Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468031 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Stealth Hedge
« Reply #600 on: August 13, 2017, 01:15:52 am »

((While I would've asked to retcon the polish phrases, that would be bad of me because I honestly forgot to do that back on the plane :P Thanks Piece!))

Also yay for talking being a free action.

"We have a lot of choices, and the AA guns aren't one of them. Any plans or bright ideas? We should all head to the supply depot, and get through those doors"

Joan was distracted by some ash floating onto her nose, and brushed it away.

"If that fire gets any worse, I'm wondering if they're going to do more drastic measures."

((The Supply Depot in our update is noted to the the building that we're adjacent to. The two tiny 2x2 grey blocks with one red soldier in them are the AA guns. The 3 Rectangles north of our six man group are barracks (and the three buildings at the northeast are the recreation/bathrooms))

That means our most likely choices are either the one we're cornered on, or the big one where ED [Ozarck] is. Or we could go into the barracks and probably steal some uniforms? :v Is that even viable at all? I bet that could go with 'Camouflage' as a skill :P)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 13, 2017, 02:52:54 am »

((Coordinating before we blow the bomb is highly impractical, considering how horribly disorganized we are.  Blowing it up now will act as a nice signal that everyone's sure to see, not to mention be a great distraction.  Waiting only risks spoiling the effect, especially if we wait for everyone to get together.))

"Good thinking, Yarrick.  I suggest using about two minutes of fuse, gives us just enough time to get away.  We'll steal a car after, move across the base, opposite of where they think the attack's coming from."

Cover Yarrick while he places the satchel charge, shooting anyone who spots him or fires at him.  Once he's down, lead him back to the southwest corner of the motor pool--we'll wait for the boom, then steal a vehicle.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 13, 2017, 04:46:52 am »

((Oh Jesus. Ed's gonna die to that fueltank explosion. He has no IC reason to be getting away from it right now, and is horribly, horribly exposed. RIP, Edward Bohring, you had an exciting, if brief, run.))

((also, this:
[Hidden] Joan provides several  phrases for the soldiers with her to speak to native children, should they find any.
is going to go just swimmingly.

From distant past, or is it ancient future
A voice echoes through the voids between realities
Inexorable, inexplicable
Tempting with words sweet, a second try
horribly gone awry, a legend born

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 13, 2017, 06:06:31 am »

((Oh Jesus. Ed's gonna die to that fueltank explosion. He has no IC reason to be getting away from it right now, and is horribly, horribly exposed. RIP, Edward Bohring, you had an exciting, if brief, run.))
Well we can IC contact you, if you bothered to look waaaaay left, and scan the area again? :P I think we can see you anyway, from our corner area to your corner...up there.
((also, this:
[Hidden] Joan provides several  phrases for the soldiers with her to speak to native children, should they find any.
is going to go just swimmingly.
It'll be accents that will be the fault :P But hopefully even the basic ones get out right.
Else Piece plays this for humor if people roll 1's.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 13, 2017, 06:30:29 am »

Well we can IC contact you, if you bothered to look waaaaay left, and scan the area again? :P I think we can see you anyway, from our corner area to your corner...up there.
I believe you guys up there have even less idea what Smith and Yarrick are about to do than Edward does, since blowing that fuel station has been Ed's goal since he discovered what it was three or four turns ago. And even if he sees you, he's not immediately getting down to run across the base to you - he'd think that would be suicide, with all the base personnel about. though they have thinned out near him enough that he is considering dropping down and making his way either to the munitions buldings in teh south east, or up to the supply depot you are by, or, failing that, even around to the northwest to see what's there.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 13, 2017, 06:52:33 am »

"Not going to be taking one of the guns? I guess for now cover's important. I agree, let's try to break into the barracks for uniforms. Base seems to be in chaos right now, so we might not need to act like these guys as much. Only problem is if one of our friends shoots us. Bob assumed a thoughtful position. "We could probably take the barracks anyway, take out anyone inside if there is anyone, even if we don't disguise ourselves?"

