Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468901 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #195 on: May 22, 2017, 05:03:50 pm »

((I remove my first aid kit from inventory since I used it up, right?))

Squad 3

Stay where I am, low and in cover, try and recuperate.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:16:52 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 22, 2017, 05:07:50 pm »

Let's try that again. Forward! Take cover if I get shot at.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:58 pm »

Move up to the hedgehog closest to Barak.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:46:58 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #198 on: May 22, 2017, 10:23:24 pm »

CHAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE into that hole that the mortar created in the barbed wire and blow up the other piece of barbed wire that's blocking the passage with an impact grenade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 23, 2017, 01:27:01 am »

(Squad 1)

Run forward. What ya want me to say here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2017, 01:33:09 am »

(Squad 3)

"I FEEL ALIVE!" Said Zack to Joe after he healed his ankle. "NOW IT'S TIME TO KILL THOSE BASTARDS! HAHAHAHA!" Screamed and laughed Zack before he ran to the hedgehog in the front of him.

RUN TO THE FARTHEST HEDGEHOD!
IF I SEE SOME NAZI SCUM, FIRE AT WILL!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2017, 03:09:00 am »

Squad 2
((Thanks a ton for the info, piece c:
Also goodness gracious our Signaler and Commander are both away or not posting! D:))

Ensure I am protected by indirect mortar fire, and reload. Take aim to snipe that Bunker 1, for covering fire!
If I can score a kill, go for it.

Try to not die please.
((Name: Barak Johnston[...]))

"I'll cover the advance, save him!"

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 09:14:26 am by Tiruin »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 23, 2017, 09:02:28 am »

((Egan's posting, Tir.  I think the "commander" missing is really not that important, since commander is just a class that gets a single artillery drop, and not an actual leader.  Also, seeing as Barak is the furthest ahead, and you're in the rear, I don't think you'll be reaching him.  I'm closer, so I'll try.))

Run straight to Barack, grab his body, and throw both of us into a crater.  If it isn't possible to get all the way to him this turn, dive into the crater that he was launched from instead.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2017, 09:10:56 am »

((Egan's posting, Tir.  I think the "commander" missing is really not that important, since commander is just a class that gets a single artillery drop, and not an actual leader.  Also, seeing as Barak is the furthest ahead, and you're in the rear, I don't think you'll be reaching him.  I'm closer, so I'll try.))
((I mean the other one with radio equipment :P I noted Faith down as a medic, so my oops is there!
I'll shift mine to sniping then. I can't load the map due to my horrible internet, but I can dedicatedly post, and I'll see this game through or die trying :3 Because nothing can stop my activity now!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2017, 11:17:48 am »

Turn is beginning. You know the drill.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2017, 03:51:18 pm »

charge up and drag barrack to cover, then try to patch him up..
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2017, 11:31:59 pm »

You're lucky I got completely sidetracked by life. Turn tomorrow because I have to get up at 4:30 AM to drive my dad to get a chemo-port put in.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 26, 2017, 06:38:58 am »

You're lucky I got completely sidetracked by life. Turn tomorrow because I have to get up at 4:30 AM to drive my dad to get a chemo-port put in.
Hope everything turns out alright. RL can be a bitch
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #208 on: May 26, 2017, 02:03:40 pm »

Boat 1
Move northeast to that mortar crater that makes a hole in the barbed wire.  Double time!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
[6] You sprint across the beach, making it all the way to the crater just before the ramp up to the second part of the beach. You dive into the crater and cover your head, hoping not to be shot or bombed before you can make good your next advance. You spit out some sand and cover your head.

(Squad 1)

Run forward. What ya want me to say here.

Faith sprints forward [2] but her injury is slowing her down significantly. She only manages to make it up to Zack and Joe's barricade.

charge up and drag barrack to cover, then try to patch him up..
[2] Gus runs for his injured teammate but gets caught out in the middle.

Boat 2
Try to not die please.
Well, you're not dead, but you're also completely freaking unconcious and very injured. You'll regain enough physical to wake up after a bit, but you'll still be damn gimped. Also, you really should update your sheet.

