Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC  (Read 13726 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2017, 03:47:02 am »

A

We should get our guys out before that supposed feast. They might be sacrificed just then.
Also, have biological samples of the area been brought back?

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2017, 06:50:17 am »

Love you too, S34N1C :)

A
Hooray for assuming the translation team lived \o/

It definitely feels like the survivors won't last forever. I think they'll probably die eventually from either exposure or being sacrificed; for all we know they could just be waiting to get sacrificed. We almost definitely can wait a bit (worst case scenario 1 of them dies) but we should act soon.
Just noting that.
I fully agree. This was one impression I've had in mind too--we should really prep up a team, and I've been leaning on "B" for a good time before writing "A" because we can glean a lot more info from B, although...it may be very obvious unless we either roll good or our agent is good.

Also betting due to reading Aztec culture that they're the 'crowning' bits of the party.
Heh, whoopsie

C
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 17, 2017, 10:32:28 am »

(Also, I totally messed up planet designations on the last turn. Bleh. P-4Y-J886= Tundra with mining facility. P-7K-S005 = Aztec Base)

Late September, 2017

Dr. North finally has a working prototype for the anti-energy Hawkei vehicle armor. Unlike the replacement SAPI plates given to infantry, the Hawkei is a robust enough vehicle that the additional armor plates can, for the most part, be bolted on top. The increase in resistance to physical damage is minimal, and a good wreck will still shatter most of the armor panels, but they seem functional- if completely untested against the weapons they're meant to stop.

Your scout on P-7K-S005 returns with good news! The head translator, Maria Mali, of the original team apparently managed to escape custody, and she's been kicking around with the natives with the intent of inciting a revolt.

Apparently the natives do speak a version of Nahuatl, plus or minus a lot of lingual drift, and thus communication, while occasionally involving a bit of pantomime, is possible. She's got maybe seventy people who are definitely on her side and ready to riot, and thinks that a large chunk of city would join them if fighting went to the streets. Their weapons are limited to sticks and simple tools, but they have a definite numerical advantage.

According to Maria, these people are ruled by a God King who visits the city periodically and picks up offerings of ore and crystal from the mines, food from the farms, and a selection of the most beautiful men and women. He stays for a few days, during which there is a great feast, and then leaves again. Due to the difficulty she's had getting the exact route of the God King.

The ideal time for the riot, Maria thinks, is just before the feast, which should start (with a bit of rough time translation) at the end of October.

A- Plan on assisting the riot at the end of the month
B- Ask Maria (by proxy) to try and suppress the riot. A strike team will do better if there aren't a bunch of random people running around the streets.
C- Ask Maria to wait until the actual feast. You'd rather deal with this 'God King' decisively.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 17, 2017, 12:12:11 pm »

A, try to smuggle some weapons into the town too so people won't have to fight with sticks.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 17, 2017, 01:46:13 pm »

A Deal with the god king after taking over the city.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2017, 01:49:00 pm »

A

He can get an offering of lead this year.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2017, 01:51:36 pm »

B They can help us once we get our men back and the god king is dead.  Arming untrained people and having them riot is a recipe for disaster.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 17, 2017, 03:37:30 pm »

A

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2017, 03:45:30 pm »

You tell your scouts to promise assistance before the end of next month. You'll need a little bit of time to work out how much you can lend in terms of combat resources, but you'll have it ready soon.

Early October, 2017

3to6

As promised, the off-world mining boss has a new shipment of ore, if a small one, sent to the SGC at the start of October. Reinforcement has been going well, and aside from a minor coffee shortage, the base is doing fine.

1to2

Nothing remotely interesting turns up while investigating new worlds. You do lose a couple of exploration drones to a Stargate apparently set in orbit around a planet instead of on the planet surface, but the other worlds are either barren or of minimal interest.

Uninteresting alien worlds. Huh. Not words you expected to be thinking last year.

You're working on seeing what kind of weapons you can get quickly, and in bulk, to outfit the Aztec natives with when your secretary informs you that the leader of SG-2, Alex Wit, and Dr. North would both like to have a word with you.

A- Dr. North first before he sets fire to the waiting room
B- Alex Wit first before he drinks the scotch meant for visiting politicians
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 04:01:25 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »

A

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

B

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2017, 04:44:54 pm »

A, I'd rather not have to deal with any fires :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2017, 04:57:40 pm »

A If he set fire to the waiting room the alcohol will be gone too.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 18, 2017, 11:18:43 am »

Dr. North wants a favor. He has a colleague who is working at one of the off-site facilities still tasked to the Stargate project. Said colleague has been making excellent progress in developing the raw Brucinite into a stable gunpowder additive that greatly increases both efficiency and power. However, said colleague has had several... setbacks.

Notably, he's been facing allegations of misconduct for accidentally lighting a stripper on fire. Considering the influence you, as the SGC's commanding officer, have over what personnel are considered essential, he'd like you to step in and protect said colleague- purely so that he can continue his work.

A- Accept
B- Refuse
---

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:57 am »

A

An honest mistake, could happen to anyone!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18