Bob simply follows Joan's lead for now, keeping as sharp an eye out as possible in the smoke.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 14, 2017, 03:16:55 am »

With the satchel charge set the longest timer I can

(max of three hours)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 14, 2017, 12:30:46 pm »

Also following Joan.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2017, 02:39:16 pm »

Follows Joan(dont forgot to put me on the map)
Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 15, 2017, 12:11:25 am »

"We need someone to watch the doors. Also those AA guns, those could work as gun emplacements."
Quote from: People with me in searching the building; I'm going to try to pick the lock (Knowledge roll, most likely)
> Joe Polnik [Papaj] (Shotgun)
> Winston Atzili [Twinwolf] (Anti-armor Rifle/M1 Garan)
> Me (Sniper Rifle)
> Robert McKinley/"Bob" [Strider03] (BAR/MachineGun and Pistol // MP 34, German SMG) [He is Robert M on the map. Bob is someone else, providing overwatch]
==+==
People not yet posted:
> Toaster [Jack Worter; Thompson SMG]
> CrocandBearLover (Zack Krokowicz; Shotgun)
"If this is taking too long, use your pistol on the lock, Bob."

Knowledge roll; lockpick that padlock. Then we're searching in that store house. (Fluff stuff, like my hairpins, or finding a hammer, or otherwise that helps open that lock safely)

If the folks who haven't posted yet, haven't posted. take these fellows with me:
> Twinwolf, Papaj, Strider03, CrocandBearLover.

> Toaster,  keeps watch.
> BEFORE ALICE GOES TO THE HANGAR, give her a weapon (like, ask Strider03/Robert M to give her a weapon, preferably the Pistol)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 05:50:19 am by Tiruin »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 15, 2017, 03:44:13 am »

When the padlock is lockpicked successfully, enter the store house and cover the door.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 16, 2017, 07:53:01 am »

Bob will hand over his pistol and ammo to Alice for the time being.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 17, 2017, 05:58:38 am »

As Joan fiddled with her inventory, she whispered to those around her.
"If our stealth is broken, I want two of you to take down those AA guns and subvert them as anti-infantry emplacements. That's the noisiest thing we'll be hearing--on the plus side, it may also mean 'more bombers' if heard by those out of base.

I just hope the fires can be quenched at this point. Unless the base isn't connected to the forest for some reason."

I edited my action.
Also, MFW the ONE GUY WE NEED for ensuring we can lockpick (The Engineer)...isn't here. :I

Quote from: Of course I had fun talking it over with Argentinian friend buddy Lieutenant
Meunahlux - Today at 6:54 PM
never leave home without toolbox
Tiruin - Today at 6:54 PM
We can't give up! For the probably kidnapped children!
Wait we do have an engineer!
💝 Emma 💝 - Today at 6:54 PM
use a hammer to knock the hinges out
>engineer
💝 Emma 💝 - Today at 6:54 PM
then lift the door
Tiruin - Today at 6:54 PM
...Who isn't here
:V
MFW WE NEEDED HIM TO NOT NEED A ROLL FOR HAIRPINS (or finding essential tools like a hammer or your tin can strategy thing)

Wait I just realized his name is Edward Bohring.
And he's on the roof of the biggest building :V TOSS US THAT PACK! :P
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:08:56 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 17, 2017, 07:44:13 am »

And more than one person in your party already knows who it is that is on the top of that building. It's up to you guys with that knowledge to connect with the guy just trying not to be seen by the, oh, forty and more Nazis he's counted on the ground all around him at various points since his oh-so-fortuitous landing. Right now, Edward's only plan (wait for some clear space and climb down the ladder) is going to get him killed.

P.S. Check and see if there is a lader on the north east corner of the hangar.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 17, 2017, 07:46:44 am »

And more than one person in your party already knows who it is that is on the top of that building. It's up to you guys with that knowledge to connect with the guy just trying not to be seen by the, oh, forty and more Nazis he's counted on the ground all around him at various points since his oh-so-fortuitous landing. Right now, Edward's only plan (wait for some clear space and climb down the ladder) is going to get him killed.

P.S. Check and see if there is a lader on the north east corner of the hangar.
You CAN jump. At the expense of some physical and maybe first aid or two. But try and find a way down that isn't in sight of everyone else.

Hopefully next turn, if stealth isn't broken or otherwise--we'll have time to scout everything, or man an AA gun and use it as an anti-infantry emplacement. Those are tiny grenades they're firing! D:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 228