Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC  (Read 13719 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC
« Reply #211 on: May 20, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

C,B

Wait, we went looking for a energy source. the thing got us signals. If we take it we might have to deal with the god king ourselves without the Aztec meat-shield. What if the thing has a kind of tracker?

Use our probably superior guerrilla knowledge.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 21, 2017, 10:31:37 pm »

In the end, you opt for setting out as a smash and grab. Nothing stopping you from coming back, but you'd like to avoid going completely quagmire with the natives.

Late October, 2017

You sent in the crates of Kalashnikovs almost a week ago, and you've been waiting to get the all-clear from your scouts before sending in your assault force. Avoiding a second disastrous ambush was quite high on your list of priorities.

The gate opens for four seconds at 3:14 PM, just long enough to give the signal for you to move in. Five minutes later, three Hawkei vehicles and a force of nearly thirty men disappear through the gate.

4*

Your men make radio contact with your scouts and the translator leading the resistance. Initial news is encouraging. While nearly completely untrained with the new weapons, it turns out that thirty miners with old soviet assault weapons can still overwhelm a pair of guards. Apparently the miners had a rather touching spiritual moment with one of the dead guards, until your translator succeeded in moving the man's helmet.

The natives did NOT react well to finding out that the helmets were just helmets, and not actual eagle heads. You're probably going to have to ask your translator how the hell they knew how to do that later.

As the miners rioted en-masse, the warriors fell back to the city, and specifically back into the Ziggurat. They make a stand on the steps of the Ziggurat, which is when your troops manage to engage.

4*

Approximately a dozen guards held ground on the steps for a surprisingly long time. The armor developed by Dr. North is less effective than hoped. It protects vehicles well enough, but it's hit or miss with the infantry version. You lose too many people, but your superior weight of numbers and directed fire kills more of them. They're down to less than a half-dozen men in armor on the steps when a pair of gilded shapes whizz out from inside the ziggurat.

The warriors with full wings and guilded armor can definitely fly. And they have bombs.

7*
0*

The warriors fly directly towards the sun, forcing your men and the revolutionaries to fire at targets they can barely see.

The revolutionaries don't do well. Familiar dark objects drop down into their ranks, and the resulting explosions tear them apart. Ensuing panic fire generates dozens of additional casualties as the idiots hold their triggers down as they fall. It's an unmitigated disaster, and a stark example of why you don't give untrained people guns.

Your soldiers on the other hand, are prime examples of why good soldiers can do. The SG teams manning the top guns on the Hawkei vehicles somehow manage to shoot the grenades out of the air in a hail of automatic weapons fire, and the rest of the soldiers who had the good sense to wear sunglasses take pot shots at the warriors while they're still on the wing.

After a protracted burst of assault fire, two shapes slam into the ground and disintegrate into fireballs.

The remaining warriors retreat into the Ziggurat, pursued by the (admittedly severely diminished) horde of revolutionaries. Your men stop to rescue their bound comrades and task one of drivers to get them back through the gate while the others hook up tow cables to the remaining vehicles before advancing into the Ziggurat itself.

The natives are busy playing cat and mouse with the remaining few warriors, but trace that your team is following takes them on a different path. The interior of the ziggurat seems intentionally designed to confuse, and it seems painfully plain and rough compared to what you'd expect of a God-King's home.

The time delay on the tactical link, combined with the twisting nature of the corridors, prevents you from issuing effective commands to your soldiers when they hit a sudden pocket of resistance. Thankfully, they pull through with minimal casualties, killing two more warriors defending a large, domed room well beneath the base of the ziggurat. It's bare stone, reinforced in places with thick columns. The source of the signature your scientists tracked is rather painfully clear. In the center of the room is a large construction of elegantly sculpted metal, deeply incised with curving lines. It's probably six or seven hundred pounds and bolted to the floor by. On one side there is an inset pane of crystal across which stream various symbols, below that is a series of triangular buttons that look strikingly like a keyboard.

Your tactical team leader naturally asks for a mission clarification.

A- Get a torch out of a Hawkei, cut this thing off the floor, and tow it back to the gate. Also, pick up some bodies on the way out.
B- Smash the bizarre Aztec computer, grab any parts that fall off, grab a couple corpses, and scram.
C- Well, your translator will probably want to take a look at this intact. Tell the team to grab some bodies and extract.
D- Fighting seems to be going well enough. Order your team leader to retask to help the revolution, we might be occupying after all...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:30:31 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 21, 2017, 10:46:03 pm »

uhhh

B or D

With so many revolutionaries dead we might want to step in and help?

D for now I guess.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 21, 2017, 10:46:59 pm »

D, who doesent love potential source of cheap meatshields? And afterall, it happened to us, why not do it to others?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2017, 10:52:52 pm »

We might also be able to give them some more training then point, press button, don't point at friends.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 21, 2017, 11:28:39 pm »

The natives did NOT react well to finding out that the helmets were chest helmets, and not actual eagle heads.[...]
Chest helmets?

You had fun writing all that, I believe. :P

Also...I'm STILL very wary but, is today or the next days the festival thing? Because the wariness is more along the lines of of "SURPRISE GOD KING" wiping our forces as detergent on the floor. (with our blood and other things)

D

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2017, 11:33:43 pm »

Chest helmets?

