Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468707 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2017, 05:42:15 pm »

(Squad 1)

Charge, dammit!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2017, 08:16:06 pm »

Get free, preferably on the north side of the fence, and sprint as far north as possible.  Try not to be too close to other people.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2017, 10:26:43 pm »

Squad 2

Take my whole action to snipe at Bunker 1's MG crew. (And get in that mortar hole if it's a better position).
If possible, salvage what I can from Joakim--especially his dogtags.

((Finally understood the Life stuff--armor and other protection items are area-specific.))

Piece; is it possible to reload and keep the spent magazine(?) that still has ammo in it?

Joan recovered from the shock, feeling like the wind was punched out of her by a literal fist of air, and turned to check on her allies--feeling her chest gain a painful knot as she saw Joakim.

She took a breath as she crawled near him, grabbed his dog tags, and noticed Darlington. Feeling a rather lack of orders from any superiors around, she tried giving them herself.

"We need to move! Leftmost bunker! (Bunker 1) Provide suppressing fire on their position, anyone! There's also a spotter marking our location, the rounds are getting more precise!"

She looked at Darlington, "Joakim is gone. Get his supplies, I'll be aiming for the bunker."

« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:57:14 pm by Tiruin »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »

Move to the next hedgehog, straight ahead.  Keep head down.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2017, 12:07:23 am »

Zack screams in pain after an unfortunate stunt. "NIX, HELP ME!" Screamed Zack.

ASK JOE NIX TO FIX MY LEG. IF HE'LL IGNORE ME, TRY TO FIX THE LEG BY MYSELF.
IF THE LEG IS SUCCESSFULLY HEALED, RUN TOWARDS THAT HEDGEHOG I TOLD ABOUT IN MY PREVIOUS ACTION, THEN TAKE COVER!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just saw that my "bold text" tag was broken a little bit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:37:58 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2017, 02:49:58 am »

((Changing Turn, will delete what I previously wrote.))

Go help Zack, use first aid pouch.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2017, 03:08:47 am »

Reload my rocket launcher with a HEAT round

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2017, 12:23:17 pm »

]
fire my pistol towards the bunker as help Faith up and charge..
[/quote]
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »

"Righto!"

Grab what's left of Joakim corpse and take both of his grenades.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #189 on: May 22, 2017, 12:50:53 pm »

Boat 1
Move to the next hedgehog, straight ahead.  Keep head down.

[4] Jack Sprints straight ahead and joins Ivan and Joe at the hedgehog.

Gentlefish Remains abscent.

(Squad 1)

Charge, dammit!

]
fire my pistol towards the bunker as help Faith up and charge..
Faith and Gus struggle up and Gus fires his pistol towards bunker 3 as the two of them run. [6] He empties his pistol at the bunker and manages to throw enough lead into the opening to suppress any fire coming from it.  Together Gus and Faith make it to the hedgehog, which is rapidly becoming too crowded to let anyone take cover there.

Boat 2
Seeing as the bunkers aren't firing anymore, Barak continues up to the ramp at a more leisurely pace.
I don't know why you think they're not firing anymore, they just missed everyone- including you- last turn out of sheer luck. So instead of just having you stroll there, I'm gonna have you continue running to cover. Since your character would realize people are still getting shot at.
[2] Or maybe not.  Maybe you do just start casually walking there.

Get free, preferably on the north side of the fence, and sprint as far north as possible.  Try not to be too close to other people.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
[5] Simon wriggles free from the barbed wire and then sprints north. [4] He makes it up to the next hedgehog with a little difficulty.

Charge forward, towards the bunker at front that's gone silent. Want to get out of the mortar's killzone.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
[1] Winston stands up, runs for the edge of the crater, immediately slips and falls back in.

"Righto!"

Grab what's left of Joakim corpse and take both of his grenades.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
Darlington runs back  and dives into the crater, covered by both the hole and the hedgehog. While he sits there, covered in gore, blood and sand sticking to his face, he searches through whats left of Joakim's corpse and grabs Joakim's two grenades.

Squad 2

Take my whole action to snipe at Bunker 1's MG crew. (And get in that mortar hole if it's a better position).
If possible, salvage what I can from Joakim--especially his dogtags.

((Finally understood the Life stuff--armor and other protection items are area-specific.))

Piece; is it possible to reload and keep the spent magazine(?) that still has ammo in it?

Joan recovered from the shock, feeling like the wind was punched out of her by a literal fist of air, and turned to check on her allies--feeling her chest gain a painful knot as she saw Joakim.

She took a breath as she crawled near him, grabbed his dog tags, and noticed Darlington. Feeling a rather lack of orders from any superiors around, she tried giving them herself.

