Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 468029 times)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1215 on: November 10, 2017, 08:30:16 am »

Team Paranoia

"Understood!" Exclaimed Hans to Graham while raising his Browning.

The Following: Electric Boogaloo

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: November 10, 2017, 09:01:06 am »

Simon over-dramatically groans, and lays his face on the table between his arms.  "Urgh, I swear, if we had played poker instead of damn Rummy, I'd have won.  Definitely!  Gah.  Mind sharing some of that, Eddy buddy?"

Whine, and drink heavily.  Shout increasingly drunken advice at those who are still in the game.

Actually, no, Alice is giving Simon three of her cigs, so he's gonna stay in the game and win it ALL back!  He'll still drink heavily too, if Ed shares, but now his drunken shouts will be taunts and boasts rather than advice.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1217 on: November 10, 2017, 09:10:40 am »

((I guess this is another good time to go Oops! Because the last ship I recall we met General Bones on was an aircraft carrier--and it was named the same thing. Now to know this is a Destroyer. :P At least we have very good...err, what do you call those...landing craft, I hope?

Also to whomever in the team who saw the dead body making the thunk, ask who he was and what the crew on top were doing at the time of what occurred.))

Team...Tala
"So, what's the plan now? I'm thinking that decoding this might be a big clue, and there might be a recorder in the radio room at the rear decks. But that's only if there's nothing else we should be doing."
"Is this normal for other militaries to not have other people than...us, on a whole deck of a ship? Someone head back to Mess Hall and tell the others where we're headed. New plan to go to the rear decks; if there's any place the General may be, its in a solution to this."

Everyone with me, to the rear decks!
Bob/Strider03 leads the way :P

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
Ti, I never gave until recently. I don't remember if I said it was an aircraft carrier either, because you guys took off from an inland hanger for the last mission.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:20 am »

Proposed Team Name: Frost

Inspect the man with my binoculars. Radio any interesting info about him to the team. If radio down, just talk to the crew on deck. Then go check the engine room.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 05:05:41 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: November 10, 2017, 09:28:37 am »

"So, what's down there?"

Follow Denver to the Engine Room once he is done reporting.

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: November 10, 2017, 10:42:15 am »

I'm Not Sure About That One Guy© feels like the battle of Antietam (ahem, Sharpsburg) is winding down in his stomach. Gaining temporary control of his gastric juices,

Charlie tries again to understand the impossibility of the storm-proof dome and looks around for more sections scorched similarly to the hand print. If Denver leaves, follow him with one eye out for more charred, gutted, and blackened stuff.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: November 10, 2017, 10:48:26 am »

Denver pulled out his binoculars as he talked, his voice more of a normal volume level now. "Some dead guy with his guts frozen to the hull. Looks like he ran into the ship. Going to take a closer look."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: November 10, 2017, 11:47:35 am »

Ti, I never gave until recently. I don't remember if I said it was an aircraft carrier either, because you guys took off from an inland hanger for the last mission.
Sorry, my mistake. :-X I have no idea how, before, searching up Bone's background had me mix up 'aircraft carrier' (or, our first ship we were based on) with a wholly different, and our current, ship. Probably because those both held us and the General :P
Thanks Piece :3

Denver pulled out his binoculars as he talked, his voice more of a normal volume level now. "Some dead guy with his guts frozen to the hull. Looks like he ran into the ship. Going to take a closer look."
((I'm wondering if it was something he held or such that caused some weird...err, draft to push him overboard, and then swing quickly over the edge to splat on the side :-X At least, that's what I picture, with the blood splatter being generally downwards))

"On second thought, I'll head back to the Mess Hall. The rest of you, follow up on the rear deck."

Action revised in post with my sheet. Tala will be heading back to inform everyone that people are going to the rear deck. If that doesn't cost an action, head there too, after telling folks in the Mess Hall.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 11:49:48 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1223 on: November 10, 2017, 03:38:41 pm »

"Hey Simon, I'll give you a few of mine if you'll stay in the game. I don't smoke, anyway."

