Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468530 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #690 on: August 31, 2017, 07:44:00 pm »

Tir, once again: We've been trained in first aid (As soldiers, anyway), and the very first rule of first aid is that you NEVER do anything without first securing the area. That means knowing that you won't be incapacitated by attempting to recover or treat the victim, and also understanding what the issue is.

So please, just read the labels. No unnecessary fatalities. It's going to get messy if we've got to lug those things onto a plane.

We'd have to clear the base of Germans first.
((Yes :P But I'm also worried because of the uncertainty of the situation--hence why I've set up standing orders way back for people to really secure the perimeter. Handling those AA guns can also act as machine gun emplacements, alongside holding the tanks or otherwise if there are any...on an airbase, or any local communications tower. For that matter, after this quickturn update, I'm going to give orders for people to carry my radio and try to find any radio tower in the area.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #691 on: September 01, 2017, 05:48:51 pm »

"Ah, dibs?"

Nab that girly mag that Joe found. Then, finally, sneak into the hanger? Peek out of the door first to make sure nobody is looking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You grab the girly magazine. Its all in german but you're not terribly interested in the articles.

The hanger? The one Ed was on? Well...ok. Lets see...you don't offer a direction so  I'm gonna assume you're gonna by the north most pass, since it has less people hanging around. At least less that you can see. [stealth:1] You get right behind an AA gun just in time for it to swing around and the barrels to clothesline you straight off your feet. You land flat on your back with a breathless expletive. AA gunner stands up off his chair and looks down at you with a face of shock, alarm and worry, clearly still not entirely sure who you are or what is happening.

Stick close to Joe (I can't see any of the others right?), stay alert for hostiles.

In the quietest tone Smith can manage: "Stop trying to get us killed you idiot! If you whistle again I'll brain you with my .45. We should check out that clatter from inside the building."

"Alright, alright calm down. You take the lead."

Follow Smith's lead, checking out clatter further in the building. STEALTHILY.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
Begin Joe Command: Follow Smith
Begin Smith Command: Follow Joe
Error: Infinite Loop

Could we get an updated map, please?

Now, we appear to have either primitive life support (Not really likely) or some really nasty experiments (VERY likely).

Tiruin, can your character read German? I suspect mine can, as having the unwilling victims of a torture session occupants of an information-gathering facility write things down is a good tool, should you need to resort to the cutting-out of tongues in the interrogation process. However, if you can read German, figure out what those labels say, and fast.

Those labels are honestly scaring me, even without any knowledge of what's on them. The Germans experimented with some pretty nasty chemicals in WWII...and we're in a Piecewise game. Those fuel tanks are probably full of, not fuel, but chlorine trifluoride, and the little canisters in the gel are probably discount Captain America bio-modification drugs.

Move north, to the corner of the building, away from those triple-A guns, and check the corner, then move across the open space, still heading north, to the end of the row of buildings.

Everyone always expects you to go for the biggest hangar when planning an escape. The solution, therefore, is to just go to the second-biggest hangar, which should definitely have what you need, while being much poorer-guarded and much less conspicuous.

Triple A guns?  Do they fire roadside assistance?

In any case, you head north, staying behind the three buildings. These buildings look to be the showers, toilets and rec room of the base, judging by what you can see of them and their signs. You reach the end of the row and look around. What you can see through the smoke is mostly just a large expanse of mostly cleared grass and a few trees.

Enter the building, Springfield ready.  Only shoot any Germans if they see me--otherwise, sneak closer so I can knock them out quietly.

If it's clear, look around at the available vehicles.  First priority is something with a big gun (which neither of us are good with...), and then something with an enclosed cabin so the occupants are difficult to make out.  Get in and make sure it's ready to go, but don't leave yet.

"Yarrick, think we should search this building more before leaving?  I don't want to stay here any longer than necessary, but it might be worth it."

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
You turn the corner into the building and  give it a good sweep with your rifle. Nothing, at least nothing you can see. You lower your rifle and begin searching; its a fast process since everything is all out in the open. Nothing with a big gun but there is quite a large truck here with not only a closed cab but a large bed covered in one of those canvas ceilings you sometimes see on cargo trucks. It looks large enough to hold the entire team plus a good deal of cargo. You look around and find the keys for the truck on a little wooden board, along with the keys to every other vehicle. You check the engine and it turns on with a deep grumble.

"My God, they're using the children as-. . .This is more than a war crime. Everyone inside, help, please!"

Everyone seriously get those flashlights, and then speak to the children with that one language that got a response.
Inspect those symbols, using either knowledge or Language, and use medical knowledge in trying to find a way in getting these childen .

