Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468323 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #780 on: September 13, 2017, 08:59:18 am »

((Gee, I hope those frags don't incapacitate our ONLY RADIO WOMAN.))
((When I'm away for ONE day [or more] because of rain and other reasons, turns happen x.x))

"This is why I wish we had utilitarian equipment offered. Like grenades." Joan said as she sensed the Nazi grenades fall.

((Really wishing I had GLORY but then I noticed I was being silly and self-focused :P))

Knowledge roll probably: If I know that those grenades won't go off in the next few seconds, chuck em away or further from us.

Otherwise, if I'm not affected, and me shooting this gun isn't hitting any friendlies, fire that AA gun in the Nazi direction! Hello ricochet shrapnel off (maybe-concrete)!

Otherwise-wise, if I can't do any of the above, set myself up on overwatch for the first instance of Nazi movement [like calling out to anyone to drop down as I fire]

"Begin moving out people! They're going to attack."

> Zack (Krokowicz) -- take cover and fire shotgun towards general Nazi location.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Edit: Wait I got PPE'd by piecewise's map update :V
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:03:35 am by Tiruin »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 13, 2017, 09:50:40 am »

GET DOWN!
Run due west, away from the guns, grenades, and enemies, and the drop prone and aim at the corner the grenades came from.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #782 on: September 13, 2017, 06:06:39 pm »

((When I'm away for ONE day [or more] because of rain and other reasons, turns happen x.x))

"This is why I wish we had utilitarian equipment offered. Like grenades." Joan said as she sensed the Nazi grenades fall.

((Really wishing I had GLORY but then I noticed I was being silly and self-focused :P))

Knowledge roll probably: If I know that those grenades won't go off in the next few seconds, chuck em away or further from us.

Otherwise, if I'm not affected, and me shooting this gun isn't hitting any friendlies, fire that AA gun in the Nazi direction! Hello ricochet shrapnel off (maybe-concrete)!

Otherwise-wise, if I can't do any of the above, set myself up on overwatch for the first instance of Nazi movement [like calling out to anyone to drop down as I fire]

> Zack (Krokowicz) -- take cover and fire shotgun towards general Nazi location.

I'm pretty sure grenades ARE part of several equipment packages.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 13, 2017, 06:55:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure grenades ARE part of several equipment packages.
((Yay! I...am unsure what things we got from the supply area though, so its abstracted

Edited into action below for better clarity))

Action is now the one below.

Otherwise-wise, if I can't do any of the above in an effective manner, lob a grenade at the Nazis and then prepare AA gun fire!

> Zack (Krokowicz) -- take cover and prepare to fire shotgun towards general Nazi location.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:51:12 pm by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 14, 2017, 06:59:12 am »

"Yo, Simon. What do you want to do? south side looks clear for now. Looks like the action is up in the middle of the base, near the AA guns. I didn't see any command buildings from the hangar, so those are probably up northwest toward where all the Krauts ran. Hey, did you happen to see a radio, or a tank or anything?"

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 14, 2017, 05:12:25 pm »

Simon startles when Ed starts talking to him, having been absently staring back at the Nazis he shot.  "Huh?  Oh, oh, Ed!  Hah, I figured you were definitely dead, after throwing you out of the plane!  Impressive, gotta say!  Oh, what was I planning?  I was gonna drive around the East side, see if we couldn't rendezvous with the main force.  Maybe flank, failing that.  Ah, you can fiddle with the truck's radio if you want, I decided it'd be best not to touch it.  Me and tech don't have the best relationship, y'know?"

Get back to the truck with Ed, Joe, and Yarrick, then start driving East.  After we're past the Southeast corner, start driving North until it sounds like we're East of the gunfight.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 14, 2017, 05:17:43 pm »

"Sounds like a plan.

Ride the truck with Simon Smith. look around in the truck for useful items, like a radio or tools or something.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #787 on: September 16, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »

"Oh, what's this?"

Break the hell into that black plane's cockpit ASAP! If I have get access to secret experimental nazi technology today, maybe that'll make up for being shot.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Filthy Lucre!" You sneak carefully across the empty space over to the airplane and look for a way in. You find the entrance hatch in the middle of the fuselage and give it a test pull. It opens and swings down with a hydraulic hiss. You camber up and pull the hatch closed behind you. The inside of the plane is quite dark and empty; its basically just a hollow tube about 10 feet wide with a bunch of embedded rings to allow cargo to be strapped in place. You walk up to the cockpit and look around. It looks mostly normal, much like cockpits you've seen before but with a few alterations. The pilot chairs are larger though and seemingly designed to wrap halfway around their occupant. The controls have also been brought in closer and wrap around the pilot in a semi-circle so that he can only enter or exit by rotating the chair. The control looked the same to you as most other planes, lots of dials and switches and buttons, but the control stick was missing. In its place was a handgrip suspended in a double gimbal. 

((No map? Also, no timer ticks?))

Well, it was kinda fun to let Ed see the bomb, but it is a bomb so I really should get rid of it, sooner the better. Run west, parallel to the base as far as I can without being spotted or letting the fuse get too short, then throw this thing back into the base. I do not want it to land too close to anything explosive, a distraction, not a mortal threat to the team.

