Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Announcement/Conclusion]  (Read 6285 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Turn VI: Deli-Ver Us From Evil]
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2017, 02:10:02 pm »

"Oh. I can do that?"

Level Up: Gain Regenerate Self(heal self's wounds). Level Up: Gain Project Slash(slash from a distance). Use Project Slash to kill a weak player.
"Yea. It's sorta the main point of killing people. Also, I would've gotten a regeneration ability if I was successful at killing you. You know, so I could stay alive. Lastly, how can you hear me?"

((TCM, mind letting us canonically talk like this?))

I should clarify that you are in a testing Lab so if you can get permission from the lab techs, you can communicate with people inside the simulation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2017, 02:56:24 pm »

If that's the case, obtain permission.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2017, 12:37:28 am »

Whip the shit out of Lalli
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: An Exercise in Asinine Violence [Turn VII: The Endless Struggle]
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2017, 06:48:23 pm »

Turn VII: The Endless Struggle

Leeroy Jenkins picks his teeth with the bone of a chicken wing before flinging it into a comically large cluster of bones, packages, paper wrappers and other garbage on the ground, a throne of the discarded chicken matter. With a full belly, Leeroy ambles away to nothing in particular, as his main goal in life has been satiated, for now. Towards the middle of the Deli aisle, he finds that Kyle is dead, Nix is going through what looks like a fraternity hazing, and Timothy is powering up. Jack Black begins to sweep up the remains of Jenkins's massacre. "Were you raised in a barn?" scolds the Janitor.

A. Bell Adams becomes the Lalli-tamer, slashing at him with the Slip Leash attacking as a fearsome whip. [9 vs. 8] The metal end of the leash comes down and Lalli raises his left arm to block it, deflecting the blow away from his face but his left middle finger takes the brunt of the attack. It forces Lalli to reflexively flex his hand (he would have dropped his baton had he been holding it in his left hand) and it stings like a bitch, but no serious damage is dealt. Adams reels the leash back and slings it forward again, [3 vs. 9] and Lalli jumps perpendicular to the attack, ducking out of the path of the leash and simultaneously closing in on Adams. [4 vs. 2] Lalli swings his baton at Adams's head, and the defender swerves his head out of the way to his left, which allows Lalli to get in an easy quick jab to the mouth. Adams takes a step back and spits out a little blood before getting back into a fighting stance.

With a Metal Mop secured, Wily Wilson goes on over to the hardware section of the store. On the way there, he hears some random bits of conversation and screaming coming from the other side of Wal-Mart. Unimpeded, he locates the Hardware section full of all the hardware one could need, or at least that which Wal-Mart could provide. Nothing on the level of Home Depot or Lowes, but if your cousin breaks your living room roof at 3 o'clock in the morning on Christmas Day, where else are you going to get hardware? That's what Wally World is for. Securing a Roll of Duct Tape and a Box Cutter, Wily attempts to engineer the first combination improvised weapon in the simulation. [Crafting: 1] During the creation of this new weapon, Wily accidentally causes the Box Cutter to spring open while he's manipulating it, and the sharp blade cuts a long gash into the flesh of his palm.

Lalli wonders why it's so hard to kill people, something he'd been trying to accomplish for a while now. It would be a lot easier if they were given guns and swords as opposed to things like mundane self-defense weapons. [Grapple: 10 vs. 5] Lalli tackles Adams to the ground and wrestles him until Lalli is on top with Adams face down, Lalli's baton around the front of his throat. [Grapple: 3 vs. 10] Lalli pulls upwards to try and apply pressure on Adams's throat, but Adams manages to twist his body around and slam Lalli onto the ground, stunning him briefly. While the two men recover, getting up on their knees, Adams tries to punch Lalli, [6 vs. 2] and gives him a solid left hook to the jaw that sends Lalli reeling. The two of them get back to their feet, both a little more sore than before but with no clear winner in sight.

Nix knows a life of nothing but pain and pepper, and in a primal panic just begins to start screeching out and shooting his limbs out in every direction like a raver who had no idea that the last joint he smoked was laced with acid. It can't be called totally unsuccessful though, since no one approaches. Sensing this through his blindness, Nix runs. [Speed: 7-2] Nix half-runs and half-stumbles behind the Deli serving counter, crouching down and waiting for the effects of the spray to subside.

