Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC (DEAD)  (Read 6742 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2017, 06:28:11 am »

Anne gathered up her things and headed out to run some errands-at least, to give that impression. She needed to do a little shopping, so it would make for a convenient cover to case the Depository. She didn't much like to break into places without at least having some sort of plan. She looks to understand the external security of the Depository, specifically around the administrative section.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2017, 05:55:20 pm »

(Success) Anne walks around the Depository using her excellent skills to ensure she won't be caught. At the corner of her eye she spots something, an entrance of some sort.

Sneaking around you see a private canal entrance that runs through a secure checkpoint into the side of the treasury. Gondolas can depart or arrive through this private canal to make the transport of large amounts of valuables more secure it seems. The Armored Gondola will definitely use this internal dock.

---

With that the day comes to an end. You are all fully rested and have gone at quite a clip.

You have played it safe, prioritizing the success of the job over winning any accolades for bold behavior. You have discovered two possible avenues to attack the Armored Gondola, you have a member of your crew successfully become a plant within the Depository, and you have earned the trust and aid of a skilled alchemist.

In spite of this your enemies have managed to throw a bit of a wrench in your proceedings and have gained a few leads against you. They suspect Vera as a criminal element, they also now strongly suspect criminal activities, as well the populous is starting to clue in. You know that as the days move closer to the heist that more resources will be pitted against you.

---

It is Nighttime as the day cools and a chill fills the air. It is a cloudless night with a large ominous moon that grins over you.

You have a lot to discuss and new avenues of exploration. This is as good a time as any to get aligned.

Planning Phase: Time Limit 3 days. Players may voluntarily put the planning phase to an end early at anytime.

Any player may now describe the meeting spot, if not we can just assume it is the old one.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 04:51:32 am by Neonivek »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2017, 11:42:11 am »

((Should try for the influence in future, but isn't worth losing more planning time.))

Vera hosts the next meeting from a "humble abode" put nicely, a small apartment in the commoner district, the landowner lending it to her for the night. It is a cramped space, loose wooden floors, peeling wallpaper, with little more than 3 rooms, bedroom, bathroom, and a living room with a "walk in kitchen" in the corner. A single window has had its curtains pulled closed.

The "kitchen's" single counter and stove has been cleared with various tools from Vera's poisoner kit laid out waiting to be used. The group is gathered loosely around an old dining table in the living room, a map is placed on it, various knickknacks sitting on it to represent relevant locations of the heist.

"So..we're all caught up, what are our plans for the night? I thinking I will spend it away from sight, given the complications encountered acquiring Mr Abadi. Probably make some poison for the guards. Mr Callaghan, tell me if you decide you want something to help influence your new boss or co-workers, or put them out of commission.

We discussed dropping a bridge on the gondola, we have a bridge, maybe we should have Mr Abadi make something that could weaken the supports? Could seal off the route, maybe take out the gondola, but would draw an awful amount of attention.
"

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2017, 01:15:19 pm »

"No thank you Vera, I don't want to do anything too suspicious on my first day."

Francis then turns to the map and starts pointing at locations as he mentions them.

"As for the bridge, well I did consider dropping a bridge in the past, but I don't think we need to anymore. This 'Canyon' Billy is talking about sounds fascinating. If we could get access to some of the buildings that overlook the place, we could just shoot the guards from the windows and knock them out that way.  Blowdarts would likely be the weapon of choice, though what kind of poison? We don't want to kill the guards after all...

"The only problem is that civilians would probably notice the guards and gondoliers passing out. Though they won't notice it as much as a collapsing bridge, something should still be done."

Francis pauses to think..

"How about this: we lace those darts with an asphyxiating poison that prevents them from breathing and speaking. The guards will panic. After all, we did give them a lethal dose of poison. While they're in distress and vainly trying to scream, we row up to them and explain their situation and how screwed they are. We'll then offer them an antidote if they abandon the gondola and get into our boat. If they comply, we'll tie them up with ropes, gag them, and only then give them the antidote. With the guards and drivers gone, the gondola will be ours."

Having explained everything to his satisfaction, Francis drinks a glass of water.

"What I like about this plan is that as far as the civilians are concerned, they're just seeing guards getting off the gondola and into another boat. Our boat will have to have a cabin though, so the civilians don't see what we do to the guards after they're inside."

