Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: PBP Dusk City Outlaws Oneshot (Waiting List Accepted) OOC  (Read 4471 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PBP Dusk City Outlaws Oneshot (Waiting List Accepted) OOC
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 11:42:39 pm »

It's planning, prep/legwork, then heist, right?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 11:55:18 pm »

This is what I assumed.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 11:58:57 pm »

Yeah. Just making sure.

Given you have four days the game will be split like so

Planning/Legwork x 8

Then Planning/Heist

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 04:58:20 pm »

Guys I hope you know that you don't keep your plan in your head and only act on it in the Legwork phase. I really hope I haven't been communicating badly.

>_< You really do need to come up with your Legwork in the planning phase, your just not beholden to it.

Edit: NEVERMIND, you do not have to come up with your specific Legwork during the Planning phase (I misread). Though you still need some general idea, and if you are co-ordinating it is a good idea to plan it in advance.

You DO, however, need to use your planning phase actions during the planning phase (Grifter and Poisoner)

---

Also you can decide to end the Planning phase early.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 07:09:31 pm by Neonivek »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 05:14:46 pm »

So should we list the jobs we are planning on running during the legwork phase?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »

So should we list the jobs we are planning on running during the legwork phase?

Essentially, I still have to set the scene but it is based on your set up.

No dose of poison. Yet I'll at LEAST give the disguise a fiat...

When creating a scene here is a basic themplate: Specify one THING YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF THE SCENE (a specific piece of information, some asset or resource, the cooperation or aid of an individual, and so on), and describe THE PLACE YOU ARE GOING to get it. You then EXPLAIN HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT and, if necessary, WHO YOU INTERACT WITH to get what you want. This isn't the only way to design a scene or design a series of scenes, but if you try to do too much with one scene at once you will overextend yourself.

People can chose to join any of these scenes before they start if they think they can help, and could (in theory) join all of them.

Basically each person Leads their own Legwork Scene.

Or rather, they are the star, the main character, of one Legwork scene.

But lets look at the one we currently have

it was time to go to a job interview with the owner of the Grackenwald Depository. Sure, Francis had to use what limited influence he had among the Vespers to get it, but an interview was an interview. Hopefully, a man like Mr. Goldman would be able to convince the owner to give him a job. An accountant has access to some very private documents after all.

Also, Francis will try to get an idea of how tight the security is around the depository. Can't forget that.

-Where?: The Grackenwald Depository

-What is he trying to achieve: To Successfully get a job as a Accountant at Grackenwald Depository & Look at the Location's Level of Security

-From Who? The Owner for the Job, The Area.

-How?: A Job Interview and... BLARGLE LARGE

This works for a scene. He is overextended in this scene mind you since he is trying to achieve two things at once. This split risks him looking highly suspicious. At least depending on what he means by security.

How he is going to check for the level of security though needs to be added. But I got it in a PM.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:05:40 pm by Neonivek »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 05:34:48 pm »

Yes, but should we list what we plan to do during our Legwork scene, so we know what the overall plan is?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 05:41:03 pm »

Yes, but should we list what we plan to do during our Legwork scene, so we know what the overall plan is?

What I was saying is yes.

I was just highlighting HOW it is done.

Mind you, you don't have to and you can change it at anytime so long as your Legwork hasn't come up yet. I'd prefer if this was done during the planning phase.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 06:06:52 pm by Neonivek »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 08:46:50 pm »

Sorry, didn't wake til after we passed the 3 day limit (btw, is that a strict 72 hour limit or can we keep planning until you declare it over?). Oh well, next time, can still make like 14 dose of poison, should be well more than what we need.

Sounds like what we should have done in the planning phase.

Would this work?:

Trying to gain an Alchemist contact, in the Commoner district, using my Knowledge of the Right Kind of People* and Convince Someone**, interacting with one, or more, Black Alliance affiliated Alchemists.

*(Or influence in the from of using Mummer contacts to find somebody if knowledge isn't used that way.)

**(Not a skill I really have, though can push luck, or maybe get some help.)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 08:50:56 pm by Cain12 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 08:49:00 pm »

My guy can convince people, I'll tag in there.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 08:58:49 pm »

btw, is that a strict 72 hour limit or can we keep planning until you declare it over?

It is strict. In the regular live game it is a 15 minute time limit. I gave a bit of extra time so some of the people who were behind in their planning actions may do so.

The reason I made it three days in the Play By Post is because not everyone is free everyday. It seems like a reasonable switch.

It is also enough time that if people were all available at once, it could reasonably end early. So if everyone knows what to do, you can put it to an end.

Sounds like what we should have done in the planning phase.

Yeah, kind of it exactly. The Planning phase exists as a way to compare notes in more depth and figure out who needs to do what for the day ahead, what you guys need, and co-ordinate.

It is a good idea to have your layout for the planning phase done in the Legwork phase.

Trying to gain an Alchemist contact, in the Commoner district, using my Knowledge of the Right Kind of People* and Convince Someone**, interacting with one, or more, Black Alliance affiliated Alchemists

Well "The Right Kind of People" specifically is people in the 8 main Cartels (it doesn't include The Blooded).

So yeah it is entirely appropriate.

---

My guy can convince people, I'll tag in there

Also appropriate.

---

Overall it isn't too involving, assuming nothing happens.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:08:29 pm by Neonivek »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 09:10:20 pm »

Pfp (cat is sleeping on  my keyboard  ::))

Yeah, the later, we might need to weaken the gondola (starting to hate that word), or turn the water solid, or any number of things, would be good to have a man on hand to make something under short notice.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 09:12:05 pm »

Pfp (cat is sleeping on  my keyboard  ::))

Yeah, the later, we might need to weaken the gondola (starting to hate that word), or turn the water solid, or any number of things, would be good to have a man on hand to make something under short notice.

He probably wouldn't join in the actual job itself, for obvious reasons since he wouldn't be getting a cut, but yeah he might supply you if you provide him some incentive.

Not that you couldn't convince him to do it anyway, but it would take a bit extra (like blackmail)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:20:13 pm by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2017, 06:59:06 pm »

I Introduced heat into the Scene. Typically this scene would have been fairly trivial (maybe at most costing 10 points of luck on a particularly unlucky roll) but by spending heat I was able to add Two Watchmen to the scene. This alone drastically changed things, though they aren't particularly difficult to deal with.

I can spend Heat at a few points either before the Legwork phase, At the start of a Day or Night Segment, After any failed roll, and during the final scene during the opponent's turn. Though there are exceptions and nuances to this.

So always be wary when the heat starts to climb. At about 8 heat can things become complicated, but don't underestimate how much a shift in the dynamic of a scene can change how it works.

Heat is spent in 4, 12, and 20 bunches. Yet there is no limit to how much heat can be spent (only limited to the 30 heat max)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:00:57 pm by Neonivek »

Cain12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2017, 08:14:10 pm »

Oh my, lovely complications. If I'm not actually there when he is convinced, can I still be the one fronting the influence cost to secure him? Like if Vera lured the watchmen away and Smokey did the convincing in her stead as proposed in the IC.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4