"We need to move! Leftmost bunker! (Bunker 1) Provide suppressing fire on their position, anyone! There's also a spotter marking our location, the rounds are getting more precise!"

She looked at Darlington, "Joakim is gone. Get his supplies, I'll be aiming for the bunker."

Joan dives back into the hole and takes a shot at bunker 1. [3vs2] Apparently someone in bunker 1 sees Joan taking aim at them and opens fire at the same time she does. Joan, manages only to squeeze off a single shot before she has to duck down under the spray of machinegun fire. She doesn't think she hit, but she did spook the shooter because the maginegun fire stops a moment later.

While she's down in the hole, she takes a moment to grab Joakim's dog tags. She also finds the following:
First Aid Pouch (Allows First Aid)
Entrenching Tool (A folding shovel)
M1 Garand (8 shot, Risk 3)
3 M1 round clips
Bayonet (risk 3)

((Ie spend half a magazine and then swap it out for another, leaving you with a magazine that only has half the normal number of rounds? Yeah, sure. Just make sure to track that. Also, it won't work for every gun. M1 Garand, for instance. You can see how it is loaded here:
https://a.pomf.cat/qkbqzp.webm
As you can see it uses a clip rather than a magazine, so you'd have to cycle the mechanism several times to eject the shells and then manually reload them back into a clip.

Boat 3
"You can bet I'm not going out like that. Just a lousy way to die." Bob grumbled, fixing his sights on bunker three.

Alright :) Bob attempts to shoot the gunner in bunker 3 with a 6 round burst from the BAR.

[6] Bob points his BAR at the third bunker. He intends to just fire a few rounds but as soon as he holds the trigger down and feels the rifle's impressive recoil, he gets caught up in the moment and just keeps firing. He expends the whole magazine on the third bunker, mowing down both machine gunners.  Now all they have left are untrained gunners to take over the heavy machine guns and any individual soldiers who can try to hold out with their rifles.

Reload my rocket launcher with a HEAT round

Yarrick sits down and reloads his recoilless rifle, slotting in a HEAT round this time. 

Athath is abscent

Zack screams in pain after an unfortunate stunt. "NIX, HELP ME!" Screamed Zack.

ASK JOE NIX TO FIX MY LEG. IF HE'LL IGNORE ME, TRY TO FIX THE LEG BY MYSELF.
IF THE LEG IS SUCCESSFULLY HEALED, RUN TOWARDS THAT HEDGEHOG I TOLD ABOUT IN MY PREVIOUS ACTION, THEN TAKE COVER!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Just saw that my "bold text" tag was broken a little bit.
Hey, You're not at +1 life anymore are you? You're at -1.
((Changing Turn, will delete what I previously wrote.))

Go help Zack, use first aid pouch.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

[6] Joe runs over to Zack, hoists him up onto his shoulders, and proceeds to heroically carry him  all the way to another Hedgehog before then splinting his broken ankle. [+1 life to Zack]. [1] The entire effort is extremely impressive but leaves Joe quite tired. [-2 physical]

There's only 1 person not in cover and thats Barack.  Bunker 1 is partially suppressed by Joan so they only get one shot off at him. [3v3] He manages not to get hit, despite being just casually walking toward the ramp. Bunker 2 is smoked and blind still, and Bunker 3 is still trying to rally after their gunners were killed.

Three mortar rounds come in from the trenches. One misses utterly and actually blows open some of the barbed wire blocking the way up the ramp. One Lands dangerously close to Ivan, Jack, Faith and Gus, but they're just outside its range. The last lands dead on Barak. [4-1][1] The blast hurls him a dozen feet, breaking his legs, riddling his body with shrapnel and knocking him unconcious. He lands in the sand close to the dirt cliff supporting bunker 2, barely alive. [-4 life (total is -5 now)] and [-6 physical.]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #190 on: May 22, 2017, 12:53:46 pm »

MAP

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 22, 2017, 01:17:42 pm »

"Haha! Wah-hah-hah-HAH!!!!!" For a moment, Bob was consumed with the feeling of power that came from this beautiful gun. And then he ran out of ammo. "Damn it!!!"

Bob reloads his BAR with another magazine, and charges forward to the hedgehog behind which Simon is sheltering.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 22, 2017, 01:36:44 pm »

Try to not die please.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »

Move northeast to that mortar crater that makes a hole in the barbed wire.  Double time!

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 22, 2017, 04:51:53 pm »

Fire the heat rocket at the bunker on the left aim for the open slit

If I hit
The bunkers are down CHARGE!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 228