Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468637 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2017, 04:31:12 pm »

((Joan is the baddest ass.  Takes several grenades to the face, and it just pissed her off.

@Milo, get firefox browser for your mobile.  'S what I use for 90% of my forum viewing, works way better than any of the other options I've tried.))

"Sounds like someone's having some real fun, hahaha!  Serves the Naughties right!"

Simon slams hard on the brakes, and hops out of the truck before it even comes to a complete stop.  He rushes over to the back, shouting to catch Ed's attention, and then tosses an oversized MG15 to the man.  "Here, take this, better than some dinky knife!  You're in charge now, I'm gonna go find a nest!"

The sniper then rushes off before Ed has a chance to respond, or ask who's driving.

Since we're not on the map, I'm going to assume we're East of the building that had the kids in it, since that's where I was heading.  Simon dismounts, gives Ed the MG15 he's somehow been toting around since last mission, and rushes into the building.  Straight to the roof, the team needs sniper support!

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:07 pm »

"Yeah, Okay."

Ed takes the MG15 and hops into the driver's seat. He drives the truck up to the north side of the supply depot and turns it around facing east, so the back is near the door up there. Then he hops out and takes Yarrick and Joe into the building (unless their players do something else), grabs any remaining flashlights, and considers the best way to get those shells onto the truck. How many shells are there? Is there a forklift? which wall are they strapped to? Is there an overhead crane? Are the shells attached to anything else besides the wall?

If there is a forklift and the shells are mounted simply, Ed will immediately begin getting them onto the truck, with the help of whichever of his current tag-alongs are still with him.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2017, 07:54:46 pm »

"I think stealth is officially out the window."

Assist Ed with getting shells loaded up.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2017, 08:20:36 pm »

[-6 life (puts you at -5 life because of the helmet), -2 physical, -2 mind].
((Hooo cheese, I am SOOO happy I put that +1 to Life. So um, this means that people found my formatting a bit messy.
"Life: +1 {+Helmet}" means my +1 on levelup the past mission, and a +1 from the Helmet! :D So I have a TINY bit MORE life!
...Is what I would've said, 'till I remembered I put that in Language. :v Well at least I've a better plan if I live! I updated my sheet after forgetting all people who found the kids [Toaster/CrocandBearLover/Egan_BW (Alice)/others with me in a turn back] got +5 GLORY.

Also wow that AA gun is very nice. I will not continue using it due to my wounds! I believe it uses Heavy Rifles since I got a 4, but acted like a 5?
Otherwise someone skilled, please use it.))

"Someone else t-take the gun. Aim it at our 9 o'clock, facing towards where Bob went. I thought I heard someone dying there- or was that just me? Either way, I heard something there--at least I saw him go there--and it may be my hearing instead. Check on it, but fire that gun instead. We've got all we need in the supply depot, and we can capture an officer easy in our black suits coupled with the night.

"Medic! Give me a medical bag!"

((...Does ANYONE have a medical bag, that isn't a first aid? I'm totally requisitioning a better sniper rifle and shifting my class if I live x_x Because we need more medic classes.))

@CrocandBearLover: Update your sheet with 'utilitarian stuff' as listed in mine. You searched the supply depot for useful things. Assume at least that means getting a flashlight and other devices.

Joan:
> Get a medical bag from someone, or a first aid kit, hobble up in between the nearest barracks areas; heal self.
> Also much down some rations, and take some time to compose self. Be reminded of mission objectives.

Prioritize the second one, if it clears more status effects and maluses to actions, because I can handle a few wounds!

((Passing an item takes a lot less time than a full action guys! :3))

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Edit: Argh. The only guy with a medic bag...is far south west of most of us.
 :'(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:42:49 pm by Tiruin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: September 17, 2017, 02:45:44 am »

"It's running and gunning time!"

Prepare my shotgun and save Bob. The Nazis leaning on the lower left corner of the building to the west are prioritized targets.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 17, 2017, 02:58:11 am »

Wake up from my short nap on the truck and get into the back of the truck with my recoilless rifle ready

(Sorry about not posting)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: September 17, 2017, 08:08:10 am »

"Got it, Joan!" Bob tosses her his first aid kit if no one else does, and hops into the AA gun, aiming it in the direction that Bob headed in.

Hand over first aid kit if needed, and aim the AA gun at 9 o'clock, ready to fire. ((Also, how much Glory does Joan get for that mayhem))
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: September 17, 2017, 10:45:14 am »

Quit lazing around and wake up, this is a war, not a blasted slumber party!

How dead am I? Nearly dead, mostly dead, just unconscious?

