Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44

Author Topic: SPAMMASTER: Spymistress Kalja the Bewitched  (Read 36451 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMMASTER: Spymaster Vaskir Sitar of Ortfast
« Reply #150 on: May 22, 2017, 02:06:35 pm »

You take out one of your many poisoned knives and motion for the other Spymaster to come hither. He gladly obliges.

You sadly do not get very long to appreciate how much of a terrible idea it was to attempt this as Szabo of Vesperlund meets your charge with an unerring volley of thrown daggers aimed at your throat, heart and, just for variety, your navel - all three strike home as the Spymaster himself leaps forward in a ruthlessly efficient motion to finish the job.

You see the scene from a distance for a moment: the Princess letting off an impressed gasp as her eyes go wide at just how much shit you ate there, the Spymaster already moving to kick your soon-to-be-lifeless body out of the way, Sir Ludovic wheezing as he runs this way from afar... and behind the pedestal the Spymaster has left behind stands the Duke, smaller but simultaneously more alert and fearsome, a veritable lich of a man glowing with sinister magic.

Oh my, he laughs, that doesn't seem to have gone very well at all for you, does it? Points for effort, of course. He would have guessed that you would make a run for the book - it is wonderful to be proven wrong about these things, simply exhilarating.

He looks at the Spymaster, frozen in time for the moment as your eventful life plays out in the corners of your eyes. He's not very enjoyable to watch. Takes his work far too seriously, too quick about it, not enough passion. It'd be a shame to let him win just like that - how about he gives you a second chance, just for being such a good sport? For adequate compensation, of course.

A) Take my youth and add it to your collection of beloved things lost, I shall make do with the little time I will have earned!
B) Take my heart and keep it a trophy in your place of pride, I will learn to go on without it!
C) Take my will and come with me, and I shall help you live the story you have always deserved!
D) Just go ahead and take my life, but avenge me a thousandfold upon this Vesperlundian bastard!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 22, 2017, 02:17:29 pm »

Ouch.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2017, 02:19:53 pm »

B Though I think C is also a interesting option.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:30:24 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2017, 02:24:16 pm »

Wait, what C will do? We still play with the guy? Playing with an demon INSIDE us will be pretty fun and potentially useful, but i am certain it will have drawbacks.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2017, 02:30:24 pm »

Wait, what C will do? We still play with the guy? Playing with an demon INSIDE us will be pretty fun and potentially useful, but i am certain it will have drawbacks.

Well, you didn't see Yugrom of Kudu yourself, but with the information you have you're fairly sure it would have a very particular set of benefits and downsides, a fair few of them not very conducive to prolonged service in somebody's court.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2017, 02:31:13 pm »

I change my mind I'm going to think about this a bit more before I vote.

Do we have any idea what giving our heart would do or is it something we'd just have to give and see what happens?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 02:39:41 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 22, 2017, 02:47:34 pm »

The Duke hasn't bothered to explain what the choices would mean exactly, no.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2017, 02:51:28 pm »

A Dang
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:54 pm »

B I'll go with B cause I'm not to sure about giving him our 'will' which might imply we have to do what he tells us.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 22, 2017, 02:55:56 pm »

NOPE

"Have you met the spymaster? He's quite... heartless."
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 05:36:05 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2017, 03:07:14 pm »

A

Honestly, it isn't worth making such large sacrifices just to please a queen who wants immortality. It's better to continue living life as an old man rather than to stop living life altogether.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 22, 2017, 03:10:51 pm »

Who says we have to give the book to the queen.... perhaps such a treasure should go into a truly brave individual's magic library that was just recently formed? Perhaps it could be the gods awarding such daring deeds with knowledge and power?  ;)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 22, 2017, 03:24:09 pm »

B

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2017, 03:26:38 pm »

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 22, 2017, 05:33:50 pm »

A Give the Queen the book and ask her to make us immortal together. May the gods forgive us, and may us serve them forever.

Spamlichspymaster
Novice english wordsmith
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 44