Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44

Author Topic: SPAMMASTER: Spymistress Kalja the Bewitched  (Read 36447 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMMASTER: Spymaster Vaskir Sitar of Ortfast
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2017, 05:24:48 pm »

A

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2017, 05:46:31 pm »

A
The ranger will probably try to shoot us when we are dealing with Sir Ludovic.
Let's get rid of that problem first.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »

8!

The ranger has chosen to wait and watch the area, hoping that he will see someone before they see him, perched high upon a tree branch. He breathes rarely and moves scarcely at all, watching the area like a hawk, ready to loose an arrow into the skull of any approaching enemy from his treetop perch.

He hears the slightest of sounds behind him, and suddenly turns, one hand on his sword. By this point the noose flies over him, landing around his neck just as you crash into him, kicking him first in the chest while holding the rope, then slinging the off-balance ranger over the side. In seconds the ranger has brought the sword to the rope and has sliced it.

In doing so, he has robbed himself of a quick death as he tumbles 50 feet more, breaking both of his legs and snapping several very significant bones as he impacts the ground. You step over him after you slowly climb down and stand over his body as Princess Annika looks on from a fair distance, carefully drawing closer as she makes sure the man's quite incapacitated.

By the time she gets there, you've taken stock of the ranger's possessions - the recurve bow appears to have been nice enough for the ranger to actively try and preserve it in the fall. Some of these people have the strangest obsessions.

And that leaves you with the final act in this little diversion - the spymaster of Vesperlund, who by this point has reunited with Sir Ludovic to give the two of them a sporting chance of it. They walk through the woods not quite as cluelessly as the others - Sir Ludovic is well enough to walk, if not necessarily to fight, having taken off his helmet to breathe as he stumbles after his associate. The Spymaster cranes his head every which way, hands on a multitude of daggers whenever he sees as much as a shadow moving through the undergrowth.

You watch from afar. You could see how the ranger may have grown used to this.

A) Shoot the Spymaster first.
B) Shoot Sir Ludovic right in the heart.
C) Shoot the two of them a message pinned to your arrow, and make it clear that a hunt is on.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:27:06 pm by Harry Baldman »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2017, 07:34:48 pm »

Let's keep that duke bonus.

C

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2017, 07:56:00 pm »

A I'm worried about him. We can make sport of hunting Sir Ludovic because he is injured but I think it would be best to end our fellow spymaster now.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2017, 08:27:41 pm »

A

We don't need the duke bonus if the injured sir ludovic is the last one alive
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:36:07 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2017, 08:43:48 pm »

A I am really tempted by C... but our spymaster is too smart to be so braggy, I think
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2017, 10:29:29 pm »

I can smell a critical fumble...
Our luck has been fabulous so far. I wonder how long it will hold out.
A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2017, 07:28:24 am »

You decide to shoot the nasty one first in a fit of practicality, and nock an arrow as you watch your target.

Your first discovery when you do so is that the Kaiser's spymaster appears to be able to hear an arrow in flight, and has fast enough hands to catch it at that, at which point he examines it for half a second before snapping it in half and tossing it aside. Your next discovery as he turns in the direction you shot from is that his preferred form of communication is that of bestial hissing as he bounds your way, pelting your position with daggers as you start to make a rapid retreat with the Princess well ahead of you. Sir Ludovic shouts and follows, but clearly isn't able to keep up with his compatriot.

He is very quick, but you have the advantage of knowing where the hell you're going. Or, rather, the hell knows where you're going and changes to accommodate your need and the whims of its lord. Even you are surprised by where you end up, however - a darkened clearing where the pines have grown twisted and shadows lurk between the tree trunks, watching your every move. And in the center there is a crumbling, overgrown stone pedestal, on it are written faded words:

I AM YUGROM OF KUDU, MASTER OF LIFE AND DEATH
AT HEZ-SHALHOUB'S COMMAND I LEAVE THIS HERE
THIS TOME WAS WRIT IN MY BLOOD
AND KNIT FROM MY OWN SKIN
SPEAK THE WORDS I HAVE TOLD YOU
AND CLAIM POWER ETERNAL

And on the pedestal, true enough, lays the fabled Book of Hez-Shalhoub, ugly and ramshackle, stitched from odd chunks and bits of its author and fitting about as well together as you would expect from someone no doubt experiencing a materials shortage after a certain point. It does not whisper or glower, but instead merely waits implacably for someone with the gumption to try and take it.

Well, Princess Annika observes altogether less quickly than you, that does look a lot like what you were looking for in here, right? Imagine just coming across it like that while running around the area. Yes, you sigh to yourself, imagine that.

The Vesperlund spymaster is a little late to arrive - this is because he has circled round, seemingly in an attempt to outmaneuver you. Instead as he bursts into the clearing he finds you looking straight at him, and his eyes wander momentarily to the sight of the Book as he cranes his head curiously. You have the slightest of openings. Three seconds at best. You can make it to the pedestal in one at a flat-out sprint.

A) Grab the book and desperately channel its power to dispose of the Spymaster!
B) Speak the words, grab the book and hope you don't get stabbed too many times before it does your bidding!
C) Settle this man to man in a winner-takes-all knife fight in the depths of Hell itself!
D) Perform a daring con and hope he's fool enough to fall for it!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2017, 09:20:41 am »

Duke of pride and longing

D is out (pride)
A is out (too risky)

C, violence. But the spymaster is a prodigy, the duke will like to make things interesting and might give a bonus to bring "equilibrium"

B hmmm, i dunno
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:49 am »

Klaatu... Barrada.... Nik- Nek? Necktie? Nectarine?

B

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2017, 10:18:22 am »

I seriously doubt the book is real. I just think that "obliterate foe with magical artifact of power you happened to come across" doesn't make a great story.

So let's have Mr. Genre blind accidentally use it for himself

D
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2017, 10:21:27 am »

C
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2017, 10:22:15 am »

C Shank that man for the Hidden God! I remember vaguely being warned against taking the book before we've perform what we promised.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2017, 01:54:06 pm »

C!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 44