Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468914 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #735 on: September 07, 2017, 02:19:16 pm »

((I would like to bring your attention to the fact that you are about to blow up a munitions store right beside the building with the kids in it. Also, the truck is right outside this building I think. Don't.))
((pssshhhhh, it's not that close.
But yeah, even so, so what? Our objectives were intel, possibly rescue, and destruction.
a) best chance for intel is those smocked guys on the complete opposite side of the base.
b) at this point, there is a slim chance at best of rescuing even one of the children, who, I remind you, are sealed into very cylinders with various tubes surgically implanted into them from a variety of unknown containers. The rescue team's cover is well and truly blown at this point, and the hive is about to erupt.
c) BOOM!!!!

also, we'll have plenty of time to get the truck to a safe distance.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 07, 2017, 02:21:13 pm »

((Fine. Lets put it this way. You set that thing now and Smith will slot you with his pistol.))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 07, 2017, 03:38:16 pm »

((Fine. Lets put it this way. You set that thing now and Smith will slot you with his pistol.))
Say it IC, and use my character name.

And try reading my actual action before making pointless threats, ass.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 07, 2017, 03:48:09 pm »

"Lets put it this way, we are on the same side of the base as most of the team is coming from. In a munitions building. Secondaries from an expolsion in here will be huge. If you set a charge in here with such a short fuse, or hell, any charge in here until we are absolutly sure everyone is clear, I will be forced to conclude you are insane, and stop you however I can. Is that clear? You can go mad bomber all over this place when we leave, not before. Just so I'm clear "when we leave" does not mean "when we leave this particular building", it means "when we leave this base with the others". Our objectives require that we destroy the base last not first. Objectives first, personal mad bomber fantasies later."
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 07, 2017, 04:01:49 pm »

"You're an idiot, with no sense of the flow of battle. Go get shot, asshole."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 07, 2017, 04:05:53 pm »

"Care to explain why you think it is a good idea? What I see is someone who wants to abandon the main objectives and race straight to the last objective at the cost of endangering their fellow soldiers."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 07, 2017, 04:16:18 pm »

"No, I don't particularly care to explain it to a moron pointing a gun at his teammates. It doesn't matter anyway, just go watch the door and listen to the firefight. Lst place I want to be when the Nazis come swarming is in the middle of their frikken bomb depot. In case you didn't notice - there's only one exit from here."

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 07, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »

((I haven't pointed a gun at your character IC, yet. If he keeps acting crazy I may be forced to.

How can you possibly think a 2 turn timer on a bomb in the middle of everyone can be a good idea? Do you want to kill everybody and fail the mission?))

"But you sure want to blow said bomb depot up. Put the charge away, now is not the time."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 07, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »

((your ultimatums are getting tedious and insulting. IC stuff, I don't care. But keep it IC.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #744 on: September 07, 2017, 10:43:09 pm »

((TOASTER :D Missed seeing you around there \o/ Yes you're too far away to stab, but you've been set up very well to have explicit aim at the two AA-single crewmen. Meaning both AA crewmen :P Hopefully did your character good here.))

((o7

I blame Alice for everything that went south here.  Or PW's cursed monkeyfingerbonedice.))

If Alice doesn't clearly have the situation in hand, shoot again.  Try not to miss.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 08, 2017, 12:25:21 am »

((I'm unsure which is more entertaining--that Milo's resorting to teamkilling rather than conceding that he doesn't have a strong argument, or that said teamkilling is very unlikely to actually kill Ed before the bomb detonates, let alone before it's planted.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 08, 2017, 12:30:24 am »

((Oh no, not even teamkilling. His action is still the same and he's not said anything of the sort IC, he's just attempted to threaten using text in double quotation marks. Which really shouldn't work on anyone with a vague understanding of the separation between IC and OOC.))

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 08, 2017, 12:58:40 am »

((Well fine. If you want to go boom then let the charge setting proceed. I would prefer to survive to finish my objectives.

Think for second. Munitions building, right next to where everyone is, timer set for 2 turns. Most of the squad will die if this charge is set. How is that not a good argument?))

((EDIT:
))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 01:42:07 am by milo christiansen »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 08, 2017, 04:49:14 am »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 08, 2017, 10:19:48 am »

((Saying that you could easily kill your teammate in an RTD is at best wishful thinking. Because you're not a damn WH40k commissar, you're some random dude who has a decent chance of fucking up anything you attempt to do, and your ally is also a random dude who has a decent chance to totally avoid anything you do to them. See one of my hilarious attempts to get spazyak's character killed in ERED:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 228