonight!

You're not the only one. Not only did I remain uninjured, I never fired a single round, seeing as I saw no nazis after stealth was blown... Not getting shot due to seeing no nazis is a lot less impressive than seeing nazis and not ;) getting shot though.

Oh yeah, forgot you managed to outrun the fireball.  Must be the Smith name, nobody with it ever gets hurt...

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: October 27, 2017, 01:32:47 am »

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: October 27, 2017, 06:07:44 am »

Should we keep track of our glory on our sheets personally, or are you keeping a tally on that?
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: October 27, 2017, 06:09:39 am »

Should we keep track of our glory on our sheets personally, or are you keeping a tally on that?
Piece said yes, you keep track of everything about your character to help his bookkeeping. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #981 on: October 27, 2017, 09:41:02 am »

Ok so here's the current list of GLORY stuff. Everything is basically too expensive for you right now, but you can keep it in mind for your build. I'm still hashing some stuff out and adding more so I'll update the OP soon. As of right now, Medals are between 300-400 GLORY and are occasionally handed out for free for certain actions that generally cannot be faked  so don't try.

Promotions will be ~600 GLORY

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Things Simon already got Glory for:
  • Threw Ed out of the plane (+20 Glory!)
  • Shot a pair of Nazis (+10 Glory!)
Things Simon did, but didn't get Glory for yet:
  • Stole a truck which was used to rescue most of the Team and the children.
  • Looted some important-looking Nazi documents ("anything that looks like it might be useful like inventories, troop movement diagrams, and other overarching information").
  • Looted a pair of fancy Nazi guns
  • Managed to remain entirely uninjured throughout the entire mission, unlike everyone else.  Prolly won't get Glory, I just want to brag.
Go get that oversized machine gun back from Ed, unless he wants to trade his knife for it (Oz?).  Simon could use a knife.  Edit: If I'm allowed to keep the Nazi guns, give one to Ed in trade for his knife.

I also vote for Joan getting extra Glory.  I'm unsure if she got some for the sheer badassery of comandeering an AA gun and tanking a grenade to the face, but even if so, she deserves some more for herding cats.

Lets see...55 GLORY.

Jack's Deeds:

Set off the bomb in the plane at the beginning
Guard duty
Looted map and set of papers from the main area of the HQ
Assisted with looting literally everything from the head office, including the dead leader
50 GLORY
Jack is also awarded the OLD NICK medal.

Wear it proudly, along with all of your horrible burn scars.

I've had the plane I was flying explode due entirely to other people's incompetence, wore a shrub on my head as camo, looked at the base through binoculars, was the first to get spotted by a Nazi, looted some "important" nazi "intel" off of his corpse after someone else stabbed him to death, got shot in the torso, stole a very interesting experimental nazi stealth plane all by myself, kept in communication with the team and the base via radio whenever possible, protected the majority of the team from the munitions building going up by being in the air, and brought everyone home.
Yay Alice!

30 GLORY

I suppose the mission ending means it's too late to:

I don't expect any glory. Instead, grab the Nazi uniform off of the dead guy that Edward got the Luger from and he and Jack loaded onto the plane. They didn't hide him, and a dead Nazi commander would be somewhat hard to miss.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)
You can have the uniform, assuming no one else wants it. If a partially bloodsoaked uniform is in high demand, D6 roll off.

Well, most of the stuff I did I already received glory for. I would have been a lot more useful with Joan's group, but then we would have all died due to munitions dump explosion, so...

Spoiler: List of Major Actions (click to show/hide)

I think these have been rewarded at the time haven't they?

I'll be honest, Winston did not do a ton this mission. The things that come to mind is finding the kids with Joan and helping to open it, not dying in the massive explosions, grabbing Joan's stuff (which, via giving us communication to Alice, helped us evac. I'm not sure if I directed that or you just had Winston do that), communicating with Alice to get an evacuation.

Incidentally, I vote that Joan get posthumous Glory for badassery before death.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Lets call that 20 GLORY

I don't think Bob did much that he didn't get glory for. He drove a truck without getting blown up, I think. But that might not have been that dangerous. Does surviving this mission warrant glory. Also, he gave his pistol to someone. . . who was that again? I either need to get a replacement, or get that back.

You'll get the glory others do for the mission completion but thats about it.

OK, EVERYONE GETS 90 GLORY ON TOP OF THEIR EXISTING GLORY DUE TO THE COMPLETELY SUCCESSFUL MISSION. TIRUIN, DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND, GETS AN ADDITIONAL 50.

You can use the glory at this point to get training or requisition items. If you want to do that, do it now because something is on the horizon....

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: October 27, 2017, 09:47:40 am »

wait shit i forgot to say what i did
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: October 27, 2017, 10:11:27 am »

Aww. No Glory for Ed ...

"Hey! Get your own damned Nazi! That one's ours!"
Resist Charlie's attempt to loot the Nazi Officer's uniform. Also, I am returning Yarrick's satchel charges.

Edit: also, Ed is exchanging some items with Simon. Negotiations are underway.

Spoiler: Edward's actions (click to show/hide)

I think KHH deserves a fair chunk of glory for Yarrick being a super valuable teammate who helped out a lot with actions throughout the mission. Also Joe Nix. And syv, naturally, but I am sure he can report his own stellar deeds.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: October 27, 2017, 10:34:58 am »

And a new character is written.

Some others please get radios? If we do that, we might be able to run a squad setup this time, which would make any mission easier.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:08:07 am by Madman198237 »
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:19 am »

Wait everyone who survived the mission gets 90 GLORY?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:54 am »

No, everyone in general, even if you died.

Otherwise the wording 'Tiruin gets an ADDITIONAL fifty' doesn't make any sense.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: October 27, 2017, 10:55:12 am »

Wait everyone who survived the mission gets 90 GLORY?
Quote from: piecewise
Its fine, just don't expect much if any glory for wandering into a corner of the woods and then standing there.

Except for me; I was gone (OOC) for most of it.

Since MadMan just reminded me, how do we expand our requisition kit, now that the Glory system replaced the per-mission rewards system?  I know MJ wanted to get a radio.

+1; Could you also add the glory stuff to the OP, piecewise? Should be helpful later.

Is Melee skill useful for wresting also? If not, what covers wrestling?

Still want the uniform. Anyone else? Ed/Ozarck?

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: October 27, 2017, 10:56:24 am »

Updated sheet.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 228