Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468648 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: No day like D-Day
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:45 am »

((Counterpoint:  There's three bunkers firing at three boats, so if you land a WP round right in front of Bunker 2 very few people will be shooting at you, at least in theory.  Furthermore, as Dev mentioned before, Czech Hedgehogs make for poor cover, and are the best available, on top of being outnumbered by infantry.  Finally, "cover" is not a thing which even appears in the OP and may not be simulated in the system, which would make sense considering how ineffective the MGs were at shooting a group of massed people outside of cover, and the increasing-risk system of prolonged combat.  Though, to be fair, the OP does say that we only perish upon reaching zero life die, despite that die starting at zero and only getting penalties from there, so it's unclear how much we can trust it.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2017, 11:46:51 am »

((Counterpoint:  There's three bunkers firing at three boats, so if you land a WP round right in front of Bunker 2 very few people will be shooting at you, at least in theory.  Furthermore, as Dev mentioned before, Czech Hedgehogs make for poor cover, and are the best available, on top of being outnumbered by infantry.  Finally, "cover" is not a thing which even appears in the OP and may not be simulated in the system, which would make sense considering how ineffective the MGs were at shooting a group of massed people outside of cover, and the increasing-risk system of prolonged combat.  Though, to be fair, the OP does say that we only perish upon reaching zero life die, despite that die starting at zero and only getting penalties from there, so it's unclear how much we can trust it.))
I think -3 equals death
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2017, 11:51:53 am »

I think -3 equals death

No, you'd have to reach -6. When I say a dice at zero I mean if I roll this dice, there's no possible way for it to roll 1 or higher. So a dice with a -6 penalty is someone incapacitated in one way or another. No one is dead yet.  As per it being impossible to die in one hit, its not.  If you're up against a 7 risk attack a and roll 1 with no bonuses to absorb the damage, you're dead.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2017, 12:00:41 pm »

((Edited action))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »

Boat 1
"Let's goooooo"

Get forward and get cover.  Cover first shooting later.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)

((Should we have bangalores in inventory?))
Stick 2 bangalores in your inventory. 6 total were up for grabs so try and spread them out.
[4]
Jack scrambles out onto the beach and takes cover behind the nearest Hedgehog. Its not great cover, but its better than nothing.  As though to prove this point, a hail of machinegun fire clangs off the hedgehog and potmarks the sand around it.

Try to get on the beach and find something to use for cover. Otherwise, use my downed team-mate as cover.
[2] (REMEMBER TO LIST YOUR DICE) Jersey charges out of the boat but his feet get caught in the wet sand and he struggles and fails to reach the relative safety of the nearest hedgehog. A bullet bounces straight off his helmet and hisses off into the ocean. (-1 life. Which would mean you lose that +1 from the helmet but your life dice is uneffected)

(Squad 1)

"aaaaaaaaaaa"

Run forward and hack through the wire with my shovel.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[6][6] Faith, the only radio operator in this squad, maybe in the whole damn unit, sprints straight out of the boat, ignores cover, ignores the spray of bullets around her, ignores the cries of her teammates, and runs for the barbed wire. She whips out her sharpened entrenching tool and hacks into the the wire, chopping repeatedly until the wire breaks. She successfully clears the path forward, but dulls her shovel back to a normal entrenching tool and leaves herself completely exposed and out in the open. She also screams lots of anti-german slogans.
[1](-3 life) For her actions and her loud mouth she takes a bullet straight to the gut.

"Oh Fuck!"
Attempt to stand up and run to cover

[3] Alan runs for cover but can't reach it. He throws himself onto the ground, to at least make himself harder to hit. [5] Bullets hiss overhead but none of them make contact.

Missing Midnight [5] Who does not get shot despite just standing around.

Boat 2
Get back up and make a dash for some form of cover.
[2] Barak charges out of the boat, but gets bogged down in the sand. Also you're not at life +1 anymore, are you? You're at life -1 because of the 2 life damage you took last turn. 

Boat 2

Get in cover, and fire a shot at an enemy machine gunner.  I have a better plan!  Follow Winston (Twinwolf) into "cover", and grab his M18 when if he goes down.  Immediately load a WP round into it and fire at the nearest bunker.  If he doesn't get shot, and just taking his weapon and ammo anyway would require wrestling with him or something, then take a quick potshot at the nearest enemy machinegunner with my sniper rifle.

Please note that shooting at the nazis is more important than taking cover, for now.  Staying near Winston is more important than either, of course.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)
[5] Simon charges over to the nearest hedgehog and takes cover behind it, waiting for his teammate with the recoilless rifle.  But Winston trips on his way over and instead decides to take a shot from the ground. Simon tsks and turns to take a shot into the bunker. [6v2][2] In his excitement simon takes 3 shots. A bit of a waste but one of the machineguns up in bunker 2 goes silent.  He ducks back into cover just as several rounds clang off the hedgehog and cut through the air where he was standing.