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #804 on: September 19, 2017, 10:19:55 pm »

I lost the post halfway through and no longer have a form recovery plugin. As such, if your post doesn't have a recorded roll, thats because I remember the post but not the rolls.

Quit lazing around and wake up, this is a war, not a blasted slumber party!

How dead am I? Nearly dead, mostly dead, just unconscious?

You manage to wake up but the wound in your chest is now hurting like crazy. Every breath feels like a serrated knife being dragged through your chest. [-2 life]

Run in to help out Bob,shotgun ready to fire
You run in and see a smocked man standing over Bob, who is laying on the ground, bleeding. You scream and fire 3 rounds at the man. The first misses, the second catches him dead center in the chest, and the third clips his shoulder as he falls.   

15 GLORY!

"...Nothing I can't deal with."

Findaradio contactJoan healmyself taxionto runway

You tune in to her frequency and announce yourself.

You get yourself patched up [+1 life]

The plane is a bit different than what you're used to but you manage to get it started. When the engines come on, the hanger is filled with a crackling hum and a blue-white light flickers all around, though you cannot see the source. Your hair stands on end from static as you press the handle forward and the plane begins to taxi forward, the hum getting deeper. You clear the hanger but find yourself on a runway with a half dozen nazis. They are running in towards the south and east, apparently drawn by the noise. They look at the plane but don't seem to register it as a threat.

((The map is unreadable, as is the last one for that matter. Not sure if it is just me.))

Back the way I came, quickly!

You run a good distance away.

((Joan is the baddest ass.  Takes several grenades to the face, and it just pissed her off.

@Milo, get firefox browser for your mobile.  'S what I use for 90% of my forum viewing, works way better than any of the other options I've tried.))

"Sounds like someone's having some real fun, hahaha!  Serves the Naughties right!"

Simon slams hard on the brakes, and hops out of the truck before it even comes to a complete stop.  He rushes over to the back, shouting to catch Ed's attention, and then tosses an oversized MG15 to the man.  "Here, take this, better than some dinky knife!  You're in charge now, I'm gonna go find a nest!"

The sniper then rushes off before Ed has a chance to respond, or ask who's driving.

Since we're not on the map, I'm going to assume we're East of the building that had the kids in it, since that's where I was heading.  Simon dismounts, gives Ed the MG15 he's somehow been toting around since last mission, and rushes into the building.  Straight to the roof, the team needs sniper support!

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Follow the sound of gunfire and help out with my flamethrower.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

Both of you return to the base. Joe runs up to the rest of the group and Simon climbs up a rain gutter drain pipe to get to the roof of the supply depot.

"Yeah, Okay."

Ed takes the MG15 and hops into the driver's seat. He drives the truck up to the north side of the supply depot and turns it around facing east, so the back is near the door up there. Then he hops out and takes Yarrick and Joe into the building (unless their players do something else), grabs any remaining flashlights, and considers the best way to get those shells onto the truck. How many shells are there? Is there a forklift? which wall are they strapped to? Is there an overhead crane? Are the shells attached to anything else besides the wall?

If there is a forklift and the shells are mounted simply, Ed will immediately begin getting them onto the truck, with the help of whichever of his current tag-alongs are still with him.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
"I think stealth is officially out the window."

Assist Ed with getting shells loaded up.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
Wake up from my short nap on the truck and get into the back of the truck with my recoilless rifle ready

(Sorry about not posting)
After the truck is pulled into position Ed and Jack head in to gather the shells. The shells aren't attached to walls at all, they're just sitting out in the open. But there's no crane or forklift or even hand cart to push the things. They are, however, cylindrical and it would be possible to roll them to the truck.  Ed tests the weight of the things and they're heavy, but not as much as he initially believed. He can lift a corner of one, so with maybe 3 people, it would be possible to lift the shells from the ground up into the bed of the truck. He considers for a moment the shells and their contents but then realizes there's not much of a choice.

Ed and Jack roll out about 1/3rd of shells and, together with Yarrick, begin loading them into the back of the truck.

[-6 life (puts you at -5 life because of the helmet), -2 physical, -2 mind].
((Hooo cheese, I am SOOO happy I put that +1 to Life. So um, this means that people found my formatting a bit messy.
"Life: +1 {+Helmet}" means my +1 on levelup the past mission, and a +1 from the Helmet! :D So I have a TINY bit MORE life!
...Is what I would've said, 'till I remembered I put that in Language. :v Well at least I've a better plan if I live! I updated my sheet after forgetting all people who found the kids [Toaster/CrocandBearLover/Egan_BW (Alice)/others with me in a turn back] got +5 GLORY.

