Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468987 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #165 on: May 18, 2017, 09:12:53 pm »

Split off from my position and sprint east, to the hole that was made, and run right on through.  Get as far as I can towards the path in the north.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #166 on: May 18, 2017, 09:32:25 pm »

Since most of the machine guns are disabled, CHAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE (through Faith's hole, if necessary).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2017, 10:01:29 pm »

Well shit. Leave the tool, chaaarge (through the hole already made if there's no similarly easy and closer way)

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2017, 10:09:35 pm »

(through Faith's hole, if necessary).
Oh dear.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2017, 12:39:08 am »

Follow Squad 3 forward, keep an eye out for precise enemy locations.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2017, 02:24:16 am »

"Perkele!"
Joakim lets out a furious stream of Finnish curses as he clutches his wound and hunkers down to avoid being shot.
Stay down and out of sight. Take the binoculars and keep an eye on the bunkers from cover.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:12:49 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2017, 03:14:16 am »

HOP OVER THE HEDGEHOG AND RUN LIKE A WIND TOWARDS THE HEDGEHOG TO THE FRONT AND SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST, THEN TAKE COVER!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2017, 10:46:43 am »

Patch up Faith and then help the charge.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #173 on: May 20, 2017, 10:40:08 am »

Hmmm lets see...13/15 remaining people have posted.

I'm gonna go do another game post. Hopefully our idles post by the time I'm done.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 20, 2017, 10:57:57 am »

Use my first aid pouch to fix up my wounds.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: May 20, 2017, 03:00:19 pm »

Boat 1
((Aaaand glad I moved.))

"Shit!  Shit shit!"

Cut out of this blasted wire!  Bang it with the entrenchment tool if need be!  Make it to that next hedgehog!

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
[6]
Jack pulls out his entrenching tool and uses it to free himself from the barbed wire. However, he loses his shovel in the process when it gets tangled in the loops of metal wire.  He doesn't bother to try and retrieve it and instead simply moves up to the same hedgehog that Faith and Gus are at.

Gentlefish is missing again. But he's also unconcious.

(Squad 1)

"Fuck!" Faith curses as bits of alan rain down on the squad. "Okay, we need to get moving! On three, okay?"

Attempt to convince the other two standing members of squad 1 to CHARGE! Charge with them, but not from the front. If they both fail to charge, stay hiding behind cover like the cowardly mouse I am.
And for jesus sake stay spread out and yell at everyone to stay spread out.

Patch up Faith and then help the charge.
Faith and Gus get to their feet and, supporting each other, charge forward. [3][1] They bet about halfway up to the next hedgehog when Faith stumbles and pulls them both down into the sand.

Boat 2
Get to the ramp up to the bunkers, I can rest for a bit there.

[2] Barak sprints for the ramp but fails to make it. Maybe the exertion of running all this way through sand is starting to slow him down.

Split off from my position and sprint east, to the hole that was made, and run right on through.  Get as far as I can towards the path in the north.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
[1]
Simon runs from cover and immediately pulls a Jack and falls straight into the barbed wire. He ends up tangled but unhurt.

Well shit. Leave the tool, chaaarge (through the hole already made if there's no similarly easy and closer way)

[5] Winston sprints away and makes it all the way around through the gap in the barbed wire and out into the empty beach beyond. Because he doesn't think he can make it to another hedgehog before the machine guns get him, he dives down into the craters created by the mortar rounds. 

"Perkele!"
Joakim lets out a furious stream of Finnish curses as he clutches his wound and hunkers down to avoid being shot.
Stay down and out of sight. Take the binoculars and keep an eye on the bunkers from cover.
You stay crouched behind your cover and keep an eye on the bunkers from cover. The smoked bunkers remain smoked, but unless someone keeps shooting at the bunker thats been shut down via cover fire, they're gonna  start shooting again.

Use my first aid pouch to fix up my wounds.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)

[6] You pull out your first aid pouch and patch yourself up a little bit. (+1 life)

Get to IamanElfCollaborator/Joakim's position. Get prone or whichever position is best to not get shot at.
Apply heals via first aid pouch (...not his, mine)

((Thanks Piece :D I'll also be keeping track of my ammunition so you don't have to!
Is it possible to reload and swap out the...um, magazines [I don't know the right term] and still keep the ammunition in them?
I'll move my action to the top so it's less of a hassle maybe.))

"Mortar rounds! Clear the area!" Joan shouted as she secured her equipment. "Keep moving, Squad 2! I'll cover the wounded."

(If I get to him safely, Joan says:)
"Scan the area, where can we all move? Use my binoculars."

You're already there next to Joakim, so you start getting to work on him. [4] You stitch him up as best you can and stop the bleeding (+1 life)

Boat 3
Since we have a lull in the machinegun fire, Bob runs forward and grabs his rifle, before moving to the hedgehog where Faith and Gus are sheltering. Attempt to shoot the gunner in bunker 3 with 6 rounds from the BAR.

[5] Bob runs and grabs his rifle before making it over to the hedgehog.

Start running forward ducking into cover when I can go no further

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

[6] You make it up to the Hedgehog with Jack and Bob, and manage to stave off the exhaustion from the run.

Since most of the machine guns are disabled, CHAAAAAAAARRRRGGGGEEEE (through Faith's hole, if necessary).

You don't think you'll make the jump over the barbed wire, so you make the run around to the hole Faith opened up. [6-1] You make it all the way up to the hedgehog, even making it past Faith and Gus.

HOP OVER THE HEDGEHOG AND RUN LIKE A WIND TOWARDS THE HEDGEHOG TO THE FRONT AND SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST, THEN TAKE COVER!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

[1][1] You attempt to vault the hedgehog, get your leg caught, and promptly break your ankle and tumble over into the sand in front of the hedgehog. [-2 life]

Follow Squad 3 forward, keep an eye out for precise enemy locations.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[6] [1] You sprint round and join Ivan, but tire yourself out a fair deal in the process [-1 physical]

Bunker 1, no longer held down by covering fire, begins firing again. [4][6]  Luckily for both Simon and Gus, their aim is terrible and neither of them are injured. Bunker 2 remains silent, its occupants either dead or too blind to shoot. Bunker 3 fires down on Zack and Barak [6][4-1] but they are terrible shots as well, thanks at least in part to the smoke covering the bunker's opening.  Two mortar rounds come in from somewhere behind the trenches as well. One misses everyone, doing little more than blowing appart some barbed wire up near Barak. The second, however, lands squarely atop squad 2: Joakim, Darlington and Joan. [2-1][6][6]. Darlington and Joan are only mildly injured (-1 life) but Joakim is literally blown in half. The surviving members of squad 2 end up thrown to the sides.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2017, 03:28:55 pm »

"You can bet I'm not going out like that. Just a lousy way to die." Bob grumbled, fixing his sights on bunker three.

Alright :) Bob attempts to shoot the gunner in bunker 3 with a 6 round burst from the BAR.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »

-deleted-
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 02:50:15 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »

Seeing as the bunkers aren't firing anymore, Barak continues up to the ramp at a more leisurely pace.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2017, 05:25:23 pm »

Charge forward, towards the bunker at front that's gone silent. Want to get out of the mortar's killzone.

[/quote]
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 228