Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468893 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Economy Class
« Reply #525 on: July 15, 2017, 03:41:26 pm »

Joe Goes for the hills,wondering if Ed will come out fine

Spoiler: Joe Polnik (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #526 on: July 15, 2017, 07:04:46 pm »

Get my parachute bundled up before it gives me away! Cut it loose if it threatens to pull me off the building.

Edit #2: I don't want to get rid of my parachute if i can avoid it, since I might need the strings to get me down off the roof. Only cut it away if necessary.
Also, once that is done, if i have any action time left, observe the movement of the people below, discreetly.

Edit: Can you mark the AA guns for me? Are they the 2x2 squares?

P.S. I am fully aware that I have no radio or other means of communication with the team.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 11:53:40 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2017, 09:49:12 pm »

Get my parachute bundled up before it gives me away! Cut it loose if it threatens to pull me off the building.

Edit: Can you mark the AA guns for me? Are they the 2x2 squares?

P.S. I am fully aware that I have no radio or other means of communication with the team.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
2x2 squares are the AA guns, yes.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Rube Goldberg Invasion
« Reply #528 on: July 15, 2017, 10:36:24 pm »

Piecewise, thank you for your mercy. I am now scared of what will happen in the future.

Taking a brief moment for self-assessment, Charlie hides his chute in the underbrush and surreptitiously looking around, avoids the beginnings of a small forest fire by circling the base in a counterclockwise direction, towards the river.

Check self/surroundings, hide chute, and sneak to the bank of the river NE from current pos., keeping an eye out for any sign of friend or foe.

Note: It seems unclear which side of the river Simon and Yarick are on.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 15, 2017, 11:38:41 pm »

Grab Simon and start camouflaging us both New action bellow 

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 07:09:16 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2017, 02:57:54 am »

Radio that we're moving with the operation.
Move with Alice forward, to a better position that's nearer to the base.

If possible, camouflage ourselves. But priority goes to tending to any wounded I meet along the way (Prioritizing better aid kits and rations to heal off stats)

"Thanks Alice; seen anyone else? That separated us badly; there were people back on the plane before I jumped. Let's proceed."
Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

((I'll put 'aside' paragraphs at the bottom of my post as that seems best to remove partsErr, it seems like those squares represent a large swath of land that we can easily cover, and/or that airbase is pretty small (or at least the good size of usual airbases, meaning one main runway and just a few other portions) that someone could go over and free me. Yay!
You are freed by Alice and immediately get on your radio. Now, something I don't think people have understood is that literally no one except you has a radio. You can't contact them because they don't have a radio
Sorry, I was assuming x.x Thanks for clarifying this. Also I'm thankful for having been found :3 I wasn't complaining if it was something, too. It's more that I forgot the format of radio protocol in small squads as ours, and only my mistake.

I also do, doubly hope, that if ever someone gets in the base, they can attune any radio to the frequency I'm on and we can communicate that way, as I guess given this distance, it's best to sniper support.

Unless the dark green isn't the highest elevation on the map that easily sees the base.
Also I removed a -1 to my Physical as it seems I mistakenly copied that from previous posts and only saw the mistake now.

Our first casualty, to note. :<

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 16, 2017, 05:11:19 am »

Simon watches, disbelieving, as the tank hunter who landed near him breaks his own concealment and rushes over to Simon in order to add to his already flawless disguise.

Understandably, Simon slaps the man upside the head as soon as he gets close enough.  Then he holds his finger to his lips and points to the base just to their north.  He offers his spare pistol to the man and then start creeping over towards the base.

Slap Yarrick hard if he gets within range.  Then give him the C96, and carefully crawl to the edge of the river bank.  Examine the base through binoculars; are people watching for enemies on this side?  Or have they realized that the true danger is to the north?

Edit: Also, do I get glory for (maybe) saving Oz by throwing him out of the plane?

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2017, 05:54:43 am »

Psssst. Hey KillerHellHound ... Yarrick and Simon are already pretty well camouflaged:

Simon lands to the south of the base, right on the river bed. He immediately rolls himself in the mud and bundles his parachute up. He throws the chute in the river, which is flowing southward, away from the base, and settles down, prone, into the mud. A man with a flashlight standing 10 feet away would have a problem finding Simon. 

Yarrick manages to throw himself from the plane at the last moment [Camo:5] and drifts down almost directly next to Simon.  He crumples his parachute and stuffs it into the river mud before joining Simon

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 16, 2017, 06:18:51 am »

Move to Joe Nix's position, then silently sneak towards the base.

((Sorry for not posting, I thought this game got abandoned for a while...))

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 16, 2017, 06:44:50 am »

Unless the dark green isn't the highest elevation on the map that easily sees the base.
Light green is the ridge (the highest elevation). Dark green is lower.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 16, 2017, 07:13:27 am »

Crawl over to Simon and if he doesn't see anyone then start moving towards the base carefully pistol and knife ready

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 16, 2017, 11:41:11 am »

Get out of this damned tree.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #537 on: July 16, 2017, 11:43:53 am »

((Sorry for not posting, I thought this game got abandoned for a while...))

Nah, I always say if I'm quitting a game.  It's just SLOOOOW because of things and stuff. Life and what not.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 16, 2017, 12:25:49 pm »

Oi you, update that wall of remembrance you git.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #539 on: July 16, 2017, 01:03:47 pm »

OK.

Oh and Sy gets 20 glory for saving OZ's life.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 228