You run over and throw the explosive straight into the motor pool.

Search for more nazis to burn.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
You look around you...Hmmm. No nazi's here. But then again you're off away from the base with Ed and Simon. If you wanna burn more nazis, the base is where to go for that.

"Sounds like a plan.

Ride the truck with Simon Smith. look around in the truck for useful items, like a radio or tools or something.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
The truck is empty, sadly.

Simon startles when Ed starts talking to him, having been absently staring back at the Nazis he shot.  "Huh?  Oh, oh, Ed!  Hah, I figured you were definitely dead, after throwing you out of the plane!  Impressive, gotta say!  Oh, what was I planning?  I was gonna drive around the East side, see if we couldn't rendezvous with the main force.  Maybe flank, failing that.  Ah, you can fiddle with the truck's radio if you want, I decided it'd be best not to touch it.  Me and tech don't have the best relationship, y'know?"

Get back to the truck with Ed, Joe, and Yarrick, then start driving East.  After we're past the Southeast corner, start driving North until it sounds like we're East of the gunfight.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
You circle round to the east side of the base, right at the edge of the forested area.

Ah hell.

Take cover from grenadation!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
You run over behind Joan's gun and dive behind it, hands over your head.

Get down behind the secound turret to avoid shrapnal

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
You make like Jack and dive behind the AA gun.

"Shit!" Bob leapt out of the aircraft turret, laying down prone behind one of them. He also attempted to pull out his BAR, to ready to fire around the turret in the direction of the assailants.
Bob tries to lie prone behind the AA turret to survive the grenades, but attempts to position himself so that he can also fire around the side at the assailants if possible.((OOC: I'm making the assumption that the grenades landed square in front of the AA guns, allowing Bob to peek out to fire if he needs to, but, can we get a map, with grenade positions?))

Bob joins the "Behind the AA gun Club".

[1]
Joan considers leaping off her gun and throwing the grenades back. She considers this carefully, slowly, and unfortunately considers it right up to the point where the nades go off.

GET DOWN!
Run due west, away from the guns, grenades, and enemies, and the drop prone and aim at the corner the grenades came from.

Rather than duck behind the nearest AA gun like everyone else, you run to the west, down the alley between the hanger and the other buildings until, through the dark and the smoke, you  make out five men in front of you. The five white smocked men from before. They raise their awkward looking geometric rifles  without a word.

"Ah."  You say, stunned. [2] Too stunned to dodge behind a building.

The grenades go off a moment later. Joan is really the only one in range and not in cover. [1] Her helmet saves her life, but only just. The blast hits her like a full body shotgun spray,  shredding her flesh and leaving her broken and bleeding in the AA Gun's chair. [-6 life (puts you at -5 life because of the helmet), -2 physical, -2 mind]. [6-2] By some miracle she manages to remain concious and turns the AA gun towards the area the Nazi's where the nazi's are hiding. There's a hanger between her and them but its made of thin metal and she's a bit too angry to let it hold her back. [6-2] She places the crosshair at about where she thinks their group should end, and holds the trigger as she sweeps the gun slowly across the hanger wall. The Flakvierling 38's four barrels roar and rounds the size of a man's forearm tear through the sheet metal wall of the hanger. The rounds were flak rounds, designed to burst after traveling a certain period of time, and had no time to blow before hitting the soldiers on the other side. It was overkill, none the less. The Hanger, the men behind it, the supply depot, the AA guns, even the munitions buildings way down south, are filled fill of fist sized holes and torn to part. Parts of buildings sag or partially collapse, men are reduced to red meaty chunks and the AA guns smolder with fresh holes.

Meanwhile, the 5 men Bob just ran into take their shots at him. Their rifles don't act like normal rifles; inside their barrels he can see flashes of bluewhite light, almost like electricity. [1] The round comes out subsonic, almost like an arrow, so slow that you can actually see it for a fraction of a second before it hits you. It strikes you right in the chest and you look down to see a strange, barbed black flechette sticking out of your chest about an inch, just a little bit of metal pointing out. It doesn't hurt, strangely. From the barrel of the gun that shot you an singular arc of electrical discharge bursts forth and catches you right in the Flachette. [3-2] Your vision swims and you pass out.

TIMER 42
TIMER 2

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 16, 2017, 02:00:28 pm »

Run in to help out Bob,shotgun ready to fire
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #789 on: September 16, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »

"...Nothing I can't deal with."

Findaradio contactJoan healmyself taxionto runway

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 16, 2017, 02:26:00 pm »

((The map is unreadable, as is the last one for that matter. Not sure if it is just me.))

Back the way I came, quickly!

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 16, 2017, 02:29:48 pm »

((You on mobile? If so, not being on mobile will fix that.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2017, 02:37:56 pm »

((Not being on mobile isn't an option sadly. Can future maps be embeded the way they used to be?))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2017, 03:48:18 pm »

Follow the sound of gunfire and help out with my flamethrower.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 228