Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 228

Author Topic: 888th Brigade: DAY OF THE PURGE  (Read 467294 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade: Storm.
« Reply #1140 on: November 01, 2017, 07:17:22 pm »

"What, too afraid to play poker against this face?  Heh, Rummy works, I guess.  Wanna spice it up, bud?  Best of three, winner gets the loser's cigarette ration?  Cards with nothing to gain ain't fun."
"You're on."
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1141 on: November 01, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »

IF YOUR ACTION IS "GO WITH X" I'M JUST GONNA ASSUME YOU DO RATHER THAN SAYING "YOU GO WITH X".

Okie doke?
GLORY lets you do 4 things: Get Training, Get Promotions, Requisition items to your Kit
((HOLY CHEESE ITS A REQUISITION?! I DID NOT KNOW OR READ THIS, AND I WISH I HAD A TEENY BIT MORE GLORY TO MAKE THAT CARBINE-SNIPER RIFLE THING. GAH))

Also retroactively, get these things for mah kit:
> Universal Kit. Which I assume is free. I did not read.
> Silenced Pistol (awesomely 20 GLORY more than the standard pistol but has a +6 risk dice if unnoticed \o/)
> Helmet (Aww no fancy vest for flavor? :< "Helmet and flak vest (+1 life)")
> Medic Bag (Requisition; unsure on its Glory price) [And I want ONE more than this, so I can heal the everybody. Hmpf! :I]

Also try and find some insulated garments nearby or improvise them from what we've got around.

Spoiler: My Sheet (click to show/hide)
((So how much was that universal kit >_< That's the only thing I'm getting given that I lack info on 'better sniper rifles at mid range' or 'a reliable pistol I can use or slap a silencer on' :( Oh, and gimme some rubber gloves! I dislike the idea of electrical discharges everywhere.

Also I forget if this is the name of the aircraft carrier, but our priority is finding the BRIGADIER GENERAL, whose name is Bone.))

Hours pass until it is near midnight on the boat. Most have left the Mess hall, but our band of soldiers remain, gathered around talking, playing cards, poking at newly bandaged wounds and the like. The storm outside has gotten closer and rain pelts down with a constant ubiquitous ringing of drops striking metal somewhere on the decks above. Then the strikes becomes harder, tiny tinny bells ringing, Then thumps like a steel toed boot kicking an oil drum. You can hear shouting from above. Not fear, just outrage and pain. Then a heavy thud, one  that rocks the whole boat back and forth, like ball of wet cloth the size of a man just struck the side of the ship.

And everything goes silent.
"I've been thinking about what you told me about Joan, and this reminds me of how many situations things go wrong out of the blue. Shall we check?" Tala said, minding the fact that "Storm" and "Tower" mean electrical discharges, and prepares her rubber gloves.

Get up and check carefully the surroundings, alongside the floor of the deck we're on. Inquire as to what'sup with any crew I meet, and ready my...err, not-pistol. Rifle. :v

Also check/ask around where the General is.
And get some insulated garments.

"We are in still close proximity to where you all left with that plane. Mayhaps we're in one of their 'testing sites', or this is just a prelude. We should find the General."

You're in the crew's mess hall; its split by a scullery that divides the mess into two distinct sections, one fore and the other aft. There are a few long metal tables here, with the rest of the team around them. You're on the second platform as they say; meaning there is one level of rooms above you and then the ship's deck. The crew mess is in the aft of the ship, pretty near the stern, with only the Officer's mess is further forward. Directly above this room and the officer's mess are the officer's quarters. If Bone is around, those two places are probably good places to start looking for him.

Insulated from what? Cold? Electricity? And from where?

"Yeah, and I ain't a barmaid.

Anything else obvious you ladies would like to say, or do you think we can get assembled and figure out what's going on now?"

