Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC  (Read 13752 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: SpamGate: General Grigorian Longwynnfellych of the Australian SGC
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2017, 04:24:10 am »

A
"HEY WE GOT SUPERCONDUCTERS a few guys got their hearts cut out BUT HEEEY SUPERCONDUCTOOORS"
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:31:03 am by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2017, 04:29:27 am »

Also, "triannual report"? A report every three years?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2017, 07:24:05 am »

Also, "triannual report"? A report every three years?

No, that's a triennial report.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2017, 12:23:45 pm »

Eccentricities of Engrish aside...

Ax6

You commence immediate upscaling of mining operations.  It'll take a little bit to get back up to full production, but you immediately start moving the current ore stockpiles through the gate and back into the SGC vaults.

First of September, 2017

You meet with the current supervisory board for Stargate command in the penthouse of the SGC building. There are many glowering faces, reading through the activity reports of the last four months with sour expressions.

General Lachlan is there, his expression carefully disapproving .You've undoubtedly furthered his career quite a bit with the debacle on P-7K-S005. It made his strategy of sitting on his hands collecting blades of grass from other worlds look positively ingenious.

You secretary brings you the current report of SGC assets.

Staffing: 3
Approval: 1
Tech: 4
Funding: 2
Strength: 2

It's not pretty. The establishment of the offworld mining site, combined with the loss of the translation team,  their security detail, the search and rescue groups, the Hawkei vehicles assigned to them, and the gate room security has knocked a gaping hole in your staffing, funding, and security strength. However, you have managed to gain a substantial chunk of new technology, and a stable source of alien ore.

Time will only tell if that can be used to offset the... speedbumps your command has had so far.

"General Longwinrfl..." The first council member begins, trying to pronounce your name and failing miserably. "General. The council is perturbed by the reports we've received, and we begin to doubt the wisdom of assigning you to this post. Personally, I would like to hear your interpretation of recent events before we proceed."

A - "The program has achieved its first real success under my command. We've gained alien technology, discovered new mineral wealth that could herald a quantum leap forward in various sciences, and we've conclusively proven the existence of intelligent life outside Earth. Because of my actions and the actions of my team, history will remember that Australia spearheaded the greatest discoveries of the new millennium!"
B - "There have been setbacks, lives lost, but we are reaching into the heart of the unknown. I feel the loss of every man, but we should not delude ourselves into believing that this new horizon of man without sacrifices. I admit, mistakes were made, but we intend to learn from those errors and move forward to capitalize on our successes."
C - "Yes, it's been a shitshow to start off with, but this is due primarily to the lax state of the soldiers left behind by the previous administration. General Lachlan's laziness and willingness to send his soldiers on missions literally consisting of flower picking has damaged the SGC's operational capacity. Were this facility battle ready when I received it, things would have been very different."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2017, 12:26:09 pm »

B. Lets not sound silly and/or piss off our boss.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 15, 2017, 12:41:08 pm »

B

Was tempted with A though. Really tempted.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 15, 2017, 12:41:34 pm »

B

Let's avoid using the term "quantum leap" at all costs.

Let's also not personally attack a member of the board.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 15, 2017, 02:04:24 pm »

Heads nod around the table as you speak, most looking somewhat mollified by your humility in admitting fault but impressed by your resolve to press forward.

"On the subject of successes, we would like to make particular note of your discovery on the planet designated P-4Y-J886. The mineral alien scanner recovered is of particular interest to several of our off-site research divisions. We wish to reverse engineer the scanner and develop an apparatus to scan for Brucinite on Earth. Furthermore, our research divisions would like you to transfer one hundred kilograms of the raw ore to the same facilities. Will this be a problem?"

A- Agree to fulfill both requests immediately.
B- Send the ore, but argue that you should keep the scanner.
C- Send the scanner, but keep your current stockpile of ore for Dr. North to work on.
D- As C, but promise to send the next ore shipment you get from the mining facilities.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:54:40 pm by Draignean »
---

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 15, 2017, 02:31:53 pm »

I would go with B, but I really wish we could change that argument to something along the lines of "we need to do a little bit more research on the scanner to make sure there arent any other... unfortunate effects caused by it, like it acting as an interstellar beacon or something."
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 15, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »

I would go with B, but I really wish we could change that argument to something along the lines of "we need to do a little bit more research on the scanner to make sure there arent any other... unfortunate effects caused by it, like it acting as an interstellar beacon or something."

Fair point. Stock argument deleted. Argument as you wish.
---

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 15, 2017, 02:34:29 pm »

B

They get the ore, we keep the means to procure it.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 15, 2017, 02:52:20 pm »

We already have the means to produce it. We have the scan information and the mining site. It just means we can't expand production. If they find it on earth and start a brucinite industry, that won't matter though. We will have a domestic supply.

C
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 15, 2017, 03:04:18 pm »

If I made an autonomous scanning tool, I would have it send out a signal to me on the data it recovers.

Let's not have it track them back to Earth.  The Aztec shit was a big enough disaster.

Until we know more about who owns this probe we should not send it to Earth.

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 15, 2017, 05:31:10 pm »

B if they want to reverse engineer it faster send more people to us. Bringing an not fully understood device to earth might screw things.

But give the ore as we need a bit of approval.
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2017, 09:05:04 pm »

Heads nod around the table as you speak, most looking somewhat mollified by your humility in admitting fault but impressed by your resolve to press forward.
I like this mark of personality! :D

Is this the time we throw in the SUPERCONDUCTORS marketing? :P

B
Still in prototype phase. Improving to real phase is best.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18