Francis continues sipping his water, obviously curious to hear the group's opinion on yet another one of his harebrained schemes.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2017, 02:33:14 am »

Billy rubbed his chin as Francis spoke.

"You'd have to be a crack shot to hit from that range, and you'd have to have four crack shots to get everyone before someone screams. I'm confident with my skills with my crossbow, or any other weapon. If three more can say the same, then it sounds like one of your more sane plans. But if not, then we need to try something else..."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2017, 03:51:40 am »

"It has promise, but the delivery question must have a better answer. I still like the idea of dosing them before they get on the Gondola. There's only one thing that could go wrong, as opposed to 4. I didn't study much more than my letters, but even I can tell that one if fewer than four."

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2017, 07:32:36 am »

"Good points all of you, it would be better to dose them before they get on the gondola rather than after. Perhaps I can use my position within the company to find out the identity of the guards. Then poisoning them will be as simple as slipping something into their morning breakfast.

"Still, I won't be able to start work until tomorrow so perhaps it would be a good idea to discuss what we're gonna do tonight. Since I'm free, I can assist you guys with whatever you may be doing, perhaps whip up a disguise, forge a fake document, maybe provide a distraction?

"It probably would be a good idea to secure a boat though, don't you think?"
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2017, 12:20:57 pm »

"I can secure a boat if we need one. The Family is well connected in that regard."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »

ptw
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2017, 04:50:57 pm »

"Suit yourself, probably for the best not to add unnecessary complications when your looking to lie low. I'm with the general direction of the plan, get a boat, have it nearby, poison the guards in such a way that they can't/won't call for help, hope they value their lives over the crown's money. Agree with Anne, poisoning them before in a more discrete manner might be better.

Blackmail or bribery should remain a consideration, a man on the boat could deliver the poison and/or threat to them for us, tell them where to take the boat, we pick up the boat, they get off, get their antidote, we take the boat the rest of the way. Not that I'd recommend putting all that on one man to do, but you get the idea.

So for tonight, I'm making poison, Smokey could find a boat we can use, someone could get a better look at the canyon, maybe check out the best route from it to the warehouse in the slums?
" ((Some of these might be better daytime activities?))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 16, 2017, 09:08:41 pm »

Time starts sifting away as you try to come to a consensus, no closer to figuring anything out than you were before. Yet could you glean enough to decide what to do?

Less than a day remaining for planning!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2017, 12:11:29 am »

"Slipping it into their breakfast sounds like a much better idea. Could you make something that has a delay to take effect, and then comes on suddenly?"

Billy thought about what to do as far as planning.

"I should keep away from any more scouting, lest someone recognize me. I kinda' stood out last time. I'll put together some kind of disguise, where I'd look proper on that boat that we need to procure. I'd like to be on the scene as a plan B just in case everything goes to shit when we do this."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:51 am »

"Also wouldn't mind being on the boat, I mean if there is nothing else that demands my attention on the day, would hate to be sitting on the sidelines if something went down. Will see what I can do."

Running low on time, Vera turns to her kit, attempting to prepare a poison as her allies described.

A slow acting poison, requiring roughly 30 minutes before taking any noticeable effect, sealing the victims airways, rendering effective yelling, speaking, and eventually breathing impossible within minutes. It is a liquid ingested. An antidote is also made alongside it, also a liquid ingested, which will gradually free the victims airways.
Of course no poison is without its flaws, this one has a rather distinct metalic taste, one that might give those who ingest it a sign their meal was tampered with for example.

Edit:Edited as suggested.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:11:07 pm by Cain12 »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2017, 10:52:33 am »

"Well, I'm glad we're finally coming up with a solid plan. If no one wants my help, I think tonight I will dress up as a shipwright and buy some rope to tie up the guards with. Unless you would rather have me explore the Canyon a little more. I can go almost anywhere without being suspicious"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2017, 02:49:48 pm »

((Issue is the "flaw" is a benefit either way you slice it. I know Poisoner is definitely going to get a rewrite in the future, but it functions almost exactly the same as the alchemist "One aspect of its use that is dangerous to the user".

Distinct Taste on the other hand. That is perfect for something like this. ))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7