Also wow that AA gun is very nice. I will not continue using it due to my wounds! I believe it uses Heavy Rifles since I got a 4, but acted like a 5?
Otherwise someone skilled, please use it.))

"Someone else t-take the gun. Aim it at our 9 o'clock, facing towards where Bob went. I thought I heard someone dying there- or was that just me? Either way, I heard something there--at least I saw him go there--and it may be my hearing instead. Check on it, but fire that gun instead. We've got all we need in the supply depot, and we can capture an officer easy in our black suits coupled with the night.

"Medic! Give me a medical bag!"

((...Does ANYONE have a medical bag, that isn't a first aid? I'm totally requisitioning a better sniper rifle and shifting my class if I live x_x Because we need more medic classes.))

@CrocandBearLover: Update your sheet with 'utilitarian stuff' as listed in mine. You searched the supply depot for useful things. Assume at least that means getting a flashlight and other devices.

Joan:
> Get a medical bag from someone, or a first aid kit, hobble up in between the nearest barracks areas; heal self.
> Also much down some rations, and take some time to compose self. Be reminded of mission objectives.

Prioritize the second one, if it clears more status effects and maluses to actions, because I can handle a few wounds!

((Passing an item takes a lot less time than a full action guys! :3))

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Edit: Argh. The only guy with a medic bag...is far south west of most of us.
 :'(
You use up your first aid pouch and heal 2 life. You eat a ration and restore 2 physical as well. Mentally, you're still not great; all this pain is distracting and disheartening in equal degrees.

"It's running and gunning time!"

Prepare my shotgun and save Bob. The Nazis leaning on the lower left corner of the building to the west are prioritized targets.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
You run up and around the corner. The four remaining smocked men are there, ready to move in. You can see, to the north, more men rushing down toward the team's location.
[4] You take a shot at the nearest man and he doubles over but doesn't fall. [6] You take another shot and bring him down with that one. You fire again at the next closest and catch him in the arm. [5] You fire a fourth time and he spins as the spray catches his chin.

30 GLORY!

"Got it, Joan!" Bob tosses her his first aid kit if no one else does, and hops into the AA gun, aiming it in the direction that Bob headed in.

Hand over first aid kit if needed, and aim the AA gun at 9 o'clock, ready to fire. ((Also, how much Glory does Joan get for that mayhem))

You hop into the blood soaked seat and turn the AA gun around, pointing it north west and lowering the barrels, Waiting for someone to come round the corner.

Joan gets 70 GLORY for her actions.

Zack finds himself suddenly up against a dozen or more Nazis, all running towards him. They spray shots at him mid-run, peppering the AA building with rounds. Most miss him entirely but a few don't.  They tear into him, one hitting him in the leg, another in the left hand, a third in the chest and a fourt and final one cutting his left cheek clean in half and exposing his teeth. He drops to one knee. [-4 life]

Timer: 40
Timer: 0

Ed's bomb, sitting in the motor pool, goes off.  The demo charges of the 888th are not massive in size or capacity. They are not 100lb bombs. They are about 8lbs of densely packed explosive and a chemical fuse. Had this been a normal, empty building, the bomb would probably have leveled it. Had it been a building simply filled with cars, then it probably would have destroyed both the vehicles and the structure, but more from the blast wave than some ball of fire. But the motor pool had something else inside it: It had 14 metal barrels of fuel. The blast was not significantly larger for it, but it added the sorts of flaming metal shrapnel that a standard demo charge didn't have. And those shards of metal, coated in a thin film of burning fuel, are propelled like bullets and catch the fuel tanks just beside the motorpool.  The tanks did not explode like you might believe. They ruptured and a cloud of high pressure fuel poured out like a dense chemical fog. It flowed like floodwaters, pouring out in all directions, rolling between buildings like rocks in a stream.  It flowed and flowed and ran through the base until it hit just the right density. And then something set it off. Maybe fire from the first blast, maybe embers from the forest fire, maybe the burning grass south of the base. It doesn't matter what.

The cloud that had raced across half the base in a few seconds became fire.