Check the door for heat or a static charge. If it's clear and I don't get zapped to death, peek out and check the hallway (Or whatever else might be out there)

You walk to the door out of the Mess and touch it very gently with one finger. Its cold, as you would expect, but otherwise unremarkable. So you open  it and look outside. Through the door is a small room with a steep metal staircase up to the next deck. Behind the staircase, really crunched in behind it, is a wooden desk and a single chair. On the desk is a notebook and a pencil. If you remember right its a logbook of some kind, nothing important.

"I've got a feeling this is going to get real interesting, real fast" Bob muttered, following along after Tala.

Bob McKinley will have his pistol out, finger on the safety, and follow Tala. He doesn't have his pistol up yet, but he'll keep watch towards the rear as they advance through the ship.
EDIT: Start searching through open channels on the radio to see if there's any info.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I've been thinking about what you told me about Joan, and this reminds me of how many situations things go wrong out of the blue. Shall we check?"

Alice makes a startled sort of choking sound.
"Uh. Y-yes, let's go. Tala."

Affix hat to stave off this feeling of dread. J- uh, Tala surely will be able to keep things under control. Just follow her.
Do the radio things with my radio and call someone? OH FUCK IT'S GONNA BE CREEPY WHISPERS OR SOME SHIT, ISN'T IT.

You run through all the channels on the radio, including the official 888th channel and its various backups and double backups in case of emergency. You can't get any sort of coherent signal from anything, though there is background interference on every channel. It sounds like a loud crackling-popping noise and isn't constant. It comes in sharp bursts every few seconds. You recognize it: Lightning creates that kind of interference. [hidden]

There's something weird about the interference. Its too regular. Normal lightning interference should be totally random in distribution and duration. This reminds you of Morse code, though its not.

Having a basic knowledge of mechanics, Charlie knew that touching the ship couldn't possibly be dangerous, considering it was grounded by the mass of ocean around it. However, having this bit of knowledge about the way the world should work didn't alleviate Charlie's unease at the lack of noise. Something was amiss, and there was no ready explanation.

As the team begins to wander in two different directions, Charlie chooses to join Graham, for Graham seems to have a clear sense of direction, and is taking point. While waiting for Graham to clear the door, Charlie listens for any sound that might give a clue as to what is happening upstairs.

Spoiler: Charlie (click to show/hide)

You listen carefully. The sound of the storm hasn't vanished so much as it seems to have just grown distant. As though the thunder and rain were happening miles away, barely audible. You can hear the sound of boots on metal above and some quiet speaking. You can't understand it but the cadence is familiar; English and male. The swearing and shouting over the loud thunks from before has stopped, replaced by whispers.

"God loves me! You, my friend, are evidence enough of that! Hmm. But I can't quite fit you into my rucksack ... Well, friend, I hope you come prepared to defend yourself against buildings, and other explosions!"

"Born ready Sir! Tell me who needs to know what and I'll make sure the message gets there come hell or high water."

"Hey, Radiohead, you play music through that thing?  Dunno why, but I get the feeling that you've a good set of pipes!"
"Sure!"

Start playing an appropriately spooky tune.

Start playing an appropriately spooky tune.
Kick the radioman in the shin.
"Fuck! No, stop that! No spooks!"

Also If I'm assaulted (for no good reason D: ) start blaring obnoxious anachronistic noise at him to defend myself.

Spoiler: Radioman (click to show/hide)

You begin playing some music

Hell or high water? well, we just came through the first, and we're literally floating on the second, so good work, good work. Just wait here with me, Radio. Let the others do the scouting, and keep your ... err , receptors open for their call, eh? Me an' you, we don't exactl;y have much in the way of offensive weaponry. Least, not the kind that can help, on our own ship. Already had three buildings try to kill me. Not about to set off an explosion on our own ship.

Damn, now I'm mad that we didn't take that Kraut's fancy chair! The hell was I thinking? looked comfortable, too.

Say, Radio, you look about the same size as that Nazi officer we offed ..."