"Agh! Waa...? Can't you talk?" Cal Ericson tries to get something out of Deb, some sort of human communication. At the same time, he tenses his muscles, ready to sprint for somewhere better if his newest acquaintance became hostile. Deb continues to drool and chitter, but she doesn't speak, nor does she attack. Her eyes focus on Cal occasionally, but mostly just roll around unfocused. Deb reaches into her pocket and then puts her hand out, as if offering Cal a gift. The gift consists of a used tissue, seven pennies, a bent paperclip, and a single piece of hardened candy.

Timothy remembers that the simulation is for more than just trying out how murder how feels, "Oh. I can do that?" Timothy and the people around him can see his body briefly radiate with an aura of energy. To test out these new powers, Timothy looks for someone that's weak, and Nix looks pretty weak, shirtless and cowering behind the Deli counter. Timothy swipes his hand at the Deli counter and a visible wave of energy rushes through the air [3 vs. 5-2+1(Cover)] The new technique does not hit Nix, but it does leave a sword-shaped gash in the side of the counter, demonstrating its power.

Nix blinks a few more times and regains his vision.

Jack Black continues cleaning the floor, and deliberately cleans a spot right between Lalli and Adams. Without looking up he says, "If either of you punks tries to blindside me while I'm doing my job, I will kick your ass to here and back."

OceanSoul requests to speak to the players. One of the researchers leads him to a microphone, "Go ahead. Don't distract them too much though."

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Info (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 06:51:42 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:58 pm »

Timothy: Keep shooting slashes at Nix. Note that the ability was intended to project the slash of a blade rather than creating a slash out of nothingness.

((Suggestion: Once we get enough winners, can we have a winner's deathmatch consisting of only the winners of this game, having the abilities they had when they won?))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:48:25 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2017, 11:27:45 pm »

Sneak over to the person hitting golf balls and pepper sprsy them. ((not sure if sneaking counts as an action, if not, attack him after spraying))
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2017, 11:58:20 pm »

Run away from Timothy, find a weapon.

- Nix
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 02:35:43 am »

Berserk. Abandon all defense in favor of Adams' pending murder. One of us is gonna die this turn, no matter what.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2017, 05:37:54 am »

Cal accepts the woman's odd offering, and then reaches into his backpack to find something to give her. He gives her one of the painkiller pills, and then heads off to the gardening and home repair section to grab a hammer or an axe.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2017, 11:43:55 am »

Tape up my slash wound then try making my makeshift spear again
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2017, 10:38:39 pm »

New turn tommorow.
((Suggestion: Once we get enough winners, can we have a winner's deathmatch consisting of only the winners of this game, having the abilities they had when they won?))

So for Project Slash, would you need a slashing type weapon?
As for game winners, I don't think we'll have that many game winners, this is a test game more than anything. There will be some sort of overall conclusion.
Sneak over to the person hitting golf balls and pepper sprsy them. ((not sure if sneaking counts as an action, if not, attack him after spraying))
Sneaking is an action, but you can attack twice in a turn, so sneaking and then attacking is fine.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 11:55:57 am »

CHAAAAAAAARGE!

Don't aggro the Janitor.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2017, 10:18:03 pm »

So for Project Slash, would you need a slashing type weapon?
((Bladed. So... yes. Like switchblades. This disadvantage is balanced out by the advantage that it projects a slash of a bladed weapon. If a flaming knife was used to Project Slash, it'd probably shoot a flaming slash.))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2017, 02:33:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2017, 04:03:25 pm »

Announcement/Conclusion

Hey y'all, thank you for participating in this test game. The only regret I have is being more expedient when it came to declaring that it had come to an end, probably a premature end for most of you.
Thanks to what I have learned from this game, I will be incorporating new features from this experiment into the next incarnation of my Wikipedia Wars series of games, which some of you may be familiar with. As a consolation for your participation (and perhaps disappointment) in this game, everyone in the current player list and waitlist will have a preferred spot in this said Wikipedia game, should you choose to sign up. Even if you don't get into the initial playerlist for this game, I'll bump you to the top of the Waitlist. (Only one time though! I don't want the new faces to think I'm setting up some sort of favortist system.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7