Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468887 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Murdering Fastly
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2017, 07:22:41 am »

Cautiously move up and be all threatening.  Shoot any actual danger.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2017, 09:12:55 am »

"NO SUDDEN MOVES! NO SUDDEN MOVES," screams Zack to the surrendering Nazis in English.

Reload the shotgun, then take the aim at the nazis for an intimidation effect.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

((A question: Does "Camouflage" skill affects only disguise, stealthy action, or both of these things?))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2017, 06:53:55 pm »

As the firing suddenly stopped, Bob hopped out of the trench, and dashed forward to the bunker, slinging is BAR over his back to temporarily use the MP 34. As he arrived, he kept the gun leveled at the germans in the bunker.
"Guns on the ground! Now! Mettez vos armes sur le sol!"

Run up to the Germans, gun leveled, and tell them to surrender in both English and French.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"NO SUDDEN MOVES! NO SUDDEN MOVES," screams Zack to the surrendering Nazis in English.

Reload the shotgun, then take the aim at the nazis for an intimidation effect.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

((A question: Does "Camouflage" skill affects only disguise, stealthy action, or both of these things?))
Comunicate that the gentlemen in the bunker ought to drop their weapons and get on the ground.
((croc: It can be used for a lot of stealth, really))

Zack and Barak, with Bob in tow a few moments later, shout at the germans to drop their weapons. Its hard to say how much they understand of what is being yelled at them, but they do drop their weapons. Except for the unconcious guy; he still has his hand sort of awkwardly caught in the grip of the machine gun.

Stay watchful, shoot if any nazi appears and makes an attack.  Otherwise, allow my allies to capture the bunker.

You hang back and let the others do the heavy lifting.

Squad 3:

Make way to bunker.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

You get up and walk to the bunker. You're a bit unsteady on your feet but its easier now that no one is shooting at you.

Joan: Get up on high ground and check the surrounding area with binoculars or scope.

Jersey: Take binoculars and help survey, if the scope can also be used for that--if the binoculars are used anyway, get to checking on our wounded, or allied wounded for stabilization.

"People yelling; we've won. Let's move up, survey the surroundings. Secure the area for the rest of the troops, and recover the fallen."

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Joan: You move up and look around. The place is littered with bodies, mostly on the east side. Some allied, some enemy. None of your teammates though; any of those corpses are still down on the beach.   You suddenly remember that Faith was the only one with a radio and that someone should probably grab it and inform the commander about this victory.

Reload with a HEAT round and move to watch the road for a counter attack

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You reload a round and then sit up on the edge of your trench, waiting for a counter attack that, so far, isn't coming.

Cautiously move up and be all threatening.  Shoot any actual danger.

You move up near the bunker and try to look as mean as possible.

The allies swarm in after Zack, Bob and Barak. Some cheer, some seem sick about all the carnage, others just grab the surrendering germans and drag them outside, including the unconcious one. The day is won!

Now someone just has to signal the commander.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2017, 07:14:59 pm »

Wave hand at the commander!  Despite him being offshore.  Or in England.  Or whatever.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2017, 07:20:35 pm »

Sigh. Someone go find Faith's corpse.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2017, 07:21:29 pm »

Take a quick nap, get back to 100%.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2017, 08:01:38 pm »

Head around and offer medical to anyone who needs it.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2017, 03:34:30 am »

Loot the corpses for shotgun shells and undamaged grenades.
Ask someone for a small medical help.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2017, 04:07:22 am »

"Establish a safe perimeter, everyone, and patch up the wounded. We're going for some debriefing soon. I'll contact the commander."

Joan: Inform commander of victory. Reload. Take a nice bite from some nice rations.

Jersey: Guard Joan (while securing the dead or first-aid'ing anyone who needs it.)

Egan_BW: Prepare new sheet for next mission :P

« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:52:34 am by Tiruin »

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:57 am »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 09:45:08 am by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 21, 2017, 05:07:50 am »

Take a rest patch up my shrapnel wounds with my first aid kit

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 21, 2017, 07:40:27 am »

Reload my sniper rifle, then haul my loot over to my allies.  Wonder what the harm is for the Gewehr 43.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 21, 2017, 08:21:11 am »

Search through German corpses in the area for medical supplies, interesting weapons, and other stuff that catches the eye. (more radios? regular tools?). Mention to Jersey that a mall bit of medical attention would be nice, but not a priority.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #328 on: June 24, 2017, 01:05:25 pm »

Wave hand at the commander!  Despite him being offshore.  Or in England.  Or whatever.

"Establish a safe perimeter, everyone, and patch up the wounded. We're going for some debriefing soon. I'll contact the commander."

Joan: Inform commander of victory. Reload. Take a nice bite from some nice rations.

Jersey: Guard Joan (while securing the dead or first-aid'ing anyone who needs it.)

Egan_BW: Prepare new sheet for next mission :P

Alright, We're gonna call the Commander signaled.

Loot the corpses for shotgun shells and undamaged grenades.
Ask someone for a small medical help.

Spoiler: Zack Krokowicz (click to show/hide)
You find 2 grenades but here's the thing: The germans didn't use shotguns in WWII.

Reload my sniper rifle, then haul my loot over to my allies.  Wonder what the harm is for the Gewehr 43.

Its 3.

Search through German corpses in the area for medical supplies, interesting weapons, and other stuff that catches the eye. (more radios? regular tools?). Mention to Jersey that a mall bit of medical attention would be nice, but not a priority.

You find:
1 first aid kit
1 trench knife
1 radio (Broken)
3 german medals
1 strange medallion.

ALRIGHT! I don't post enough to let us fuck around with too much hanging out. This mission is done and we'll assume that everyone still alive has been scrapped up and returned to the troop carrier. The allies have landed; we have a foot hold. Time to wait for the next call. It will come come soon.

As of right now, consider all the gear in your starting packs replenished, and all your stats reset to full.

If anyone wants to join, like
Here, then now is the time. I'll have a new mission briefing up for you soon.

Does anyone here have pilot skills by the way?

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #329 on: June 24, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »

Winston has a +1 in planes, if that's the skill you mean.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 228