Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468565 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Murdering Fastly
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2017, 09:14:28 am »

Also head into the empty bunker.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2017, 09:21:37 am »

Zack's leg injury doesn't stop him from being mad. He tries to go from "batshit insane" to just "severely insane"...

Squad 3
Try to become less crazy. If that succeeds, loot three nearest dead Nazis for grenades and throw one of those in the northwest direction, in the Nazi trenches. If not, turn berserk (Zack gets +2 to life and +1 bonus to hand-to-hand combat, but can only attack in melee) and start to clean the second trench from the Nazis by ripping and tearing through them!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2017, 09:39:22 pm »

Boat 1
Not what I had in mind, but I like it; let's roll with it.

Continue climbing up; any enemies in there get the SMG.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
You drag yourself all the way up into the bunker and flop down through the opening. You land on your back amidst the myrid bodies and bits of gore and get up. You see Yarrick hanging around near the door, peeking around the corners and ducking back in every few seconds.

Boat 2
Eat a ration. You aren't you when you're hungry.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You eat your ration and gain back 1 PHYSICAL. Not life, PHYSICAL.

Take a couple shots at some of the retreating forces, since they don't seem to be shooting back at anyone now.

((you're pretty lucky considering you tanked that grenade without being killed or knocked out.))

You take 3 shots, and manage to hit with 2 of them. However, only one of them seems to hit squarely; the other seems to just glance the man. He falls and then then scrambles back up and keeps running.

Also head into the empty bunker.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Move up to the empty bunker and drop Jersey off inside of it.

Darlington and Winston sprint up into the bunker, both of them miraculously avoiding getting caught up in the barbed wire on the way.

Boat 3
"Haha! Take that, you Nazi scum...Agh!" Bob had squirmed a bit too much, and barbed wire is not pleasant to squirm in.

Bob attempts to extricate himself from wire, then reload the BAR.

[4] You manage to pull yourself from the wire and then just kind of sit down right on the open green field and reload.

Zack's leg injury doesn't stop him from being mad. He tries to go from "batshit insane" to just "severely insane"...

Squad 3
Try to become less crazy. If that succeeds, loot three nearest dead Nazis for grenades and throw one of those in the northwest direction, in the Nazi trenches. If not, turn berserk (Zack gets +2 to life and +1 bonus to hand-to-hand combat, but can only attack in melee) and start to clean the second trench from the Nazis by ripping and tearing through them!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

[6] You regain your sanity...but doing so causes you to be frozen and confused for the turn, utterly dumbstruck and bemused about how you reached this location, surrounded by corpses and mildly shot.

Squad 3

"Thanks. Let's keep moving."

Stay low, move forward to Yarrick's position.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

You join literally almost everyone else in that damn bunker. Maybe now that you're all in one place and your allies are doing a ton of work, you and your surviving friends can form a plan.

Zack meets with the allies that are coming in from the right; well rather he stands around in the trench as two of them barrel round the corner, see him, almost shoot him, and then realize he's not a nazi. Probably because he's standing over two nazis and is literally covered in their blood.

Man, I'm curious to see what happens with the next mission where its less "RUN AND MURDER" and more"Think and MURDER"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 08, 2017, 09:54:33 pm »

Run into the left Trench and fire my HE round at the command center door

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 09:59:16 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 08, 2017, 11:52:58 pm »

Squad 3:

"So...anyone got a plan? Cause we still got a few trenches to cross. We need somebody to give us some cover fire. That way those bastards don't fill the people running in with lead."

Use Ration.

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #275 on: June 09, 2017, 12:37:40 am »

Knife out, start crawling towards the trenches.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 09, 2017, 12:46:00 am »

Squad 3:

"So...anyone got a plan? Cause we still got a few trenches to cross. We need somebody to give us some cover fire. That way those bastards don't fill the people running in with lead."

Use Ration.

"I'm just going to explode the shit out that building they are falling back to. Anyone got a better idea?"
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 09, 2017, 12:53:06 am »

"If you can keep em pinned down, we've got em by the balls. All that's left is just to move up."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 09, 2017, 01:15:16 am »

((I had a question here about the map but...from the beach bunkers onwards, it's an uphill battle right?))

