Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467746 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 2: Hellfire Club
« Reply #885 on: October 13, 2017, 04:48:47 pm »

"GET THE FUCK OFF THE RUNWAY YOU SUICIDAL HOMICIDAL MORONS."

Takeoff!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 13, 2017, 05:08:42 pm »

Since it appears I'm too late to get on the plane, head to the officer's building and help Edward Bohring out.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:38 pm »

((Nuke Door: Round 2!))

"Huh, nobody else decided to come?  Weird.  Hey Yarrick, we seem to run into each other a lot, don't we?  Heh."

Grab the girlie mag Alice dropped (She'll get it back, I'd just hate for such a treasure to be lost!), then check the back of the plane.  If we've got an open hangar door or something else that we really shouldn't launch with, fix that.  Otherwise, strap in and make small talk.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: October 13, 2017, 07:52:24 pm »

((Nuke Door: Round 2!))

"Huh, nobody else decided to come?  Weird.  Hey Yarrick, we seem to run into each other a lot, don't we?  Heh."

"Yeah we do, Did you see the guy who decided to drug me to the gills with painkillers? I want to beat some sense into him."

Secure myself and if the truck doesnt get out of the way/Alice doesnt go around and it looks like we are going to crash fire the weapons systems into itPray hard

(We loaded all the kids into the plane right?)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 08:13:37 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 13, 2017, 08:03:41 pm »

((Ever heard of waiting a second to give everyone a lift?))
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 13, 2017, 08:13:14 pm »

((I don't actually remember where the plane is or if we can reasonably reach it before the ammo explosion happens :p

Winston has the radio, so contact is still possible and we could get picked up?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 13, 2017, 08:51:35 pm »

((Ever heard of waiting a second to give everyone a lift?))
(You could have driven away from the base and evaced that way rather then drove into the path of a plane that we dont really know how to use)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 13, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »

((...I don't think they intended to drive into the runway. At least that's not what I meant, but my fault for being vague with "to the plane".

Also, to be fair, I think they're taking off because if they wait around they'll get caught in the ammo explosion. So.))

On the radio:

"Sorry, didn't realize we were this close to the plane." Winston explains simply. Then to the driver: "Keep going! If we don't they're probably going to crash into us and then we're all fucked."

So yes, directions off the runway and just continue North since it looks like they're not gonna stop to pick us up.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:18:37 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 13, 2017, 09:16:03 pm »

((YEAH RAM RIGHT INTO ME WHY DON'T YOU.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 13, 2017, 11:13:52 pm »

Pretty much along for the ride at this point.  If anyone tries to get in the plane, help them.  Otherwise shut the door.

If time permits check out that map?

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 14, 2017, 01:34:01 am »

Run out and north as fast as I can. Direct Joe Nix that way as well. Get off base or up behind the northernmost building if possible. Duck and cover.

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #897 on: October 16, 2017, 02:08:45 pm »

Ok.

Simon grabs the girly magazine before it gets blown out the open doors and rushes to the back of the plane. He presses a button and the cargo door hisses with pneumatic pressure before retracting and locking into place. That done, he sighs and sits down in one of the folding seats that line the walls of the plane. Jack sits next to him and pulls out the map he just looted. The map shows an area about 20 miles out in all directions from the base. He notes immediately that there are controlled towns north and south, along the river, and that both have notations for AA guns.

In the cockpit, Alice swears aloud as the truck pauses for a moment in front of the plane and then speeds off out of the way. She manipulates the strange controls and pulls the them upward. The plane does not rise like a normal plane; it doesn't trace a slow arc into the air, gaining height by degrees. It leaps up as though someone has yanked it up on a line. It rises about 100 feet in two seconds before surging forward. The sound is incredible, the wind roars like they were flying through a thunderstorm and the world around them is filled with a tempest of rolling smoke and lightning. After a few terrified seconds they emerge above the smoke and take off into the dark, circling around the base in a long arc.

Meanwhile, on the ground, Ed grabs Joe Nix and together they run out to the truck which proceeds to drive as far south as possible. Its a harrowing ride at first since it involves driving back past the ammo dumps but its better than continuing north and running into all the nazi's out by the fire up there. After a few minutes they get a good half mile from the base and stop to look back. The munitions buildings go up almost at the same time. Of all the bombs there only a fraction of them must have gone off; the initial blasts are powerful enough to shatter the truck's windshield even from a half mile away, but the real terror comes as unexploded bombs thrown out by the blast rain down over the countryside. Some hit with wet WHOMPS as they bury themselves in the grass and soil. Others detonate as they were designed to do, raising blasts all across the hills and area near by.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 16, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »

"Well, I guess all that's left is to go to the extraction." Recline, and enjoy the ride.

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #899 on: October 16, 2017, 02:17:14 pm »

Alice sighs and turns the radio on.
"H-hey guys. Anyone alive down there on the ground? Should I land and pick you up?"

Well, I sure as hell ain't landing while bombs are still raining. Can haz glory for probably saving some people from that blast? :3
I hope I don't have to keep rolling Piloting to station keep like this, or else I'm gonna roll a 1 sometime and kill everyone.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 228