Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468785 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:45 am »

Yarrick pops his head out and fires a WP at the right bunker then ducks behind the hedgehog

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2017, 05:29:14 am »

Forward! Advance to the Czech Hedgehog in front. Try to clear a way through the barbed wire with the entrenching tool

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2017, 05:38:10 am »

IF YARRICK SUCCEEDS ON HIS ROLL, RUN TOWARDS THE HEDGEHOG WHICH IS AHEAD OF ME, AND SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST, THEN TAKE COVER! IF HE FAILS, LAY DOWN ON THE GROUND FOR THE BETTER PROTECTION!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2017, 10:24:00 am »

Keep moving.  First northeast then north, using hedgehogs as best cover available.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2017, 12:01:19 pm »

start helping the wounded to whatever cover is available.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2017, 12:12:21 pm »

Provide cover fire and take a few shots at the gunners from cover.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:50 pm »

I've started doing the turn. If you make any modifications to your actions from this point on, announce them with a post or I won't see them.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2017, 05:05:04 pm »

Boat 1

Keep moving.  First northeast then north, using hedgehogs as best cover available.

[1] Jack gets up, intent on sprinting to the hedgehog near Faith and then further up the beach, but he stumbles as he stands and trips to the side, falling straight into the barbed wire. [6] He isn't hurt by the fall, none of the barbs pierce his skin, but they tangle into his clothing and hold him in place, exposed.

Gentlefish is missing. I'm autopiloting him toward cover. [4] He makes it to the nearest hedgehog.

(Squad 1)

((It's not ignoring cover if the only cover around is designed to not be cover. :P))
"aaaaaaaaaaa- AAAAAAAAAAAA"

Go prone, preferably behind "cover". Very quickly take a look around the battlefield and report the situation over the radio. While screaming in pain.

Faith drops to the ground and tries to crawl to the cover of the nearest hedgehog. [2] She struggles in the sand, leaving a trail of blood behind, but it all just shifts uselessly around her, giving her no purchase and no ability to move. She's about to give up and try to run when Gus sprints up beside her and grabs her by the straps of her radio backpack. He drags her into cover behind a hedgehog. Once in cover,  She pulls out the radio handset and reports the situation over the radio. Of course, that radio is to command, not to anyone else on the team. She reports that she cut the barbed wire along the central path and command recommends a hard charge through the opening towards the path up and off the beach.

start helping the wounded to whatever cover is available.
[5][4] Gus sprints up the beach, past the first hedgehog and over to Faith. He grabs her and drags her behind the nearest hedgehog.

Alan realizes that discretion is the better part of valor, and says absolutely nothing as he charges towards the nearest available piece of cover, before firing some hopefully suppresing fire at Bunker 1 using his M1 Garand.

[6][5] Alan makes it the rest of the way to the hedgehog. He pulls out his M1 and rests it on the center section of the hedgehog, using it as a bipod as he fires at the bunker 1. He expends 5 rounds, emptying over half his magazine, but the causes the machinegun operators in the bunker to duck for cover, silencing their attack for the moment.

Boat 2
Continue onward. Don't stop running.
((My Bad on the life, thought there wasn't a life down for some reason.))
[6][6]
Barak breaks with squad 2. He vaults over the barbed wire and sprints forward to the next Hedgehog. But he doesn't stop there. He keeps running, straight across the beach, as far as he possibly can. [3v3] He ignores the strain of the run and just keeps going. [4-1] A spray of machine gun fire from bunker 3 blows fist sized holes in the sand around him, but thanks to the obsuring smoke, none of the shots manage to hit him.

Boat 2

Are there any MGs in Bunker 2 still firing?  Shoot whoever's manning them.  If Bunker 2's silent due to the smoke and earlier sniper fire, take out a gun in 3.  Wonder whether I have two spare clips (12 rounds left), or two clips total (7 rounds left).

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
Bunker 1 and 2 are silent for the moment, so Simon takes aim at bunker 3. [5v5][5] He aligns the sights of his rifle on the man's head and as he presses his finger to the trigger the nazi machinegunner turns and sprays fire in his direction. He fires as a bullet whizzes past his head, but only just clips the machinegunner.

You have two clips spare.

Forward! Advance to the Czech Hedgehog in front. Try to clear a way through the barbed wire with the entrenching tool

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Winston makes it the rest of the way up to the hedgehog and then moves to the side, to try and cut through the barbed wire blocking the way. [1] He yanks out his entrenching tool and slams it down onto the barbed wire. He goes to pull it back for another chop but finds that it is totally tangled in the wire and stuck.

Provide cover fire and take a few shots at the gunners from cover.
The only bunker still actively firing is bunker 3, so Joakim takes his shots at them. [4v6][1] He pops up, out of cover, and aims a shot at the gunner on the left in the third bunker. But as he lines it up, a burst of machinegun fire blankets the area around him and a bullet tears straight through his shoulder. [-3 life. so -2 on life after helmet bonus is removed]. He falls back behind cover, clutching the wound.