I'll also be posting for Gentlefish since Jersey is now up and kicking. still unconscious as ever :(

9 new replies...
UGH just realized this didn't go through -_- Could I retroactively act as 'first aid @ Jersey'? in that past turn? (By joining up with them or something)

Get up to a good position, lie prone; beware incoming mortar fire.

Binoculars out to update positions and get a better idea on who is where, and also to possibly get an aim bonus as I ready my sniper rifle (or whichever is better at this range)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 09, 2017, 05:16:40 am »

"I'll stick around here and give some cover. Anyone got one of them rocket rifles to shoot the main bunker with?" Bob lay down in the grass, aiming his rifle out over the trenches to shoot any head that appeared.

Bob lays down cover fire, if Nazi heads are seen in the trench.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #280 on: June 10, 2017, 11:05:04 am »

Jack shrugged.  "I support any plan that involves blowing these guys up.  Sounds good, let's do it."

Covering fire for explosions.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 10, 2017, 08:01:46 pm »

What can I say?  Keep shooting fleeing nazis.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #282 on: June 11, 2017, 11:11:52 am »

"Evening Joan, seems like you need a spotter."

Stick with Joan and offer to act as her spotter.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #283 on: June 11, 2017, 02:40:05 pm »

Boat 1
Jack shrugged.  "I support any plan that involves blowing these guys up.  Sounds good, let's do it."

Covering fire for explosions.

You poke your gun out the door and start firing. You only aim in the vague direction of the enemies; not trying to hit anything, just trying to make them duck for cover. [6] You use up your entire magazine, but it effectively surpresses the enemy.

Boat 2
Knife out, start crawling towards the trenches.
[2]
You whip out your knife and crawl towards the trench...unfortunately crawling is quite a slow process so you don't reach it.

What can I say?  Keep shooting fleeing nazis.

You fire your remaining two rounds. [3,4] One shot whizzes past its target by a fraction of an inch while the second catches the man you injured last round and finally puts him down.

"Evening Joan, seems like you need a spotter."

Stick with Joan and offer to act as her spotter.

((I had a question here about the map but...from the beach bunkers onwards, it's an uphill battle right?))

I'll also be posting for Gentlefish since Jersey is now up and kicking. still unconscious as ever :(

9 new replies...
UGH just realized this didn't go through -_- Could I retroactively act as 'first aid @ Jersey'? in that past turn? (By joining up with them or something)

Get up to a good position, lie prone; beware incoming mortar fire.

Binoculars out to update positions and get a better idea on who is where, and also to possibly get an aim bonus as I ready my sniper rifle (or whichever is better at this range)

Spoiler: Joan Macaraeg//Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Because of darlington and Joan's actions, I'm gonna assume Joan runs her way up to the bunker.  Now, joan's job of scanning around is surprisingly easy because basically every single one of you guys is crammed into this bunker. In fact, you're so crammed in that its amazing no one has fired a rocket or thrown a grenade and wiped you all out. Good thing the nazi's are in retreat.

We can assume that from her position Joan can see all the people up on this grassy area and how things are working out. ((Just apply first aid to jersey now, since you're in the same building))

Boat 3
"I'll stick around here and give some cover. Anyone got one of them rocket rifles to shoot the main bunker with?" Bob lay down in the grass, aiming his rifle out over the trenches to shoot any head that appeared.

Bob lays down cover fire, if Nazi heads are seen in the trench.

No nazi's left in the trenches, they're all heading for the bunker. And Jack seems to be laying down a good spray of covering fire already, so you just roll with it.

Run into the left Trench and fire my HE round at the command center door

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

You run from the bunker over to the left trench and take aim at the main bunker. The thing has a big steel door that has, very stupidly, been built on the front, and is open right now as people flee into it. You aim to fire directly into it, so that the round explodes inside the bunker. [2]

The round flies straight over the bunker and off into the distance, exploding somewhere far beyond.

Squad 3:

Use Ration.

You eat a ration and talk to the soldiers. (+2 physical)

"We're gonna run up beside it and blow the wall with a satchel charge!" the soldier shouts before hoisting himself up out of the trench and continuing towards the bunker.  As he and the rest of the remaining allies run in, the main bunker erupts with machinegun fire, heavy guns spraying bullets at the closest advancing allies and, sporatically, back at the rest of the team.

Bob gets clipped [-1 life] but everyone else manages to survive without injury for the moment.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #284 on: June 11, 2017, 02:58:54 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 228