Run straight to Barack, grab his body, and throw both of us into a crater.  If it isn't possible to get all the way to him this turn, dive into the crater that he was launched from instead.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Heck of a run, Lets see if you make it. [1]
Simon takes a deep breath, then closes his eyes and sprints forward...or what he thinks is forward. In reality he runs far off to the left and finds himself exposed and basically standing right  in front of bunker 1.

Let's try that again. Forward! Take cover if I get shot at.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[1] Really?

You run up the wall of the crater again, reach the top, slip and fall straight back in. [6] You land hard and heavy but luckily do not hurt yourself.

Move up to the hedgehog closest to Barak.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
[1] Jesus. Is this die weighted or something?
Darlington jumps out of the hole and runs straight into the barbed wire. [1!] Where he immediately gets cut up, taking -1 Life damage.

Squad 2
((Thanks a ton for the info, piece c:
Also goodness gracious our Signaler and Commander are both away or not posting! D:))

Ensure I am protected by indirect mortar fire, and reload. Take aim to snipe that Bunker 1, for covering fire!
If I can score a kill, go for it.

Try to not die please.
((Name: Barak Johnston[...]))

"I'll cover the advance, save him!"

Joan reloads her rifle and then takes another shot at bunker 1. The sequence of events is quite fast. Joan pops up enough to take a shot, lines up her sights and fires as the man on the machine gun fires back. She sees the small hole appear in his chest and the blood splatter against the bunker wall even as a bullet catches her in the shoulder and spins her backwards into the hole. [-2 life]

Boat 3
"Haha! Wah-hah-hah-HAH!!!!!" For a moment, Bob was consumed with the feeling of power that came from this beautiful gun. And then he ran out of ammo. "Damn it!!!"

Bob reloads his BAR with another magazine, and charges forward to the hedgehog behind which Simon is sheltering.

Bob reloads his rifle and [5] sprints up to the next hedgehog.

Fire the heat rocket at the bunker on the left aim for the open slit

If I hit
The bunkers are down CHARGE!!
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

[4]
You shoulder the recoilless rifle and line up the shot on the first bunker. You place the crosshairs on the opening slit and fire. The round screams in right through the slit and detonates somewhere inside. The sound is strangely muffled and distorted  but the bunker's open face leaks smoke and fire. There's a damn good chance that either everyone in there is dead, or very near to it.

CHAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE into that hole that the mortar created in the barbed wire and blow up the other piece of barbed wire that's blocking the passage with an impact grenade.

[1-1] You pull out an impact grenade as you call them and sprint out of behind the hedgehog. You make it about 10 feet before you trip. [1-1!] You face plant, landing directly on top of your own grenade. [6][1] The mine, because of the way it is angled, pointed down at the ground, hurts you only slightly as it detonates. The satchel charge however, deals a straight -9 life to you and activates the other impact grenade you're carrying.  After that you and your gear are reduced to a fine red and gray mist.

(Squad 3)

"I FEEL ALIVE!" Said Zack to Joe after he healed his ankle. "NOW IT'S TIME TO KILL THOSE BASTARDS! HAHAHAHA!" Screamed and laughed Zack before he ran to the hedgehog in the front of him.

RUN TO THE FARTHEST HEDGEHOD!
IF I SEE SOME NAZI SCUM, FIRE AT WILL!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

Zack runs up and stops next to the hedgehog near Barak.

((I remove my first aid kit from inventory since I used it up, right?))

Squad 3

Stay where I am, low and in cover, try and recuperate.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

You sit with your back against the hedgehog and try to catch your breath. You think if you have maybe just a few more minutes here, you might be able to recover a bit.

There's no machinegun fire this turn, though two bunkers still remain technically active. Up on the ridge, past the bunkers and over where the trenches are, on the right side, everyone can hear gunfire. Faith's radio announces that the commander has a message.

Two mortar rounds come in. One misses everyone entirely, the other lands dead on Joe Nix and Faith. Faith is sprayed down with shrapnel and slumps over dead, while Joe is thrown clear over the hedgehog and knocked unconcious. [-3 life, -6 physical]

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 26, 2017, 02:22:36 pm »

Would it even be possible to climb up into one of the bunkers, oe are they elevated and sheer?  If it is possible, run to Bunker one, and try to remove or bypass a section of wire with the entrenching tool.  If it is not possible, welp, head back toward Bunker 2 and the path up.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 228