Ed remains at the table, leaning casually, and testing the functions of the Radio. The rated PG and rated E functions, you cad.

Someone call me over the Radio! Say, Radio, where's your speaker? Which part to I shout into?

Spoiler: Edward Bohring (click to show/hide)
He appears to function like a man wearing a radio on his head. Except for his microphone fist but he might be pulling your leg about that.

((Knew it was a good idea to loot that corpse.))

Jack rubbed his face, his fingers tracing some of his new scars.  They weren't nearly as symmetrical now, but boy were there a lot of them now.  He'd really grown fond of them.

"Think we pissed the bastards off by stealing their plane?"

Ready the SMG and start moving out slowly.  Follow the smaller group so as to balance numbers.

Spoiler: Jack Worter (click to show/hide)
You're with Graham then.

((OOC: I completely and utterly forgot about this yesterday. Is the mission still looking for people though?))
Try to obtain two pistol clips with 10 Glory
Try to sneakily follow after the smallest group with his Welrod in hand

Also with Graham.

"It's just some idiot sailor who crushed his foot again, ya jumpy pansies.  Stop getting so worked up over nothing."

Simon continues playing cards.  If everyone who was playing with him has left, he's gonna assume they all folded and that he gets their bets.  And then he'll play solitaire, I guess. With Yarrick.  Either Poker or Rummy, if Yarrick's a pansy.  Winner gets the loser's cigarette pack.

Also, hey, answer these!

Oooh.  Are explosive rounds in 888th so powerful that the AoE could kill multiple people?  It wouldn't exactly be realistic, but I'd totally buy a clip of exp rounds for the Springfield if they're that strong...

If I bought a 5-round clip of 30-06 for my Springfield, would it be cheaper than the 20-round BAR mag?  If not, could I buy the BAR mag and just unload the bullets, for the same effect?  Sorry...

Edit: If I attached a scope to an MG and fired it semi-automatically, would that roll on scoped rifle rather than machinegun, like with the Gewehr?

I definitely want to buy an incendiary mag, regardless of the price, and maybe an explosive mag if it's cheap and effective enough.

...Also, do we get those fancy lightning guns back before the start of the mission?

Keep playing cards with Simons

"Got any games for two people I think we are the only two people not freaking out. Don't get washed over board guys I don't want to have to drag you out."

You both continue to play cards and ignore the hub-bub going on outside.

Answers for sy
1.Maybe if they were really closely clustered, but more than likely not. At best you'd probably kill one and hurt another. Human body is pretty good at soaking up shrapnel.
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdCI15QojoA
3. If you fired it as a sniper rifle then MAYBE but I don't like it.

15 glory for incendiary. Explosive is 40.

Not for this, but next official mission, yes.

Say, is my application ok?
Sure. Show up as you like, everyone is still in the mess hall right now.

The doctor gulps nervouslly and grabs his machine gun and medical pack before going with whiver group is lacking a medic.

Ah Jesus, and now the deafness comes into, lousy distillers.

Spoiler: Doc Daneek (click to show/hide)
Well, Tala (Tala? Is Tiruin from the Philippines?) has medical training so I guess Graham it is!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:58 pm »

Jack jabs Graham with his scarred finger.  "Whatcha think?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1144 on: November 01, 2017, 08:14:00 pm »

"That's... Weird..."

Uh, try to decode the lightningy bits. Maybe someone IS using it to pass information.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 01, 2017, 08:19:22 pm »

Well, Tala (Tala? Is Tiruin from the Philippines?) has medical training so I guess Graham it is!
((B-but I- I thought you knew! :'( [Yes I am and thanks for spelling it right :P], also AWH, there goes my chance to use my rifle. Hey Piecewise, can I substitute my Sniper Rifle in melee? I'm under the presumption (again T_T) that skill in a weapon means also using it with skill in melee, maybe at its lowest damage dice unless I grab a bayonet. Can I use a stiletto or a trench/combat knife as a bayonet? :3))

Also addendum to that garb-grabbing last turn: anything that's pretty much available nearby. Insulation from whichever. Fireman's suit or otherwise. I'd rather prioritize rubber gloves. And/or something padded that doesn't encumber me.