Advance up with the rest of squad 2.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)

Squad 2 is hanging out in place, more or less. Except for Barak who is sprinting off on his own. We'll have you hold here with the rest of them rather than sprinting with Barak.

((I think I was missed here ._.;))
Joan (who we'll say made it to the hedgehog along with the rest of her team) pops out to take a shot at the middle bunker. [1] She squints through the smoke and thinks she sees someone in there. She fires off 3 rounds at the figure only to then realize that she's shooting a support beam.

Boat 3
Bob spat out a mouthful of sand, and noticed that one person was pushing out ahead of the rest.
Run to the hedgehog near Faith for cover, and fire 6 rounds with the BAR into bunker three, in the direction of a machinegunner.

[1] Robert runs for the hedgehog where Faith and gus are hanging out but just straight up trips halfway there, dropping his rifle in the process. [5-1] A burst of machinegun fire tears up the ground around him, but none make contact.

Yarrick pops his head out and fires a WP at the right bunker then ducks behind the hedgehog

[4] Yarrick fires a WP round at bunker 3. He misses the actual opening of the bunker, but hits a bit below it. The smoke obscures to a degree, but doesn't perfectly block their line of sight.

Advance to the next hedgehog (the one that's 4 squares forward and 1 square to the right of my current hedgehog. Estimate how close I would have to be to the rightmost bunker to be able to throw an improvised grenade into it.

Ivan runs up to the next hedgehog on the beach. The front opening of the bunkers is a good 30-40 feet off the ground, so Ivan thinks he'd have to be basically directly under them or close to it in order to make that throw.

IF YARRICK SUCCEEDS ON HIS ROLL, RUN TOWARDS THE HEDGEHOG WHICH IS AHEAD OF ME, AND SLIGHTLY TO THE EAST, THEN TAKE COVER! IF HE FAILS, LAY DOWN ON THE GROUND FOR THE BETTER PROTECTION!

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

[5] Zack sprints up and joins Ivan at the next hedgehog.

Stay low, move from cover to cover, get closer.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)

[5] Joe joins Ivan and Zack, effectively reforming squad 3, minus Robert and Yarrick.

In the distance, everyone can hear a series of soft pops, distant explosions. And then a few seconds later, the mortar shells start landing.  One lands out in the middle of the beach, missing everyone by a wide margin. The second lands next to squad 3. None of the shrapnel manages to hit them, but Ivan and Joe are knocked flat by the blast, their ears ringing. (-1 physical for both). The third mortar round lands squarly on top of  Alan and Jersey.  [5-2][6][1] Alan is obliterated, blown into dozens of unrecognizable pieces, but Jersey, remarkably, is barely injured (-1 life). However, the blast throws him a dozen feet and renders him unconcious.

Map. Sorry for the text overlap in places.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2017, 05:12:35 pm »

Added a wall of remembrance to our OP.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2017, 05:40:20 pm »

Get to the ramp up to the bunkers, I can rest for a bit there.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2017, 06:30:30 pm »

Since we have a lull in the machinegun fire, Bob runs forward and grabs his rifle, before moving to the hedgehog where Faith and Gus are sheltering. Attempt to shoot the gunner in bunker 3 with 6 rounds from the BAR.

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2017, 06:43:56 pm »

Start running forward ducking into cover when I can go no further

« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 06:46:46 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:53 pm »

Get to IamanElfCollaborator/Joakim's position. Get prone or whichever position is best to not get shot at.
Apply heals via first aid pouch (...not his, mine)

((Thanks Piece :D I'll also be keeping track of my ammunition so you don't have to!
Is it possible to reload and swap out the...um, magazines [I don't know the right term] and still keep the ammunition in them?
I'll move my action to the top so it's less of a hassle maybe.))

"Mortar rounds! Clear the area!" Joan shouted as she secured her equipment. "Keep moving, Squad 2! I'll cover the wounded."

(If I get to him safely, Joan says:)
"Scan the area, where can we all move? Use my binoculars."

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:07:07 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2017, 07:03:37 pm »

(Squad 1)

"Fuck!" Faith curses as bits of alan rain down on the squad. "Okay, we need to get moving! On three, okay?"

Attempt to convince the other two standing members of squad 1 to CHARGE! Charge with them, but not from the front. If they both fail to charge, stay hiding behind cover like the cowardly mouse I am.
And for jesus sake stay spread out and yell at everyone to stay spread out.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:47:27 am by Egan_BW »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »

((Aaaand glad I moved.))

"Shit!  Shit shit!"

Cut out of this blasted wire!  Bang it with the entrenchment tool if need be!  Make it to that next hedgehog!

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 228