You see, and I swear this is true, everything I write is dictated to myself. There is a little person in my head who accepts this dictation and operates the fingers, but since I talk very quickly in my head, the little person occasionally hears me wrong and puts the wrong word in. For instance, 'chest' and 'just' are remarkably similar in sound, and he got a bit confused.

In all seriousness, I'm much more likely to throw in a similar sounding word than just make a normal typing. I don't know why.

EDIT: Oh the irony of this edit.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 11:48:44 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2017, 11:38:01 pm »

Chest helmets?

You see, and I swear this is true, everything I write is dictated to myself. There is a little person in my head who accepts this dictation and operates the fingers, but since I talk very quickly in my head, the little person occasionally hears me wrong and puts the wrong word in. For instance, 'chest' and 'just' are remarkably similar in sound, and he got a bit confused.

In all seriousness, I'm much more likely to through in a similar sounding word than just make a normal typing. I don't know why.
Love you too Draig. :P
I was just wondering what that was describing as there are a lot of localized terms of items and objects--but that never rang a bell here. I then assumed it was a 'carved out chest...of a real torso, but then with feathers', so that sorta explained the aghast reaction of the people.
And yes, that little person is your thoughts. I have one too. It is why I am so silly and my words are like Starfire. [/TeenTitansReference]
*ahem*
I can fully relate with you there though. I never knew how that would feel until I noticed how experiences jive.
As a total aside, I can imagine how 'little time' went in training those revolutionaries from a very-concerned-translator. :-[
She must've rolled a 6.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2017, 11:47:06 pm »

Chest helmets are best helmets.

B
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2017, 04:36:15 am »

Once we defeat the warriors we can take whatever we want. Look out for traps though, always let the worthless natives revolutionaries go first.

D

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2017, 06:08:07 am »

Wait, I'll be shifting my vote because we (at least, my idea of what we know) don't...really know this place at all. Just that 'our portal leads to empire and D: God King!)

And this may just be one major city and/or we have no idea as to the topography of the surrounding place?

B
Because Haspen posts are humorously wise. :P

But I feel that if when we are successful, this'll create more than just our objectives in implications in the future.
If we have angered a God King, hopefully whatever happens doesn't cross-track our portal running.

That and I've no context or idea about Stargate so I may just be speculating freely. :P and hopefully not giving Draig more dangerous deadly killy ideas

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2017, 09:30:41 am »

Because we might not work well against the god. And tech.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2017, 10:58:16 am »

Since the artifact is too damn big to take, and the fight is going well, you order the tactical team to assist the revolutionaries.

5*

There aren't that many of the eagle headed bastards left, but they fight like five times their number due to their knowledge of the Ziggurat's cramped tunnels. Flushing them out is a process that the revolutionaries just aren't equipped to do.

Your men step in to pick up the slack, pushing the armored warriors deeper and making use of their own grenades. It's a slow fight, and your gate connection times out twice while they're working, but your men finally manage to clear the Ziggurat.

Despite massive losses, the natives still cheer as your soldiers rope the last dead alien warrior onto a Hawkei. Apparently being sacrificed periodically and used as slaves chafes after a while, and even the dozens of bodies scattered around (and in) the Ziggurat cannot damp their enthusiasm for freedom.

Inside the Ziggurat, you men discover the massive cache of minerals shipped over from the mines. There's several tons stockpiled here, and there's something very peculiar about the shape and composition of the larger chunks. Dr. North in particular, watching the command screens from behind you, begins leaning forward and muttering incomprehensible science things when the tactical leader shows a zoomed in view of the material.

Maria, your translator, was wounded by a stray bullet, but a couple bandages and a good painkiller make her mobile. She's a bit horrified at how many people just died, but not in any immediate danger. She gets a direct line to you while the field medic is treating her, providing you with a rather critical update that she didn't get in time to relay to the scouts.

While making sure the natives knew enough about guns to not shoot themselves (an apparently failed endeavor), she was also working with them to try and figure out more about their culture and how the God-King played into it. Apparently, on the Feast, he brings them everything they don't produce- medicine, clothing, metal tools, etc. and takes away the ore and excess food. This had lead to the hypothesis that there were other, more advanced settlements and the God-King was simply ferrying goods between area- a trade baron.

Now she's not so sure. It took a while to get the concept across, particularly since a lack of beasts of burden in the old Aztec empire of Earth mean that the Nahuatl Maria learned is largely devoid of words for vehicle, but she's starting to think that the God-King has a... space faring vessel. From what she gathered, his vessel somehow lands on the Ziggurat itself, using it as a landing platform.

A- Evacuate everyone, take the bodies for research, steal the artifact and the ore, and get the hell out of dodge.
B- Steal everyone and everything that isn't nailed down,  then blow up the Ziggurat with Dr. North's improved RDX.
C- Steal the stuff, but leave the people. Their world, their problems.
D- Transport artifacts, bodies, and materials back to the gate, but start fortifying. This is an opportunity for grand theft starship, and that looks hella good on the resume.
---

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2017, 11:01:56 am »

...Stealing a ship which likely has no value to us while being incredibly dangerous?

D, Time to score Mephisto No.2 :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18