Order Zack and Jack to help out with this (after grabbing some flashlights for the search team)

If my radio can be used, order someone to dial into command, or try to.

"What is happening here? Can any of you respond?"

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

TIMER: 50
((OKAY WHAT IS THIS @_@))

Those labels are honestly scaring me, even without any knowledge of what's on them. The Germans experimented with some pretty nasty chemicals in WWII...and we're in a Piecewise game. Those fuel tanks are probably full of, not fuel, but chlorine trifluoride, and the little canisters in the gel are probably discount Captain America bio-modification drugs.
((I'm unsure how we can identify what's in them other than interrupting with what's going on, but hence me shoving orders out--and probably using this 'quick' turn as knowledge use))
You get your various cohorts to gather up the flashlights before speaking to the child whose shell yu have open.  [hidden] Its hard to understand him, his speech seems slurred, but he says something about...fire?

[4] The writing is german and is nothing but a single word repeated around the circumfrence of the cylinder.  The first is "HERZ" which could mean Heart, or soul, or courage depending on the context. The one under it is "ATEM" which could mean breath or wind. A third, "BISSIGKEIT", which was something like vitriol or Bile. The fourth, "VERARBEITEN" which could mean digest or work or process. "SPANNEN" for Flex or Clamp or something like that.  Finally, "SCHLEUSEN" which could mean channeling, funneling or filtering.

The symbol isn't one you know the meaning of but it is familiar. You recognize it from something another soldier found on D-day; a medallion that had the same symbol on it.

You tune your radio to command.

"Bones. Whats the situtation?"

Gutentag, motherfuck-ow. Ow, ahah, hah. Ow.

Edit: I'll go ahead and eat my restorative ration, and then try to get out from under the shelf. Unless the other guy remains a threat. I realize he has not been described as dead, yet. So if he is still a danger to me, fight him instead.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
You eat a small snack while trapped under the shelf with the dying nazi crewmen. It tastes like victory.

Thus restored, you attempt to scramble out of under the shelf before anyone comes to see what happened. [4] You manage to get out of under the shelf, but only just. The shelf is still toppled and things are very obviously messed up around here. Oh and that corpse is trapped down there and is bleeding profusely all over everything. Hmm. Not exactly subtle.

Watch the door the group went into.  Don't get seen; observe what is going on.  Is there a better vantage point?

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
You keep watch outside and see Alice get thwacked and go down. You sigh and draw your weapon, ready for things to go violently wrong.
Awesome, thanks!

Going to edit my action to be a little more precise.
((We now have a very obvious bloodstreak :P At least we've got overwatch folks ready to attack the flak gunners, having prepared their aim!

Although I'm really wondering what to do now .-. the text said their eyes and mouths could move so I'm assuming that the neck and below are more restrained akin to how an electric chair worked (but more for something that we've no idea about)
But I think I can disconnect all those given my Medical Training??))

TIMER: 50
((OKAY WHAT IS THIS @_@))
A bomb, set to explode. But you have know way of knowing that IC. Nor do I, for that matter.
((Yes but for whom :P Did anyone else set a bomb? We'll know IC on Piece's update. Hopefully.))
The bomb that whats his face set on the fuel tanks outside. Speaking of which

Timer: 45

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #692 on: September 01, 2017, 05:55:28 pm »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 01, 2017, 06:18:31 pm »

Turn the corner, and continue West, on the outside of the buildings. Watch for any Germans. Keep working towards the airstrip and the hangars.

If When the gunfire starts, fire on any Germans I can clearly identify.

We're working in five-minute turns, so I'm going to go ahead and just assume that it's not going to take me five minutes to figure out why there's gunfire going off.

We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 01, 2017, 06:37:09 pm »

Head around the corner and into the building (the one I am right beside) where all that clattering came from.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:58:21 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 01, 2017, 07:56:20 pm »

Head around the corner and into the hanger where all that clattering came from.

The clattering came from the munitions building you are standing next to. the hangar is that really big thi8ng north of that.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 01, 2017, 08:02:20 pm »

((Thanks, I got the buildings mixed up...

I really should head to the building with the kids (maybe a medic can help?) but I have no IC reason to do so, while I have a strong reason to check the clattering. Damn, I wish there were small radios in WWII...

EDIT: The map could really use some labels...))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 08:04:31 pm by milo christiansen »
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #697 on: September 01, 2017, 08:23:41 pm »

"Uh. Uh. B-bonjour?"