To the members of the 888th, all they saw was what looked like a cloud of black smoke sweeping over them. Then after a moment of confusion, they were on fire. A few avoided this fate. Simon on the roof was high enough that the fuel mist simply rolled around beneath him and he stood amidst the flame like a man on a island stands amidst the sea.  Alice, in the Nazi plane, is shielded from the fire. Smith is far enough away to escape the blast. But everyone else is caught in it.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Bob, just barely regaining conciousness as the mist comes in, is open mouthed and breathing in as the fire hits. The fire shorches his lungs in an instant and he dies without a scream. Zack, already badly injured from the gun shot wounds, cannot survive the blast and dies, still on one knee.  Joe, by some luck, is only mildly burnt, despite being so close to the other two. Comes comes out with patches of red and bloody skin, but he's still alive [-2 life -1 physical]. Winston, Robert, Joe Nix, and Yarrick are all burnt to some degree, chunks of skin and flesh boiling and burning black in the instant burst of heat. But they live. [-3 life, -2 physical, -1 mental]. Jack survives as well, but every exposed inch of skin is burnt. His hair is gone, is face red and black, covered in second and third degree burns, welling and blistering almost instantly.[-5 life, -3 physical, -2 mental]  Ed is badly singed but survives almost unscathed by some miracle.  And Joan, horribly injured already, is burnt as much as those men around her. Had she been uninjured, she could have survived it but, weakened as she was the extra injuries were just too much. She dies quietly between the two barracks.

The fire consumes dozens of nazis as well, almost the entire force thats coming to attack the men around the AA gun is wiped out, with a few survivors further north.

The shockwave from the bomb unbalances Alice's plane, and the burst of flame lifts it even more off balance and cracks the windshield. [6] Alice pulls on the unfamiliar controls and finds the plane eager to fly, moving impossibly as though the winds were surging up under the wings to lift it from the runway. She manages to steady the plane and bring it down onto its wheels a good 50 feet away, half on the runway, half off.

The Supply depot, already unstable from the AA gun fire, lists heavily and half collapses. [5] Simon scrambles away, up to the edge of the uncollapsed side and braces himself on the edge.

The fireball dies almost as fast as it started and the air is sucked back into the void with a thunder clap. In the aftermath, half the base is a sea of flame and half crushed buildings, a scene of hellish ruins strewn with burnt bodies.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #805 on: September 19, 2017, 10:31:04 pm »

((Wait a second... I was the closest to the blast and I'm fine?

Also, wow, what a dickish thing to do (particularly after I specified that I wasn't throwing the bomb at anything explody), I guess you wanted to blow the base up at all costs?))

East, twords the munitions building (avoiding the blaze of course). I heard firing beyond that earlier, and the others are sure to be near there.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:33:15 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #806 on: September 19, 2017, 10:37:09 pm »

((Wait a second... I was the closest to the blast and I'm fine?

Also, wow, what a dickish thing to do (particularly after I specified that I wasn't throwing the bomb at anything explody), I guess you wanted to blow the base up at all costs?))

East, twords the munitions building (avoiding the blaze of course). I heard firing beyond that earlier, and the others are sure to be near there.

You said throw it along that side of the base! Literally, every building on that side of the base is full of things that explode! I threw it into the LEAST likely to blow. There are dice rolls in the background.

ALso, you as a character have no idea that there were gas cannisters in that motor pool.  I can't let you act on knowledge your character doesn't have.

Also you're not actually at that spot on the map, you're off the map in that direction.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:40:21 pm by piecewise »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 19, 2017, 10:41:28 pm »

((If I had gotten a roll to see if my throw made it to a safe spot it would be one thing. Ignoring my stated intention (which would imply throwing into an open area or similar) so you can make things go to hell is quite another.

If you did roll in the background, don't. Please. Background rolls suck in every possible way.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:44:12 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #808 on: September 19, 2017, 10:45:57 pm »

((If I had gotten a roll to see if my throw made it to a safe spot it would be one thing. Ignoring my stated intention (which would imply throwing into an open area or similar) so you can make things go to hell is quite another.))
What, the xray vision roll? The damn barrels are behind things in there and you never took the time to actually go in and look around. At least you never said you wanted to.  You said "Throw it in somewhere that won't explode" and thus your character believed they did.  You threw the bomb in and ran off after glancing in and seeing cars. I'm sorry that I'm having you act within the knowledge of your character and not within meta god knowledge.

If you wanted it somewhere safe, you should have said "Throw it in the grass". Because grass is most definitely not explosive.

Also, if you wanna keep yelling at me, do it in OOC, we're clogging up the thread.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 10:50:58 pm by piecewise »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #809 on: September 19, 2017, 10:47:15 pm »

"What the hell was that?! Joan, come in!..
Joan! Please answer me...
Come in."

Well... Keep calling in on Joan's radio hoping that someone else picks up. Otherwise my escape might not involve getting anyone but me out of here...
Call command on the radio and report how everything is on fire, Joan's radio is dead, and I found an experimental plane.
Check the controls for anything that looks like weapons. There aren't any mounted, but who knows what these engines can do?
Finally, scarf down a ration.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 228