Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21846 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2017, 01:56:39 pm »

"Well, isn't Shea beauty! Might be a he, actually.."

Confirm gender of deer. Try to befriend it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »

you seriously trying to befriend something that looks like it can eat our tree in a single bite?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2017, 09:17:00 pm »

"Better than trying to fight something that could eat us in one bite before we could kill it."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2017, 09:21:57 pm »

We could at least try to chase it off or something.

Antler uses Morningstar to throw himself onto the deer's nose, if the deer looks like it's going to try to bite the tree, otherwise he leaves it be.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:21:38 pm by Japa »

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2017, 05:29:40 pm »

Summer 2, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Deer (T): 60/60
Owl (W): 12/12
Squirrel (W): 3/3
Mystery Thing (WW): 20/20

Leaf Vinehead gathers some tree junk and lugs it back home. I guess that'll go into the asset section.

Antler looks at a thing... Oh dear, its a deer.

Paying no attention to the deer, Geos works on improving the dirt walls, extending them up to 5cm.

Aster Witheredlock attempts to return to the tree by going northwest. Instead of northeast where the tree actually is. However, he is unable to move this direction because he can only move so far from the tree but whoooooa! Hold on. He WAS able to move! Even further to the west a lot of sand can be seen. There is an object nearby which is like a tree, yet is most certainly not a tree. The object is like a square.

Remember kids, west is to the left. You can easily remember this fact because both west and left are four letter words.

Hikari Sandashi attempts to befriend the deer. The deer doesn't say anything in response, but if it could then it probably would have nagged you about remembering to include your characters name in your action post. The Deer (which appears to be female, but you aren't 100% certain that it isn't transgendered or something) doesn't seem to want to make friends, but at least it doesn't immediately turn hostile or nibble at the tree, so thats something.

Antler is prepared to hurl himself deer-wards should it prove necessary.

Thing the GM says - Theoretical difficulty: This isn't a gameplay mechanic (or so I say) but hypothetically if I were going to scale the difficulty of the game off any one thing, it would be total mana generated and not current amount of Dryads. Just saying.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2017, 06:16:34 pm »

Antler learns a random new spell!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 08:23:43 am by Japa »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2017, 01:33:28 pm »

(Uhh, I think a Tier Increase is probably a better idea, I'm just going to imagine the tree has some parliamentary system, and +1 vote for the current mana to be spent on a Tier Increase for Beirus/Geos, since I guess he's the current leader or something)

Aster Witheredlock

"Who dares questions my ability to get the tree?, I HAVE AN AMAZING THEORY, of course. It's that the world is round and if I keeping moving in the same direction I'll head back right to the tree, its not direct but INDIRECT."'

Move NE, Let's explore all these new areas!

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2017, 01:48:48 pm »

So we are voting, right? +1 to tier increase for me. Leaf Vinehead moves eastwards, towards the other tree, and gathers more tree debris.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2017, 04:01:08 pm »

So we are voting, right? +1 to tier increase for me. Leaf Vinehead moves eastwards, towards the other tree, and gathers more tree debris.
-1. Your skills/abilities in particular aren't particularly useful for the foreseeable future. If anything, I'd say a new move for Gems or Aster, or possibly a tier increase for Geos.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2017, 04:10:42 pm »

Antler decides not to waste precious mana and explores northward instead.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2017, 09:50:29 pm »

While Geos appreciates votes of confidence towards him using the mana, he doesn't want to use any mana just yet and will actively try to prevent anyone else trying to waste mana on things through his link to the tree for now.
Since the deer doesn't seem hostile at the moment, he will also spend this turn using Shift Earth to check the topsoil around the tree carefully, and not if doing so would damage his wall or the tree/roots, to confirm the quality of the soil and aerate it for better quality.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2017, 04:41:25 pm »

Summer 2, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Deer (T): 60/60
Mystery Thing (WW): 20/20
Horse A (NW): 80/80
Horse B (NW): 90/90
Construct (NW): 100/100
Dwarf (NW): 60/60
Fish (E): 3/3
Small Cor-Mite (T): 1/1

Aster Witheredlock moves Northeast, and encounters something. Two large quadrupedal creatures are pulling something that is like a tree, yet is not a tree. There is also another large creature on the not-tree. It appears to be moving Northwest at a fast speed.

Leaf Vinehead moves east towards the willow tree. Splish! That is the sound of Leaf Vinehead falling into the river, which was directly between him and the tree. A fish looks at Leaf and sort of makes a funny face. The river is pushing Leaf Vinehead north-wards. Any attempt to use tree-magic to increase Leaf Vinehead's tier was fizzled by dryad disagreement.

Antler decides not to spend mana, and causes a new game rule to be implemented, and moves to the north... Nothing interesting going on here right now.

Geos checks the soil... Its got purple in it. Its also starting to get dry from all the summer heat. Attempting to Aerate the soil causes something to come out of it!

The deer consumes the Birch Tree Matter that was left on tile T. Herbivore alert!

New Rule: As of now, it is a rule violation to contradict yourself in your action posts. For example, you cannot state in one post that you want to spend mana, then state in your next post that you are not spending mana. Instead you should edit your post to reflect the action you want to take. (It is acceptable to keep a record of the history of you action as long as your intentions are clear)

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

I did not see the change to the map 2 turns ago. Supernerd, you've expanded our horizons. Hikari will convince the deer not to eat dryad tree material, and then head east.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2017, 06:27:33 am »

Antler does a 180, and returns back to the tree to hit the Cor-Mite with a Morningstar attack.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"A new anthropomorphic being enters the fray of our wilds, they seem to be moving at fast pace, hmm..."'

Cast Disguise Self and try to look like the smaller being on the not-tree, edit the facial features a little bit to try to resemble another one of their species, try to copy their current apparel in the illusion.

Than Aster tries to catch up with the creatures and state, "Now who goes here, you seem like one of us, now why would you be in this general vicinity?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23