Pretend to be drunk and fren- wait. No, we're in Poland.
Act drunk and polish. Polish is like French, right? I hope that German doesn't know the language...
Display the shrub on my head and my looted magazine to act as evidence that I'm drunk. If he buys it, quickly stagger off in the direction of nothing important.
If all else fails, hand him the magazine, put my finger to my lips, and wink.

[/quote]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 01, 2017, 08:52:54 pm »

Perfect.  Grab ALL the keys to ALL the vehicles, then shove Yarrick into the passenger seat and drive out very slowly and carefully.  Drive along the west side of the base, heading to the northwest corner, while staying away from anyone on foot.  Edit: Actually, drive along the south side of the base, since my reasons for avoiding Smith & Joe are no longer important--they can stay hidden in the back, and can serve as wonderful meatshields emergency meatshields.

Hope that +2 dexterity is enough to keep me from killing myself in a crash.  Edit: And maybe that +3 camo can somehow allow me to drive stealthily.  :P

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 01, 2017, 08:56:19 pm »

((Preparing for our inevitable escape? I aprove. Maybe stop by the building where they are holding the kids instead? Or don't you know where it is IC?))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 01, 2017, 09:05:06 pm »

Get in the truck pistol ready if anyone notices we arent German

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 01, 2017, 09:14:34 pm »

((We indeed have no idea where the rest of our teammates are.  After all, we were two of the last people out of the plane, and landed on the opposite side of the base from everyone.  We did see Smith and Joe, but I decided it would be best to avoid people without camo, since Yarrick and I both have it at +3.

Honestly, 90% of the reason I'm taking the truck is because it's a quick and relatively stealthy method of transport, at least in the smoke and confusion.  The fact that we can carry the rest of the team in it is just a bonus--a very dubious bonus, considering that there's a massive firestorm which will likely surround the entire base shortly.))

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 01, 2017, 09:16:55 pm »

This is the 888th.

Driving through a massive firestorm is the LEAST dangerous thing we might do this mission.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #703 on: September 01, 2017, 10:28:28 pm »

"Uh. Uh. B-bonjour?"

Pretend to be drunk and fren- wait. No, we're in Poland.
Act drunk and polish. Polish is like French, right? I hope that German doesn't know the language...
Display the shrub on my head and my looted magazine to act as evidence that I'm drunk. If he buys it, quickly stagger off in the direction of nothing important.
If all else fails, hand him the magazine, put my finger to my lips, and wink.

I'll point out that you're in black commando gear so it might be hard to pass yourself off as some random peasant.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 02, 2017, 12:24:28 am »

The bomb that whats his face set on the fuel tanks outside. Speaking of which

Timer: 45
((Oh, so it's nothing we know IC. Good!
Also for any text below, things in 'Font type Georgia' are over the radio [the formal looking text], things in common lettering is spoken, and things in italics are using Language))
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Joan announced her findings of the symbols, and notified everyone what she knew--and what she knew from the child.

Then, letting others handle the few seconds she spent in speaking to command, she spoke into her radio. [And adjusted any words that I have no idea is military-speak, into military-speak]
"We're dealing with a biological war crime in progress. Children are found, alive, in a storehouse. We're deep in the base, and there's a problem. The children are alive, in six foot high artillery shell containers. Those containers seem like biological holding cells for them, and they've got tubes right into their chest and strapped down like a traction bed-," she said, describing how the situation was in vivid detail, concisely, especially the symbols.

"We're finding a way to extract them. Any info on this, Command? Will use my medical training to extract as best as I can, but I don't think it'll be that easy wish such kinds of placements," she finished. "This" meant the situation she described, with the symbols and the configuration, and that she could note the difficulty of doing any kind of extraction from the connections she could see.

"The situation doesn't look good, but we're all safe. Probably lost a couple or so from the plane.
. . . And I'm assuming that they're using the children as literal, biological ammunition.
"

"The rest of you, leave only at least two people in here. Signal the others, use those flashlights and cover the rim to make it as a cone. Stock up on the essentials from here. We've to find a way to get these children out safely.

"We will attempt to get you free. We will remove you from there. Will that help?"

Stock up on the essentials from this supply depot. Communicate with Command.
Also try to find out if I have tools that can extract the children with medical training, and talk with them--also checking the OTHER shells through the windows (If I know it'll be safe to open their shells, do that).

If I can infer from command's response, or otherwise find a good way to remove them safely, start out with the first child I met.
And mentally prepare self for what will possibly happen.

Toaster (Jack Worter)-- Keep overwatch, but also check on the others in his sight range.
Zack (Krokowicz)-- Distribute essentials to other soldiers nearby, and call for other soldiers to get in here while briefing them concisely.

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 05:02:07 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 228