Fire a WP round at Bunker 2, to obscure their vision, and keep running

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Winston runs for the hedgehog but trips and falls  face first into the sand. He spits a seashell out of his mouth and takes a shot at the bunker with his Recoilless rifle. [3] The round flies true and lands somewhere inside the second bunker. A plume of white smoke begins pouring out from inside.  He manages to cheer just as a machinegun rakes across the beach and manages to skim his head, cracking his helment straight in half.  (-1 life)

"Get to cover, quickly!"
Joakim yanks Barak to his feet and helps him to some cover, whether it be a hedgehog, a trench or next to the ship.

Grab Barak's other arm and help Joakim drag him to cover.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
[1][6]&[4][5]
Darlington and Joakim grab Barak and together they all manage to drag themselves up to the hedgehog with Simon. Darlington gets clipped as they push Barak up against the hedgehog, (-2 life) but he is only lightly injured.

Boat 3
"Agh!" Bob jumped out of the boat, trying to ignore the pain in his head.

Dash behind the nearest hedgehog, and try to stay there for a moment.

((does life go to -1, or to -2? I'm not quite sure how the helmet affected it))
(Well, you had +1 from the helmet, so If you took 1 damage it would go to 0. If you took 2 it would go to -1. 3 to -2 and so on. Because the bonus acts like a buffer)
[3]Bob runs for the nearest hedgehog but doesn't make it. When he sees the gunfire sweeping for him he dives into the sand for cover. [6-1] the bullets hiss over his head and blast up the sand around him, but none manage to hit him directly.

Squad 3
Get running and find some cover failing that start aiming for the center nest (aiming isnt a thing shoot the nest) with a WP rocket

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Yarrick dives behind the nearest hedgehog and balls himself up to avoid the spray of machinegun fire that seems near constant.

Get behind a hedgehog, then began rolling it forward (while remaining behind it) so that I/we can advance.

How far away do I have to be from the bunkers before I have a reasonable chance of being able to chuck an improvised grenade in there?

[6]Ivan sprints to the same cover as Yarrick, but realizes only after he's slid into safety that he accidently dropped his rifle between here and the boat.

"THAT KRAUT WHO SHOOT ME IN MY FOOT WILL PAY FOR THIS. AAUURGH!" Said Zack while holding his foot. Zack tries to move faster via his own willpower, despite wounded leg.

TRY TO IGNORE THE PAIN VIA WILLPOWER AND RUN FOR THE COVER AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!
AFTER FINDING THE COVER, CAREFULLY LOOK AROUND.

Spoiler: My Application (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Forgot my sheet again.
DOUBLE EDIT: New action added.
Zack runs and swears his way to the hedgehog up the beach, along with most of his team. Once he's in place and comfortably out of the line of fire for the moment, he stops to look around. There's a line of barbed wire stretching across the beach from left to right, blocking everyone. However, it looks like someone off to the left has just charged up and cut the wire near the center of the beach. Hey, its radio operator! And she just got shot. Damn. The Central bunker is spewing white smoke and one of its machineguns seems to have been knocked out.  The others are going just fine though.

RUUUUN for cover.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
[6][1v2] Joe sprints all the way to the hedgehog, along with everyone else but Bob. He makes it there easily but as soon as he flops down to hide, he notices the twinge in his leg. Feels like he might have pulled something during his run (-1 physical)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2017, 03:58:55 pm »

Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2017, 04:06:37 pm »

(Squad 1)

((It's not ignoring cover if the only cover around is designed to not be cover. :P))
"aaaaaaaaaaa- AAAAAAAAAAAA"

Go prone, preferably behind "cover". Very quickly take a look around the battlefield and report the situation over the radio. While screaming in pain.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2017, 04:19:02 pm »

Bob spat out a mouthful of sand, and noticed that one person was pushing out ahead of the rest.
Run to the hedgehog near Faith for cover, and fire 6 rounds with the BAR into bunker three, in the direction of a machinegunner.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 08:05:24 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2017, 04:31:26 pm »

Stay low, move from cover to cover, get closer.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2017, 04:50:37 pm »

Continue onward. Don't stop running.
((My Bad on the life, thought there wasn't a life down for some reason.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2017, 05:13:27 pm »

Advance to the next hedgehog (the one that's 4 squares forward and 1 square to the right of my current hedgehog. Estimate how close I would have to be to the rightmost bunker to be able to throw an improvised grenade into it.

Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2017, 05:47:06 pm »

Advance up with the rest of squad 2.

Spoiler: Darlington Darfter (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2017, 11:37:11 pm »

Boat 2

Are there any MGs in Bunker 2 still firing?  Shoot whoever's manning them.  If Bunker 2's silent due to the smoke and earlier sniper fire, take out a gun in 3.  Wonder whether I have two spare clips (12 rounds left), or two clips total (7 rounds left).

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2017, 12:04:27 am »

((I think I was missed here ._.;))

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2017, 02:24:15 am »

Alan realizes that discretion is the better part of valor, and says absolutely nothing as he charges towards the nearest available piece of cover, before firing some hopefully suppresing fire at Bunker 1 using his M1 Garand.

"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 228