Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC (DEAD)  (Read 6743 times)

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2017, 03:10:11 pm »

((Issue is the "flaw" is a benefit either way you slice it. I know Poisoner is definitely going to get a rewrite in the future, but it functions almost exactly the same as the alchemist "One aspect of its use that is dangerous to the user".

Distinct Taste on the other hand. That is perfect for something like this. ))
((Thanks, sorry, corrected to a distinct taste that might give us away.))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 17, 2017, 06:25:37 pm »

You all head out, hopefully all the wiser. It is night but the moon illuminates all with its pale glow. Most of the town are resting for the night, trying to feel safe and secure as you skulk about.

Meanwhile the Watch sits down and explains amongst them recent developments. Though you are not here to experience the meeting, the ramifications make its way all the way to your eat.

"And when we returned the house was broken into from the outside. The window, no the wall, just completely destroyed"
"And the suspect?"
"Gone, no sign of a struggle"
"I think it is safe to say with the taxes being moved that the underworld is beginning to stir"
"Certainly they aren't planning on stealing said taxes"
"It is possible, or more likely they are using it as a cover to plan heists around the same time"
"Checkmate"
"Sir?"
"A knight's charge is not halted by pawns alone"

Heat Increases by 5. Current heat 14/30. Serious threats are being laid against you.

---

Legwork phase begins

Crew remaining:
-Smokey
-Francis
-The Maid
-Billy West
-Vera Weston

Anyone may now start their Legwork.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:35:47 pm by Neonivek »

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2017, 02:57:41 am »

Billy could feel tension in the air. He knew from the start of this endeavor that he was going to hate this, but counting down the hours in his head would only make him more anxious, even if he could see the very same thoughts written on the faces of his "allies". And sometimes it felt like it was written on the faces of passing citizens, of the watchmen that he deftly avoided out of pure habit. The city itself was waiting with baited breath.

He headed out, and put together a guise that would be right at home on the docks, tugging along on a little boat. A boat he didn't have yet. To subdue people who haven't been poisoned yet. He sighed, and hoped the other would pull through with their ends. That he wouldn't have to be "Plan B".
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2017, 05:01:12 pm »

Success! Billy manages to cobble together a convincing disguise. Though there is a rather sizable difference between looking the part and acting the part.

---

Remaining Crew
-Smokey
-Francis
-The Maid
-Vera Weston
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:49:56 am by Neonivek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2017, 07:26:04 pm »

In another part of the town, a man named Robert Shinbite was going to the docks to buy a lot of rope. When questioned about his purchasing decision, he told the clerk about his involvement in the manufacture of a new Cog that was commissioned by a Mr. Stauton. He needed the rope for the sails.

Of course all of that was a lie. Despite wearing clothes that made him fit in among the docks and merchant district pretty well, Robert Shinbite was no one other than the magnificent Francis Callaghan in disguise. Though Mr. Stauton was a real, albeit obscure noble.

Regardless of the legitimacy of the man who was buying the rope, no one could question the value of the money that was being offered. Rope wasn't an expensive commodity so Francis saw no reason to cheat the man out of his hard earned cash. This did mean that he would have to cut down a little on his disguise budget in the future though.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2017, 01:44:45 am »

(Success! No Boons Rolled) The Merchant doesn't see much reason to suspect you and you do pay for just enough rope as to not be suspicious.

He places a coil of what, to you, 50 feet of rope. Then another coil of 25 feet of rope. Finally places another coil of 40 feet of rope. You would take that as combined but it seems that each of these ropes are of different sizes and consistencies.

You walk out of the shop carrying over 100 feet of thin rope before he stops you. "Sir you forgot the Halyard!"

As he places 50 feet of rope once more down three more times. Adding another 150 feet of rope.

The weight is starting to become somewhat noticeable as twenty pounds of rope hangs off your shoulder.

You managed to find 250 feet of thin hemp rope, it is a modest rope which could definitely restrain or carry a person for a time. Yet it would be rather poor for doing so to an entire ship.

However you do not have enough on you, even if you spent less, you might be able to pawn off the Silver.

"Thank you for your patronage"

---

Remaining crew
-Smokey
-The Maid
-Vera Weston
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 02:38:54 am by Neonivek »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2017, 02:25:15 am »

"Oh sir, I appreciate your offer of all of these fine ropes but the truth is, we already have most of these. The only reason why I'm here at all is due to a bookkeeping error that caused us to assume that we had more rope than we actually did. I'm just trying to replace the missing amount."

Hopefully, that would be a sufficient explanation for why he was only buying 50ft feet of rope. Though he does mourn the loss of the thin 250ft hemp rope, buying it would conflict with his shipwright story and would cost the group too much money.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:35 pm »

((I'm not sure if you are still doing Heydude's scene or not, so ignore this if you arn't done :X))

Is there a better place to discuss boats than on the water? Smokey attempts to use his Family contacts to get him a meeting with someone who can lend them a boat-a meeting taking place in the cabin of said person's luxury Gondola. He brought a box of expensive cigars as an offering, with one removed for "Quality insurance".

"We just need to borrow a boat for a couple a' hours. The guards shouldn't have nothin' that can poke a hole in one of em, so we can bring 'em back smelling like roses."

((Alright, changing it as requested, since I can get one for 1 influence with my abilities  :P. Now just need to think of what to change it to.)).

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:55:29 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2017, 12:50:54 am »

Smokey decided to go on a nice ride down a little place called "The Canyon". He maps out the canal in his head, thinking of a path that goes through it without looking suspicious. The then prepares a pack of cigarettes and calls a taxi-a Family affiliated one if possible. He then spends the night scoping out the area, the light of a cigarette constantly in his hand.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2017, 01:06:54 am »

(61: Failure) You manage to case the joint all night but you can't seem to get much information from it. You get desperate, if you break your cover and move closer to the canal you might be able to uncover something. Yet you know it is impossible to do so without looking suspicious, so you might get caught.

Do you wish to spend 20 luck to frantically search the Canyon?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2017, 01:10:54 am »

I already got us in enough trouble. Smokey tosses the last cigarette of the pack into the canal and goes home for the night.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2017, 01:15:15 am »

In spite of this Smokey manages to gather a small piece of information on his way home. Perhaps not vital, but every little bit helps.

---

Remaining Crew
-The Maid
-Vera Weston

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2017, 07:11:31 pm »

Vera spends the night working on a second dose of the same poison, and its antidote, tinkering and testing it on rats from her own home in the commoner district. ((Closed, not that that really needs saying.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 08:21:57 pm by Cain12 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2017, 02:05:37 am »

Vera concocts some additional vials of poison and antidote at home.

---

Remaining crew:
-The Maid

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2017, 06:14:01 pm »

Anne continues to stake out the depository, mostly focusing on the administrative branch. Are there any unguarded entrances? Anywhere a burglar could slip in another night? If there's an opening, the Maid will attempt to slip in, and do a bit of... hands-on recon.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7