Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 469108 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Murdering Fastly
« Reply #450 on: July 02, 2017, 07:02:36 pm »

"Out of the way from that bomb; I got this."

Set that bomb to go off as close to over as possible based on "two minutes out".  Don't let the rookie touch it.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Mission 1 complete: Recruiting for mission 2.
« Reply #451 on: July 02, 2017, 09:43:00 pm »

Prepare to jump.

Spoiler: Joe Nix (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: I want you!
« Reply #452 on: July 02, 2017, 10:33:11 pm »

((Also, Tiruin, how much ammo was for the M1 Garand you gave me?))
((Was unused as far as I recalled Joakim--and if it was used, while I do believe we can't replenish old stores that aren't in our class/universal equipment, it would be silly to not reload a used weapon taken from the battlefield right? :P Just count it as a full load so piece doesn't bother with the tiny stress [you can count your ammo like I did mine :3]))

((In Grunts dieing is a minor setback, possibly even interesting. It sounds like you lose all character progress if you die here, which is just annoying.))
((Let's ask piece here then))

piecewise: Do 'new' characters get as many skill/stat ups (+) like old characters or are they considered fresh and new--only using the basic stats in the OP?

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 03, 2017, 12:33:29 am »

I know I'm late but could I join this mission? If I can then jump right after Simon.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 10:44:44 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 03, 2017, 04:58:07 am »

Get close to the door, wearing a parachute.  Simon's jumping just after Joan [Tiruin], and is trying to get to the ground as quickly as possible.

Spoiler: Simon Smith, Sniper (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 03, 2017, 05:15:57 am »

Puts on his parachute and gets ready to jump after Simon
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 03, 2017, 06:38:03 am »

Put on the parachute and prepare to jump

((OOC, Important Information: Can GM/other player take the control of my character for a while? I'm sick and I have headaches, but I'll try to get better. But please, take the control of Zack for a while. Give me 1-2 days to get somewhat better...))
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 03, 2017, 06:48:36 am »

Put on the parachute and prepare to jump

((OOC, Important Information: Can GM/other player take the control of my character for a while? I'm sick and I have headaches, but I'll try to get better. But please, take the control of Zack for a while. Give me 1-2 days to get somewhat better...))
Heeeey :I
You take as many days as you need to ensure your health! D:< I'll take care of your character and sheet in the meantime, but if you can, PM a theme of what you'd like done.

Also with every major action, it's nice to post your sheet too. :P

cronos5010

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 03, 2017, 10:09:20 am »

"I love this job"
Prepare to jump out of the plane by putting on a parachute and making his way to the back of the plane

"I guess I gotta get all funky if I'm gonna make this work."-Stretch Armstrong

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 03, 2017, 12:45:07 pm »

Bob puts on his parachute if it wasn't on already. ((I was under the impression that piecewise already said that we put on parachutes, but I wanted to make sure that Bob wasn't left without his due to the influx of people actively mentioning putting on parachutes))

Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 03, 2017, 11:20:27 pm »

Put a parachute on and sit next to the bomb ready to set it before jumping

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #461 on: July 04, 2017, 09:37:17 am »

((If someone dies do they lose their skill points and extra requisitions?))
Don't worry, your corpse will keep all their skills and extra stuff. And as soon as we figure out necromancy, they'll be able to use them!

((We rolled to survive takeoff? Yipe))

Not sure you're familiar with ER, but in my previous paramilitary game people would sometimes die before they even landed in the mission area.
Hopefully you toned it down here? :P I'm enjoying it already, with the subtle cues and nice touches of flavor.

Also tiny question: If ever Alice gets a...bad roll while flying, does that mean the end of the mission or it depends on the context of when that roll happened? Because given the tech/time differences between ER and now, I don't think anyone will survive at the worst of encounters [like getting hit]
Well, if he had rolled a 1 the plane would have lost an engine or something but wouldn't have just exploded. It would just mean something bad happened. Might end in death, but not instantly or unavoidably.

((Also, Tiruin, how much ammo was for the M1 Garand you gave me?))
((Was unused as far as I recalled Joakim--and if it was used, while I do believe we can't replenish old stores that aren't in our class/universal equipment, it would be silly to not reload a used weapon taken from the battlefield right? :P Just count it as a full load so piece doesn't bother with the tiny stress [you can count your ammo like I did mine :3]))

((In Grunts dieing is a minor setback, possibly even interesting. It sounds like you lose all character progress if you die here, which is just annoying.))
((Let's ask piece here then))

piecewise: Do 'new' characters get as many skill/stat ups (+) like old characters or are they considered fresh and new--only using the basic stats in the OP?
Hmm...Let me think about it. In ER you just had to restart, because it made death mean more. But I'll think about a happy medium if its is what people want.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 04, 2017, 10:31:36 am »

No, death is death, you shouldn't keep anything.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #463 on: July 04, 2017, 11:30:14 am »

I gave it a think. Here's what I came up with after looking at Grunts and a few other things.

1. We introduce GLORY as our universal experience system. GLORY (not glory, GLORY) is given for any positive action, such as completing goals, killing enemies, saving comrades, etc. Sometimes GLORY is given to individuals (such as for killing enemies) sometimes it is given to everyone on a mission (For completing mission goals). The amount you get varies depending on the magnitude of what you do.

2. GLORY is used to buy various things and is the way we'll handle advancement rather than just basing it on surviving a mission. It will mean rewarding merit, both individual and of the group so long as they complete their objectives.

3. Here's the crap you can buy with GLORY:
  • Training: This allows you to increase your skills by +1 each time. It costs more each time you do it. 
  • Promotions: these are upgrades that give you active abilities to use in the game.
  • Requisitions: Let you get permanent items that "refill" after every mission. Requisitioning an item is like buying it with GLORY, the more valuable it is, the more GLORY you need.
  • Medals: Medals can be both bought with glory and handed out for particularly meritorious actions. They provide minor, passive bonuses.

4. Spent GLORY is gone and if you die you lose what you bought with it. HOWEVER, you can chose to Bank GLORY instead of spend it. This banked GLORY will carry over between characters. Think of it as life insurance; an investment towards future actions at the cost of immediate advancement.

Opinions? If this is accepted I'll probably rebalance some of the starting classes. Since things like the commander's flare will be more of a promotion power than anything.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 04, 2017, 11:33:00 am »

im up for that
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 228