Give Simon three cigarettes, keep playing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: November 10, 2017, 06:16:15 pm »

Simon perks up, instantly returning to his usual chipper tone "Wait, really Alice?  Sweet, you're the best damn pilot ever!  Still want some'a that booze though, Eddy.  Maybe a bit more courage is what I need to win!"

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: November 11, 2017, 05:31:30 pm »

Is it possible to join now, as everyone's technically at base? I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1226 on: November 12, 2017, 01:09:26 pm »

Is it possible to join now, as everyone's technically at base? I doubt it, but it can't hurt to ask.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Sure! Just post an action.

TEAM PARANOID

Attempt to radio this information to our teammates, and head in the direction Bones head, eyes out for any other crewmen to ask (More politely, I suppose) if they've seen Bones.

"Let's go find Bones."

You scream your info into a non-functional radio...which is pretty silly considering you're  all of 3 or 4 rooms from the rest of the people. But whatever, next time you walk past them we'll assume you tell them what you found out.

That done, you head up stairs and out onto the deck with those other guys. They politely point out the disemboweled man and you start hyperventilating.

Team Paranoia

"After you."

Guess. (follow of course)

Team Paranoia

"Understood!" Exclaimed Hans to Graham while raising his Browning.

The Following: Electric Boogaloo

Spoiler: Hans Bauer (click to show/hide)

Following intensifies, again.

TEAM TALA

((I guess this is another good time to go Oops! Because the last ship I recall we met General Bones on was an aircraft carrier--and it was named the same thing. Now to know this is a Destroyer. :P At least we have very good...err, what do you call those...landing craft, I hope?

Also to whomever in the team who saw the dead body making the thunk, ask who he was and what the crew on top were doing at the time of what occurred.))

Team...Tala
"So, what's the plan now? I'm thinking that decoding this might be a big clue, and there might be a recorder in the radio room at the rear decks. But that's only if there's nothing else we should be doing."
"Is this normal for other militaries to not have other people than...us, on a whole deck of a ship? Someone head back to Mess Hall and tell the others where we're headed. New plan to go to the rear decks; if there's any place the General may be, its in a solution to this."

Everyone with me, to the rear decks!
Bob/Strider03 leads the way :P

But! If nobody else volunteers to head back and inform the Mess Hall folks, Tala will be heading back to inform everyone that people are going to the rear deck. If that doesn't cost an action, head there too, after telling folks in the Mess Hall.

"So, what's the plan now? I'm thinking that decoding this might be a big clue, and there might be a recorder in the radio room at the rear decks. But that's only if there's nothing else we should be doing." He addressed Tala.

Bob is going to. . . FOLLOW LEAD! To the radio room! Watch out for people on the way.

Ok at this point I'm gonna assume Team Paranoid and Team Tala met up on their way to the rear decks and both stopped near team...those other guys who showed them the corpse.

(Hey, piecewise, you missed my action.)
Yeah, I was gonna post something about how the guy you were trying to talk to got yanked back downstairs by another team but I forgot. Eh.

Proposed Team Name: Frost

Inspect the man with my binoculars. Radio any interesting info about him to the team. If radio down, just talk to the crew on deck. Then go check the engine room.

Spoiler: Denver Gaunt (click to show/hide)
"So, what's down there?"

Follow Denver to the Engine Room once he is done reporting.
The man, who is only a dozen or so feet away, is definitely a member of the ship's crew. You recognize him; you've seen him around before but don't know his name. He's also very clearly dead,  if that wasn't evident before.  He's got odd burns around the hole in his gut where the intestines were ripped from and they branch out like a root system all the way to his left cheek. His hair is singed and his eyes are blackened and seem to have shrunk.

You two make your reports about the man to the other two teams and then walk past the door to the first boiler room and over to the door that leads to the engine room. You open it about half way before a spray of bullets comes up from below and ricochets violently around the little room. You're luckily still behind the door so the rounds do nothing more than startle the ever living crap out of you.

