Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469187 times)

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2017, 07:41:23 am »

Well, Tiruin, I'm new and don't get any reqs (And I enjoy sniping....), so no radio from me. However, I'll work with you in pretty much any way that will benefit the mission.

Aside from, of course, lighting myself on fire and parachuting, screaming, into the enemy base to grab attention and make it look like the plane actually did go down and nobody's happy about it.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 29, 2017, 08:12:11 am »

Aside from, of course, lighting myself on fire and parachuting, screaming, into the enemy base to grab attention and make it look like the plane actually did go down and nobody's happy about it.
Damn well does anyone else want to volunteer for that role.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 29, 2017, 10:17:51 am »

Not me! If someone does though I'll heal them as soon as I touch down, so they will only have to scream until landing... Provided they survive of course, how much health penalty would landing while burning inflict?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 29, 2017, 10:19:58 am »

I mean, as long as you're wearing a Patented Fire-Almost-Proof-Suit, you'll still be mostly alive when you touch down. Just, whatever you do, don't burn so much that you light your parachute on fire. Just, simmer, as it were. Keep the open flaming and dying to a minimum, OK? Burning, complete anyway, alive means extra expenses as we have to genetically identify your remains. That's messy.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #379 on: June 29, 2017, 01:08:33 pm »

+1 to Rifles, requisition an M1 Garand and ammunition. The reason is so I have a weapon that is not total overkill.
Noticing a friendly face, Joan walks over and shoves an M1 Garand and its corresponding ammunition onto you.

"It was Joakim's. He was part of my team back on the landing. Take it, he'd have liked it to go to good hands."

((And then please reset your requisition to something else :P Use this rifle in the meantime; requisition a better rifle that's around the time period

Also nobody else going with a radio equipment? :P))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:10:14 pm by Tiruin »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 29, 2017, 01:10:54 pm »

((note that an non-req m1 won't regenerate ammo after a mission))
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 29, 2017, 01:38:46 pm »

The Sniper group (probably with me as the radio ops?) goes alongside a hill or somewhere that oversees the area, snipes the guards/traps the ground near them, and diverts attention or provides cover fire. That group moves to a point where we can rendezvous with whomever steals vehicles, else they provide a way back into the forests for future missions as a plan B.

We already have a diversion planned, in the form of a burning airplane and a forest fire. Sniping could draw attention back eastward when we want it westward.

Of course, used judiciously, it could save the infiltrators much trouble as well. But it's going to make noise, either way.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 29, 2017, 01:58:17 pm »

Might I suggest requisitioning a silencer apparatus of some kind?

If not, then spread snipers out at any good vantage points around the base, and have them take shots, if necessary, at anybody causing troubles. Basically, there should not be any sniper fire unless things go really pear-shaped really fast. Speaking of which, this is the 888th, for those of you who thought this was the bloody 101st Airborne or anything. So it's going to go horribly, loudly wrong.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 29, 2017, 02:02:14 pm »

So it will go wrong in the best possible way?

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2017, 02:05:59 pm »

Precisely!

Plan for the worst, get pleasantly surprised when it's the best! Or, at worst, suffer through it with a plan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:55 pm »

Might I suggest requisitioning a silencer apparatus of some kind?

If not, then spread snipers out at any good vantage points around the base, and have them take shots, if necessary, at anybody causing troubles. Basically, there should not be any sniper fire unless things go really pear-shaped really fast. Speaking of which, this is the 888th, for those of you who thought this was the bloody 101st Airborne or anything. So it's going to go horribly, loudly wrong.
There are no silencers for sniper rifles o_o THere are for rifles and submachineguns though! That one rifle I linked was one with a silencer and pretty much time-appropriate for our game.

The Sniper group (probably with me as the radio ops?) goes alongside a hill or somewhere that oversees the area, snipes the guards/traps the ground near them, and diverts attention or provides cover fire. That group moves to a point where we can rendezvous with whomever steals vehicles, else they provide a way back into the forests for future missions as a plan B.

We already have a diversion planned, in the form of a burning airplane and a forest fire. Sniping could draw attention back eastward when we want it westward.

Of course, used judiciously, it could save the infiltrators much trouble as well. But it's going to make noise, either way.
Point! :O I'll probably be tagging along then, armed with...something less.
But spreading out our snipers is a good thing--they'll never know where we're hitting them other than keeping glare out, or keeping in safety. Our only priority is to rendezvous with an exit strategy.

((note that an non-req m1 won't regenerate ammo after a mission))
She'll be requisitioning a rifle anyway for later on, so I'm giving Twin a rifle for now as part of my non-req loot. :3

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »

There may or may not be silencers in this era, but if you're a modern-day sniper you pretty much always have a silencer, unless you're like a Marine Scout Sniper covering your team in an active firefight (They can't hear you anyways over the rest of the gunfire)

But yeah, I was afraid that there were no silencers in this time period. So, guess we just camp out (Snipers, I mean) until the inevitable loud noises that signal the discovery of our "covert" team tell us it's time to start popping Stahlhelms. Again.

Going to just keep the suggestion fresh: Snipers need to spread out. We ought to have some form of timetable (Does that even have a place in a turn-based game?), at least in-character. If everything goes well, after X time snipers pull back to rendezvous.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2017, 04:27:12 pm »

If everything goes well, the snipers can pull back when the building starts exploding.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2017, 04:35:31 pm »

If everything goes well, the snipers can pull back when the building starts exploding.

I might just have to sig this. With the mention that this is a covert op and that things exploding is an automatic failure.

Not to mention there's a better-than-fifty-percent-chance that there are kidnapped children on the premises. Does exploding things strike you as a good plan?
Yes?

Thought so.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2017, 04:40:15 pm »

Did you read the briefing? Blowing the place up is literally part of the plan.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 228