Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18

Author Topic: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC  (Read 13750 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2017, 09:07:17 pm »

Bx5

You argue to keep them artifact on base until your scientists can learn more, but agree to sending an immediate shipment of Brucinite.

More than one council member frowns deeply, and a quick argument develops. Eventually, they agree to your request. The ore is more important to have immediately, and, until it's understood fully, it would be better to have the artifact close to the gate where it can be ejected from the planet if... problems are discovered. However, you will be required to turn over control of the artifact on the next report period, unless you can provide significant extenuating circumstances.

"Now, onto the more difficult matter of the... hostilities you've managed to gather. Your reports on the P-7K-S005 event are disturbing. There is an alien race, with advanced technology, that may have captured ADF soldiers and scientists, and likely has learned the address to earth."

"Of less immediately pressing significance, there is the matter of the owners of the artifact on P-4Y-J886. The artifact did not seem damaged to your scientists. It is not unreasonable to assume that it's removal may have angered its owners, and the increased mining presence you've begun putting on the world -while doubtless valuable to us- will likely force us into a confrontation if the owners return."

"What are your plans to deal with these issues, going forward?"

As for the matter of the Aztecs...
A- "I stand by the traditional Australian policy: Fuck the Abos. They won't be a threat after I'm done with them."
B- "We will re-engage the situation shortly. If they allow a diplomatic situation, then we pursue that first. If force is the only language they understand, well, we're already developing technology for just that eventuality."
C- "Our gate room has been heavily reinforced, and they have shown no desire to mount an attack against us. We'll bar exploration, and kill them if they come to us."

As for the mining camp...
A- "I'd like to develop the base further. Anti-air, early detection systems, everything we need to make retaking the ore veins more costly than simply letting them be."
B- "We'll keep a steady diplomatic core on staff. I'm sure that, if the owner's arrive, we'll be able to work out a trade deal where we mine and pass along a cut of the ore to them."
C- "We'll perform emergency drills in order to make sure we can safely evacuate base personnel. In the event the owners return, we'll evacuate and reassess."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2017, 09:10:11 pm »

A, A
In our relentless pursuit for SUPERCONDUCTORS we shall roll over any who opposes our rule.
Also, cutting out peoples' hearts isn't a nice thing and I think it's somewhat understandable to react negatively.

...but there's a very large chance that most of the aboriginals hostile combatants are actually in some kind of slave-based relationship with a real enemy.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2017, 09:12:12 pm »

B B

Lets keep sending diplomats to their deaths.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2017, 09:28:45 pm »

There is an alien race, with advanced technology, that may have captured ADF soldiers and scientists, and likely has learned the address to earth.
I'm feeling like knowing a StarGate context is a lot more valuable than it seems here.
Like for example: The background culture, the tech and its possibilities, etc.

Also Kree.

B, B
We're not going warmongering with things we don't understand.
Also we're not sure that our diplomacy is something they'd understand either but we've to try.
And if it fails, THEN we burn it all. :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:58:06 pm by Tiruin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2017, 09:29:09 pm »

C, A because we may well want to be reasonable.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2017, 09:30:52 pm »

I don't care too much about the first option but I definitely think A is the best option for the mining camp.

Our people got their hearts cut out when they tried to talk with the locals. Would anyone like that react kindly if they saw a mining camp full of people intruding on their land? Next thing you know, our next shipment of ore will actually just be crates of human hearts. Reinforcement works fine, and evacuation also works. But just trying the same thing that already failed horribly is a bad idea.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2017, 09:47:24 pm »

C,A
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2017, 10:49:26 pm »

I don't care too much about the first option but I definitely think A is the best option for the mining camp.

Our people got their hearts cut out when they tried to talk with the locals. Would anyone like that react kindly if they saw a mining camp full of people intruding on their land? Next thing you know, our next shipment of ore will actually just be crates of human hearts. Reinforcement works fine, and evacuation also works. But just trying the same thing that already failed horribly is a bad idea.
Meaning culture. :P
The heart cutting was a thing in Aztec culture (and...is also why most peoples hated them and joined the Spanish 500 or so...)
But we're not even sure if this was something 'just left there' or something 'already left there because their predecessors really left' or something.

I'm voting for the diplomatic thing because we don't know this context. Shoring it up with defenses (I mean this could be implied anyway but as a second priority to our diplomatic 1st) just gives off the impression of militaristic pointyness.

Edited to B, A. Because a lacking defense wouldn't help if diplomatic efforts fail anyway.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 10:57:53 pm by Tiruin »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2017, 11:26:40 pm »

A, A
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:55:24 pm by ZBridges »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2017, 11:36:23 pm »

BA
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 16, 2017, 12:32:29 am »

B1x3
A2X7

You inform your council of your intent to re-engage and resolve the threat on P-7K-S005, and of your desire to reinforce the Brucinite mining outpost.

1, 5*

There's a noticeable coldness at the notion that you might end up with a diplomatic solution to the Aztec problem. Apparently the mood in the room was less in favor of reasonable resolution and more leaning towards "Kill 'em all and let God sort them out". They do perk up considerably at your desire to reinforce the mining complex and turn it into a proper camp. They approve your plans almost immediately, and promise to provide additional manpower and funding to man the expanded facilities.

"Now that the front matter is out of the way, it's time to get down to brass tacks. You'll have the men and equipment to fortify the mining site, but we still need to work out the dispensation of assets for the next operating cycle. What do you need?"

Staffing: 3
Approval: 3
Tech: 3
Funding: 3
Strength: 2

Your meeting went better then expected! You get 3 points you can split between,
A- Staffing
B- Funding
C- Strength
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 16, 2017, 12:47:47 am »

Two strength, 1 funding is my vote.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 16, 2017, 12:50:42 am »

2 in Staffing and 1 in Funding is mine. Reasoning is gears must be well oiled for better productivity overall, and our strength, as I assume, is on an offensive basis rather than a defensive. We can up that in the next years anyway but I don't see any use for it at the moment unless we conduct battle.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 16, 2017, 01:52:38 am »

Two Points to strength, one point to staffing. We need to claw back from our losses.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 16, 2017, 07:20:45 am »

2 Funding, 1 staffing
Funding is the most important part of any research.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18