Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Troglodyte attacked by 350 years old long dead king  (Read 3400 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troglodyte attacked by 350 years old long dead king
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 11:18:40 pm »

This thread title is hilarious, it reads like one of those tabloid titles.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 11:19:40 am »

Buzzmead
Fortress-politan (Magmapolitan?)
The Daily Dwarf
The National Liaison
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:23:10 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2017, 04:11:13 am »

That's exactly how i imagined it to sound when i created this thread :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:30:04 am by Nolimit »

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2017, 02:40:32 am »

Adventures of Reg Rashrovod the Hauler and Kubuk Lashgully the Action Figure continues!
I decided to make them the first gladiators of my newly built arena.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Reg arrived to the arena of Purple Glove of Melting (local gov). Spectators from all over the world gathered in dining room to watch.
The first opponent of Reg was Naked Mole Dog
Unfortunately there was no battle, so i opened the gate and killed creature with my military. After some cleaning next victim was delivered. One who Reg and Kubuk hated the most - Troglodyte Child.
While Reg immediately rushed into combat, Troglodyte decided to flee. Too bad, there is nowhere to run. After some chasing Troglodyte dodged into the magma and died. Again, it wasn't too exciting. So, I brought mother of that child in hope that she will want revenge.
Finally some actual fight. After some time her head was crushed and Reg started to clean arena floor and dumped corpse and teeth into the magma. The audience was terrified. Next opponent was Gorlak.
The same as with Naked Mole Dog, they just ignored each other. I just don't remember what creatures are aggressive and what are not. Next i delivered another Troglodyte.
This time Reg managed to completely destroy the upper body of poor Troglodyte. In total now he has three kills, two of them registered on his action figure and he is adequate misc object user.

My goal is to make him name his figurine. I save scummed a little bit to try other opponents, but most of the time they either ignore each other or Reg runs away. I have dozen of naked caged humans from goblin siege, but he always flees and eventually dies without even trying to hit them. I guess another good candidates would be crundles,  but right now i don't have them. And most importantly i ran out of Troglodytes. Post your suggestions of possible opponents, also i'm interested in how personality determines if civilian going to flee or fight.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2017, 07:13:10 pm »

That took way too long, but he finally named his figurine!
Haven't much time to play, and also there was a lot of other projects in this fort, but finally after long arena battles with humans, crundles, troglodytes, trolls and even one ettin and Forgotten Beast, after suffering some injuries, recovering from infections Reg finally named his favourite figurine of our first king
I found it hard to get the right opponents for his training because diorite figurines are apparently make pretty good weapons. Crundles died in a few hits, humans, even with helmets on, died from internal injuries (broken hearts, spines and lungs), hands and feet exploded into gore with every hit, making victims pass out and bleed. One of the best opponents were trolls, big and tough enough to stay alive longer than others. Interestingly enough, Reg's worst injuries were done by crundle, lucky bastard managed to knock Reg unconscious in one hit, and while crundle size doesn't allow him to do much damage, bite wounds on the head got infected and i thought that's it. But he recovered after a while (infections are still listed in the health screen for over a year, but skin damage is gone and he seems okay). Also he got few joints broken by troll. After all those trainings he doesn't really care about anything anymore (except his action figure).
He's now expert Action Figure User. And he got some permanent adamantine decoration sewn into his arm.
His last victim was Aditha Lobstercanker, antlion larva forgotten beast. One of the easiest and shortest battles he had. Reg had much harder time fighting Ettin and one of our soldiers helped him with that giant. And for some reason Reg decided to play ophthalmologist.

Sadly, but expected even named figurine can't be used by a squad member. But while trying different things i found a way to force him to fight when he decides to run from danger. When somebody is assigned to a squad while running away they won't drop their equipment and will become somewhat controllable (will drop figurine right after the fight finished). That was really useful against invaders. He rarely ran from wild animals, but naked humans apparently too scary for him. Another discovery was a really easy method of training "doesn't really care about anything". All you have to do is to get a bunch of crundles released on to your dwarf and let him pass out. Then engage crundles with your soldiers to save your dwarf. One session is enough to make him not care.
And while I'm here few words on other projects in this fort. Finally finished construction of clear glass tower with tavern on the top. Created troglodyte breeding quarters. Successfully created new line of werebisons using a wild troll to tap the statue and then infecting isolated visitors (visitors are great test subjects for almost any kind of experiments). And next project in line is obsidian cast statues (maybe even one featuring Reg and his action figure).
Pages: 1 [2]