Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Troglodyte attacked by 350 years old long dead king  (Read 3401 times)

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Troglodyte attacked by 350 years old long dead king
« on: May 06, 2017, 04:28:10 pm »

Finally named Action Figure!

So, I was clearing troglodyte tribes and collecting caged animals in the caverns and three of my civilian dwarfs decided to engage into battle far away from my military. Luckily for them troglodyte fell unconscious and they started their head punching session. Military was already in the way and whip to the brain finished work. But few minutes later I see this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After checking combat log I found three pages of him trying to crack the skull of poor troglodyte with diorite figurine:
Figurine itself is also remarkable. It's an image of first king of The Red Rock, our dwarven civilization. Even being dead for couple of centuries he still fight to protect his people.
Now I'm tempted to train this hauler to a legendary and make him lead his squad of figurine wielding Misc Object Users to glory and ...just death

also, i'm intrested if he's going to rename this figurine, as it already kinda has a name?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:17:52 pm by Nolimit »

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Troglodyte attacked by 350 years old long dead king
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 06:11:27 pm »

The last thing his enemies hear before they die "it's not a doll, it's a action figure."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »

If you train a dwarf to effectively wield a figurine as a weapon I'll eat a sock.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 07:27:45 pm »

You can make figurines out of heavy metals like gold and platinum, so theres definitely potential there. The trick then is convincing them to keep the figurine on their person instead of stockpiling it. But you can train them in misc. Object user by equipping them with two shields and no weapon. Theyll get there eventually
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2017, 07:46:33 pm »

Well, Headshoots had a dwarf kill people with her backpack, so a dude using his favorite action figure as a bludgeon isn't really that far fetched.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2017, 02:12:28 am »

If you train a dwarf to effectively wield a figurine as a weapon I'll eat a sock.
Yeah, there is no way to make him keep his figurine while being assigned to a squad. I had an idea of finding dwarfs that already have some useless crafts in their possession and barrow them in the room with some weak enemies. Maybe when they give names to their "weapons" there would be some chance of them choosing it with 'individual choise, melee'
But there are problems with that too: 1) that was the first time i saw any of my dwarfs claiming a craft item (maybe i should look through their inventories to find more), 2) right now i don't have good enough enemies for targets, 3) and last but not least, I'm pretty sure they're going to drop even named crafts as soon as I assign them to the squad. But, hey, that can be used for really inefficient civilian training program.

Nolimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2017, 07:39:25 am »

Sorry for doublepost, but i had to share this:

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2017, 09:03:19 am »

Beee-a-utiful!  What did you make that with?
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2017, 09:35:06 am »

My companion actually kept a flail in her pouch, turning it into a pretty effective weapon.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 01:38:04 pm »

In one of the Child Care forts students had a habit of carrying around things like rock sceptres and figurines. Some of those things amassed quite impressive kill lists.

I now try to flood my forts early with lead trinkets in hopes of repeating this in style. So far no success but it's the thought that counts...
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2017, 11:35:54 pm »

I read that and I'm like

Merthyn

• Bay Watcher
  • Block aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 04:13:18 am »

The last thing his enemies hear before they die "it's not a doll, it's a action figure."

This seriously cracked me up. Great little dwarf fortress moment right here.
Far be it from me to conform my design to practicality.

You left a hole in your defensive perimeter/cavern system/water pipes. You will not find it before fun finds it first.

Skorpion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2017, 04:36:31 am »

So... He bashed the troglodyte in the head until he fell over from exhaustion. Then got up, hit them a few more times, fell over AGAIN, then got back up and carried on?
That's dedication.
The *large serrated steel disk* strikes the Raven in the head, tearing apart the muscle, shattering the skull, and tearing apart the brain!
A tendon in the skull has been torn!
The Raven has been knocked unconcious!

Elves do it in trees. Humans do it in wooden structures. Dwarves? Dwarves do it underground. With magma.

cyrohound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2017, 10:34:13 am »

I read that and I'm like

Nicely drawn. Maybe you should make a "Cathar badly draws your reports" thread?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 09:49:27 pm »

I already run a thread with bad drawings ; too much is too much ! I'd rather parasite other people's threads
Pages: [1] 2