I'm Not Sure About That One Guy© feels like the battle of Antietam (ahem, Sharpsburg) is winding down in his stomach. Gaining temporary control of his gastric juices,

Charlie tries again to understand the impossibility of the storm-proof dome and looks around for more sections scorched similarly to the hand print. If Denver leaves, follow him with one eye out for more charred, gutted, and blackened stuff.

As you follow Denver to the engine room, you notice another blackened spot. Its a footprint, a bare human foot but melted an 8th of an inch into solid metal. Its halfway up the wall that separates the main deck from the upper one. As you look up at the foot print you see something; there's a man standing on top of the foremast. Not on the ladder that leads up the foremast or on one of the arms extending off the mast; but on the very tip top of it, on the upward projecting point of a radio antenna. He's balanced there on one foot, moving with the foremast as though he was welded to it.  You can't make out anything about him other than the silhouette of his shape backlit by constant lighting. You can't even really tell if its a He or a She.

Then, in the middle of your inspection, a spray of bullets rattles against the door about 5 feet from you and you hurl yourself onto the ground instinctually. By the time you uncover your head and look back, the figure is gone.

"Hey Simon, I'll give you a few of mine if you'll stay in the game. I don't smoke, anyway."

Give Simon three cigarettes, keep playing.

Woo extra cigs baby! And no mouth to smoke 'em so they're not even bad for my health.

Communicate the info I'm receiving on the radio to the people here. Take stock of what's lying around in the room.

Keep playing cards should they feel like getting fleeced some more.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)
Intercommunication with radios isn't functioning right now. That whole weird interference and all.

Team "GoldBrick"

Ed will opt out of the game, but will remain at the table chatting.

Tough break, Simon. Real rough. Well, I think I better quit while I'm ahead, and before I'm drunk. which shan't be long now, fellas. Shant be long now.

State of the game:
Simon: bust
Yarrick: 8 cigs
Radio: 1 full pack + 10 cigs (19 total)
Alice: 7 cigs
Ed: Out of the game

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)

Simon over-dramatically groans, and lays his face on the table between his arms.  "Urgh, I swear, if we had played poker instead of damn Rummy, I'd have won.  Definitely!  Gah.  Mind sharing some of that, Eddy buddy?"

Whine, and drink heavily.  Shout increasingly drunken advice at those who are still in the game.

Actually, no, Alice is giving Simon three of her cigs, so he's gonna stay in the game and win it ALL back!  He'll still drink heavily too, if Ed shares, but now his drunken shouts will be taunts and boasts rather than advice.

Simon wins 3 cigs off alice and 1 off of radio. Finally.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: November 12, 2017, 01:31:48 pm »

"They've been gone for a while now. Perhaps we should go take a look, see if they need help tying their shoelaces?"

Continue playing, unless Ed moves out, in which case do that.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: November 12, 2017, 08:27:53 pm »

((Can we also assume that I met the Mess Hall people since you quoted that post where I said I'd do that? :P
Because if I did, they're acting like I didn't [it doesn't seem clearly mentioned]))

After getting told the info from the other team and sharing her own notes...meeting up with Team Paranoia and the other team who presumably know everything above deck...

"So someone died by electrocution by holding the safety railings? I've been wondering how that works since I grabbed some rubber gloves--aren't we grounded by the sea around us? Sounds like that man got hit from behind and was pushed off, there's no way someone can get hit by...err, lightning or something, and fall off the ship, even if he was holding the railing backwards and facing inwards. We're near where Bone presumably should be now."

And then presumably I'm near where the bullets happened but a few feet away from where it happened.
"Gunshots! We're friendlies! 888th!"

Ready up most appropriate weapon and approach the site of gunfire, check if any allies are wounded. Also call out so we'd avoid friendly fire.

Also if ever we get grenaded, since I'm pretty near where it should land to do us any damage, kick that awaaaay, if ever this paranoid scenario occurs.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:54:09 pm by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1229 on: November 12, 2017, 08:30:25 pm »

"Jeez, how did you suddenly start winning?"

Cards!

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 228