Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: SPAMMASTER: Spymistress Kalja the Bewitched  (Read 36476 times)

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMMASTER: Spymistress Kalja of Ortfast
« Reply #360 on: June 04, 2017, 05:36:42 pm »

A

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 04, 2017, 05:37:17 pm »

B
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:36 pm »

B
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 04, 2017, 06:24:09 pm »

God damm it, I hate that vague wording. Based on the way they phrased it we may be giving up our body just so it could be immortal. Last thing I want to do is be possessed by the kinds of demons that don't let us have free will.

Or maybe they might be wanting us to throw them the book so they can open the gate from inside, using the book as some kind of key. Vizier would have already thrown them the book in that case though so I'm voting B
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 04, 2017, 06:24:55 pm »

B We should have trusted our good demonic friend.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 04, 2017, 07:24:37 pm »

B We should have trusted our good demonic friend.

B Friends fight IN YOUR HEAD but we can always work things out yes yes do what we say

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 05, 2017, 06:42:33 am »

You could go for a nice bit of immortality. WE KNEW YOU WOULD and the others would know too So do as I say, will you?

You hold up the Book and after giving it one last wistful look, pitch it straight into the Gate - it flips open and is blown on the stormy winds within, spiraling on out of sight as bizarre entities from the further reaches of demonhood take brief notice. NOW THE WORDS the words the words

You open your mouth, and let the demons speak for you. The crevice you currently occupy folds back in, the corroding influence of the Gate withdrawing quickly, and the hole between planes seizes up and covers itself with metaphysical scar tissue, a thickening of ineffable spacetime. You are pulled backward, not by the words, but by the demons helping you say them, and the stonework snaps shut like a jaw as you find yourself in...

... the laboratory of the Vizier, disorderly and ransacked for the mad rituals of the presence that displaced his mind, the notes all abruptly stopping when he ran out of space on the walls to keep writing them. All is silent, and it takes you a moment to realize that it is also completely dark, as you still appear to be able to see perfectly. Consider this a gift in advance.

You step back through the door and, in the hallway leading through the ancient catacombs beneath the palace, find your operatives still keeping together, cowering for fear of being taken by creatures in the dark. They seem only mildly reassured by your presence as you order them to follow you. And they only grow increasingly disturbed as light is eventually shed on you - arms covered in blood up to your shoulders, your clothes a hastily-assembled shambles, your face still caked in gore with bits of sinew stuck in your teeth, the membranous sack of soggy humanoid body parts slung over your shoulder and most of all your eyes, still profoundly wrong.

Was this a success? A failure? Whatever it was, you'll need to explain this to the Queen. She eagerly awaits you at the top of the steps, having been called as soon as the servants could confirm that it is indeed your crew coming back. It has been perhaps an hour since you went down.

Pick 3:

A) Claim you saved the world. NOBODY CAN PROVE THAT YOU DIDN'T
B) Boldly lie about the Book. discretion is the best policy
C) Expound in excruciating detail about the Vizier. She will not want to know more than that.
D) Confuse her with the finer points of planar metaphysics. things mortal minds are far too stupid to comprehend
E) Break down in tears at the horrors you saw. The mad prophets knew how to avoid questioning at least.
F) Offhandedly mention the apprentice you seduced and then ate. SHOW DOMINANCE
G) Say that you've seen things these people wouldn't believe. People will believe anything, of course, unless you tell them not to.
H) Vomit profusely at the Queen's feet. THE UNBEATABLE EXIT STRATEGY
I) Kiss the Queen. save the world get the girl

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 05, 2017, 06:46:56 am »

I think our eyes may give us trouble talking to the queen. Is it possible that we could tidy ourselves up at least. You know, put on proper clothes, ditch the dead apprentice, that sort of stuff?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 05, 2017, 06:47:53 am »

You have no idea how much I hope we keep the demons as long as Kalja is alive.

CEH
There is nothing wrong with us. Nothing.
We're just traumatized.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 05, 2017, 06:54:17 am »

I think our eyes may give us trouble talking to the queen. Is it possible that we could tidy ourselves up at least. You know, put on proper clothes, ditch the dead apprentice, that sort of stuff?

This is more of a first impressions/preliminary report thing. For all the Queen knows you just came back from a perfectly uneventful trip to the palace cellar.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2017, 06:59:08 am »

CEG instead perhaps? Vomiting might disgust her.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2017, 07:56:23 am »

CEG indeed.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2017, 08:03:10 am »

CEG instead perhaps? Vomiting might disgust her.
But that's the point!

It's a genius plan, really. The Queen will be so distraught with the fact that we vomited in front of her that she won't consider any little assumptions such as "Is my Spymaster possessed by demons?"
We really don't want her to consider that. We gotta put some emotion into it.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2017, 08:30:23 am »

CEH

I'm sold.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2017, 09:08:19 am »

AHI

just kidding

C,E,H
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44