Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21788 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2017, 11:41:01 am »

Update delayed: I want more than three people to post an action first.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2017, 07:20:23 pm »

Maple casts Heal on Hikari, and shouts menacingly at the Triankular.
"Go away, stupid!! Leave us alone!"
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:46 am »

Hikari attacks again with spreading jolt, and attempts to take the next hit the tree would take!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 17, 2017, 05:00:29 pm »

Spring 2, Year 2

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Triankrular (T): 4/33, Grounded

Geos carefully launches a Geode Bomb to Nute. This seems exceptionally dangerous.

Nute manages to succeed at grabbing the Geode Bomb with his tail, then whips the Geode Bomb around to directly strike one of the Triankrular's sides to inflict a surprisingly high 8 damage to the Triankrular! In addition to the standard Geode Bomb explosion noise that is hear, there is also a sort of shattering sound and some kind of transparent material falls to the ground! The Geode bomb has also inflicted 1 damage upon Nute as at least one shard struck his tail. Nute then attempts to breath weed spores into the expored part of the Triankrular... It still appears to be immune to its effects however and more weed spores fall to the ground.

Nute remained attached to one of the non-damaged sides, and is unable to evade a Triankrular laser and takes 3 damage.

Bob charges towards the tree and uses Wild Shape to attempt to take the form of a T-Rex. He is able to take that shape, however his size seems to be severely limited by his own power multiplier, being not much larger than he was before. He attempts to charge the Triankrular, but finds that it is levitating a bit too high for him to reach. The T-Rex form also turns out to be rather bad for the purpose of jumping at things.

Maple Invokes Heal on Hikari at the cost of 1 mana. She tells the Triankrular to go away, which it doesn't do.

Hikari Sandashi attacks the Triankrular with Spreading Jolt, inflicting 4 damage to it. Unfortunately, this has the effect of electrocuting the Triankrular; which Nute is still attached to and Nute takes fatal 3 damage! On a lighter note, this attack has caused the Triankrular to fall to the ground taking an additional 2 damage!

Bob immediately starts to maul the Triankrular, but only inflicts 1 damage. It turns out that the tiny arms of a T-Rex are rather terrible for mauling things.

The Fox attacks the Triankrular to deal 2 damage.

Antherus fades away, and Scoutlocke appears at the Tree!

Freebies: The GM doesn't usually give away free stuff to the players. The new ability as seen in the upgrade section appears to be an exeption. However, making the most of this one would require a level of co-operation that has been especially rare among you dryads.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2017, 05:22:01 pm »

Om nom nom nom.

Once the Triankular is defeated, inspect its innards (return to dryad-form first). How does it fire its lasers? How did it fly? How does it generate power?

If the Triankular is a machine, purchase the following unison spell:

Merge With Machine (Electricity, Transform): Combines/melds the forms of a natural creature (like, say, a dryad) and a machine.

How much mana does the tree (re)generate per turn?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 05:48:13 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2017, 05:46:29 pm »

Om nom nom nom.

Once the Triankular is defeated, inspect its innards (return to dryad-form first). How does it fire its lasers? How did it fly? How does it generate power?

Purchase the following unison spell:

Merge With Machine (Electricity, Transform): Combines/melds the forms of a natural creature (like, say, a dryad) and a machine.

I would like to deny this purchase, considering that we cannot confirm if the Triankrular is machine. It could be some metal elemental or other, extra dimensional being.

But, anyway, Hikari will gasp at the accidental lethal friendly fire, then just punch the triankrular.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2017, 05:48:53 pm »

Om nom nom nom.

Purchase the following unison spell:

I would like to deny this purchase, considering that we cannot confirm if the Triankrular is machine. It could be some metal elemental or other, extra dimensional being.
I've edited my post to reflect this- would you like to retract your denial, or keep it standing?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2017, 07:28:30 pm »

Shoot a Geode Bomb into the exposed area of the Triankrular, preferably without hitting Hikari.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2017, 07:34:02 pm »

Shoot a Geode Bomb into the exposed area of the Triankrular, preferably without hitting Hikari.
Please don't- that will destroy all of the delicate innards!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »

Posting to ded
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2017, 12:30:54 pm »

Maple cries at the bottom of the dirt wall, and then casts Revive Dryad on Nute.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2017, 05:36:56 pm »

Spring 3, Year 2

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Bob, who needs to remember to include his character's name in his posts, just sort of sits around and waits for the Triankrular to be defeated. Regardless of how it works, it is not possible to purchase a Unison ability alone. Both you and another Dryad must simultaneously make the purchase.

Hikari just sort of punches the now grounded Triankrular to deal 1 damage.

Geos, who also needs to remember to include his character's name, launches a Geode Bomb at the exposed part of the Triankrular despite Bob's protest, inflict 6 damage to the Triankrular. And also 1 damage to Hikari, no idea why she decided to walk up to it and punch it. As predicted by Bob, this action destroys all of the delicate innards, causing the Triankrular to crackle and explode. The explosion was fortunately not a very big one which did no damage to anything or anyone you really care about. The Triankrular Wreck has been added to your assets.

Bob inspects the Triankrular Wreck. It has glass components and metal components, but he is unable to determine anything about how it works. He does learn that the thing produces smoke upon destruction, and on closer inspection it appears to be leaking a black colored fluid...

Nute posts to ded. I can only presume that is to prevent me from yelling at him for not posting when he is, in fact, dead.

Maple invokes Revive Dryad on Nute. As long as the tree stands tall, Nute will probably be fine for as long as he has the will to continue existing.

Water starts to fill up the little moat around the tree, which on closer inspection is not as deep as it originally was. There is also something growing just south of the tree. You are able to identify them as Spore Weeds. These plants have definitely emerged from the weed spores that were unleashed during the battle.

Scoutlocke fades away and Grumm-da appears at the tree.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2017, 06:02:10 pm »

Give Geos a stare of pure "WTF, bro?".

Use 6 mana to learn the following spell:

Repair: Uses Transmutation magic to heal things, whether they be living, mechanical, a plant, dead, etc.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 21, 2017, 09:28:28 pm »

Hikari tries her best to scoop up the black fluid and keep it far away from the tree. It could be poison!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2017, 10:14:28 pm »

Geos opposes the use of 6 mana because the Triankrular Wreck isn't going anywhere, and uses 1 mana to Heal Maple, who could die from getting on the wrong end of a Cor-mite.

Also propose a Union Spell to Nute: Fertile Ground: turns the soil in a large, deep area around the true into incredibly fertile soil, which will help nourish the tree.

Use Shift Earth to dig the trench deeper,  but don't forget to leave a way for me and the others to get out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:26:44 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23