Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC (DEAD)  (Read 6745 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neonivek's Dusk City Outlaws: The Canal Job IC
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 06:43:07 pm »

(Spending heat: 4, Total: 3)

It should have been easy, it should have been a simple matter of finding the alchemist and convincing him to help. Yet something now stands in your way, something you didn't expect.

Three loud knocks on the Alchemist's safehouse "Abbad Abadi open this door at once, under orders of the crown we will investigate this abode and question its occupants" as two Watchmen dressed in uniform stand outside your intended Alchemist's door. "We know you are in there!" as you hear scurrying from behind the door as someone who was inside just went deeper.

It seems with the increasing tension as people prepare for the transfer of the taxes some members of the watch have been asked to put pressure on certain members of the cartels, possibly pinning small crimes on them to get them out of the way for the next few days. This Alchemist in particular has been somewhat active and is still resting off his heat from a previous Job, a prime target for this form of harassment.

The house is a two story abode made of with all the windows featuring large wooden shutters meant to keep people from peering inside the home, barely disguised as to look tasteful. The house looks fairly comfortable and upper scale for the commoner's district yet its level of disrepair suggests that it might have once been some sort of large boarding house for workers before becoming condemned and then fixed up. The White paint stained yellow with age. There is only one immediate entrance to the home being the front door. There is also a Chimney large enough for someone to climb down if they were desperate enough.

The goal
-You need to speak to the alchemist "Abbad Abadi" and convince him to work for you, should you be successful a point of influence must be spent to secure his services.

The Watchmen:
-Two watchmen are on the scene and they haven't spotted you yet. Should you be seen you would undoubtingly be questioned.
-They will end up breaking down the door and should they secure Mr. Abadi they would need to be dealt with directly through violence or intimidation.
-You can easily get around the house without being spotted without stealth being necessary, they won't be able to spot you.
-There is enough time to get in and out of the house without the Watchmen breaking in.

The Shutters
-The houses Shutters are not too, too difficult to remove. The issue is that they might make a bit of noise causing suspicion as long as the Watchmen remain.

The Chimney
-The Chimney is easily accessible and wouldn't produce a lot of noise. Though it is incredibly dangerous.

Abbad Abadi
-He is trapped inside and either cannot escape under his own power or has no way to do so without escalation.
-He is a member of the Forgotten, about the only Cartel who would take him, and comes from distant lands.
-It will take a point of Influence in order to secure his aid, after being convinced of course.

---

Crew On the Job:
-Smokey
-Vera

What is the plan?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:51:16 pm by Neonivek »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 08:05:42 pm »

"And here I thought it would be boring. How bout I try to lure them away, say I saw a foreigner holding some dangerous looking doohickey, while you get in there and chat him up? Ideally by the front door or shutters.

Or we could walk away, might be more trouble than it is worth for something we don't know we need.
"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 08:26:35 pm »

"Could probably get him away from here before chatting. Guards knocking on yer door tends to ruin the mood."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 09:03:35 pm »

"Good idea, he ought to be grateful to his rescuers as well."

Taking her partner's amendment as consent Vera enacted her part of the plan, attempting to lure the watchmen away from the building under the pretense of being a frightened woman who saw a fleeing foreigner carrying a strange device, which she fears could be dangerous. ((Would this be convince, distract, or lie to someone btw?))
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 09:05:21 pm by Cain12 »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2017, 09:17:33 pm »

Stirk what are you going to be doing while this is going on?

---

I'll say it is Distract, you are trying to be a convincing distraction for now and get them to approach you and leave the building regardless if they believe you. Should you attempt to make them act upon this rouse and leave to catch the crook, that is a Lie.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2017, 07:21:53 pm »

Oh, right.

Smokey enters through the front door, taking the shutters instead of its locked. Get Abadi out of the building and away from the watchmen, then convince him to work for us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2017, 07:40:22 pm »

Vera screams bloody murder towards the guards trying to get them to leave their perch (Distraction: 50 success) and indeed manages to get them to run away from the scene. "Maam, calm down. What is wrong?" they say as they try to calm down Vera.

Meanwhile Smokey fiddles with the handle of the door, finding it locked he quickly moves to the side and attempts to open a shutter. He notices it makes noise as he does so, this would be rather challenging to do if the guards weren't called away: (Break through Walls/doors: 71, Failure) suddenly he finds the shutters impossible to open, he might be able to attempt it if he throws caution to the wind and yanks with all his might! Or is this too risky?

---

Mechanics

Challenge Dice
Certain obstacles if left undealt with create Challenge Dice. The guards were they nearby would make opening the shutters more dangerous and would generate Challenge dice. Challenge dice do not affect whether or not an action succeeds but can represent negative side effects.

Pushing your luck
When an action fails you may spend your luck in bunches of 10s in order to increase your chance of success. Because Smokey rolled a 71 but has a 50 it means he would need to spend 30 luck in order to succeed at this roll. However, in addition to this one challenge dice is rolled for every 10 luck spent this way.

No more then 4 Challenge dice can ever be rolled, you cannot spend luck if it would increase the challenge dice above 4.

All luck is recovered if you spend a Legwork scene resting.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2017, 07:44:22 pm »

Lets push my luck! We have plenty of time to rest later anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2017, 08:12:05 pm »

(7, 9, 7: Three Drawbacks) A burst of strength and a force of muscle Smokey yells out and forces the shutter off its hinges splattering it across the floor and even managing to wreck part of the wall while he was at it. Not only did you attract a lot of undue attention, This is going to be overly obvious and when the Watchmen invariably come back to the scene of the crime they are going to outright suspect Vera and cannot be covered up. (Heat Generated: 6, Current: 9/30)

You do, however, manage to run inside as the frightened Alchemist recoils before you quickly and silently calm him down showing him to the large hole at the side of his building. The Alchemist quickly grabs his things as you both run.

Vera invariably lies to the Watchmen to get them off her case (Lie to someone: 15) and manages to escape as well without any undue duress.

Abbad Abadi thanks you and asks what this is about, you tell him about the job and he is particularly favorable to you. You both make your case but it is mostly Smokey who does the talking, Vera taking on a more of a Wingman role (Three Advantage Dice: One for saving him from the Watchmen, two for aiding).

(Convince Someone 80%: 41 success. Advantage Dice: 5, 6, 8 Three Boons rolled). He is overjoyed to be aiding you and you speak of the job fairly well. He tosses away his usual payment expressing how glad he is just to be part of your caper. He gives you his new hiding place and tells you that you can asks for anything there. He runs away.

Abbad Abadi is a rather foreign man with a thick accent and tan skin. He wears thick and layered overelaborate clothing all over his body and your instincts tell you this is to serve as a distraction for all the alchemy he has stashed inside his clothes. Yet the cheapness of the materials makes it quite obvious to you that he is more skilled with the sewing needle than he is at making money.

----

Crew Remaining:
-Smokey
-The Maid

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

((Can I spend The Maid's turn resting, or do I have to use up my legwork scene?))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2017, 08:31:28 pm »

((Can I spend The Maid's turn resting, or do I have to use up my legwork scene?))

((You must use your own Legwork scene))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2017, 08:44:24 pm »

I don't have anything planned, so Smokey will sit back and take a smoke break for his legwork scene.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2017, 09:11:38 pm »

Do you wish to delay it until the last Legwork segment incase you wish to join the Maids?
---

Remaining Legworks:
-The Maid

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

No, if I do join the Maid's I'll want to do it at full health.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2017, 09:42:36 pm »

Smokey stays at home smoking a box of Cigars, dousing it a thick smell of Tabaco.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7