Also how goes that Req. Medic Bag cost?

"Graham, you and your team head up to check on the rest of the crew. I'll take these fellows to find the General (or we can switch, whatever people want done). Seems the radios are down, which coincidentally is a 'good' function if this is caused by Nazis. Isolate an Aircraft Carrier, down its communications, probably do something about it. I just hope we're not being boarded, but if we are, some team please check where that "thunk" came from.

"If we're going to use a code to get to know each other, that means using English only in American--slang that the Nazis or infiltrators don't usually know. I'll rack my thoughts when I get to it since I'm not American however, but I do know some words...But keep using those radios. Its probably one of our only ways to know what else is going about."

Get to searching for the General. First-most-obvious-idea first. Get someone with a shotgun as pointman while I'm the second person, with my silenced pistol at the ready.

"Radioman and the rest, I doubt you'll all be helpful as command without a means of communication. Want to go with my team and look for the General? There are two locations where he'd most likely be and I'll check one of them."

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:23:04 pm by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 01, 2017, 08:25:50 pm »

"Yeah, radios are shut down. Lightning, most likely, but it's kind of pulsing? You getting this, Alice? Not just my shitty german radio, right. . .Maybe a code, or a systematic jamming or something?" Bob fiddled with the dials, trying to determine if the interference patterns changed at different wavelengths.

Bob will attempt to decode the radio, working with Alice and her radio. He'll also continue to follow Tala, sticking towards the middle where fiddling with the radio shouldn't hurt him as much if they get attacked. He'll glance up every so often to make sure he's not caught off guard by anything though.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:10 pm »

Check the book. Is it an official ship's log? Is it Chekhov's Ship's Log?

"I think I don't like how unnatural this sounds. Let's get moving, see if we can't find out what's going on.

Hey, Tala! We're taking the next deck up. We'll search for Bone and secure him there, would you search the Officer's mess and this deck, please?

Proceed up and search the officers' quarters, grab any nearby fellow officer(s) and ask what's up. If we find Bone, attempt to make radio contact and report the finding.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 01, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »

"Should some of us check the lower decks such as the engine room and see if the crew down there are ok?" Spencer says as he puts his helmet and flak jacket on.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 01, 2017, 08:41:37 pm »

"Well, looks good so far. This lack of sound is some weird shit though." Smith runs his fingers over the tops of the vials in his med bag, then checks the chamber on his Thompson "I'll bring up the middle-rear if no one minds, good spot for a medic." Stick with the group

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:54:54 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 01, 2017, 08:46:25 pm »

"Let's stick to the top decks first. Nothing hostile can enter through the bottom of the ship. No hostile that we can do anything about, anyway..."
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 01, 2017, 08:48:23 pm »

"Should some of us check the lower decks such as the engine room and see if the crew down there are ok?" Spencer says as he puts his helmet and flak jacket on.
"Maybe you could search the lower decks, check the engine room and all. I find volunteering helps push others to do things. Can someone try using the radio in morse, or something that we can use to talk with each other?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade:2: Raise the roof (via the liberal application of explosives)
« Reply #1152 on: November 01, 2017, 09:03:34 pm »

Glory-buying a helmet. 110 - 30 = 80 Glory remaining.

Spoiler: Winston Atzili (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 01, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »

"I'll go check the engine room that then. If anyone wants to follow, say so now or forever hold your peace."

Leave the Mess Hall and check the log book before heading for the lower decks to find if the crew down there are ok while keeping the rifle ready.

Spoiler: Spencer Ward (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 09:29:06 pm by Tavik Toth »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 01, 2017, 09:24:53 pm »

(Someone should check that ordinary looking logbook. Would help determine how much reality warping is going on)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 228