Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21815 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2017, 04:34:10 pm »

If Antler deals with the mite, Geos goes east and starts using Shift Earth to dig a trench alongside him back towards the tree. Don't actually breach the river with the trench yet. If the mite isn't dealt with, grab one of the good (2.0) crystals and smash the mite with it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2017, 10:39:26 am »

Leaf Vinehead attempts to escape from the river if the current is not too strong. If it is, he hangs on to the fish's tail.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2017, 04:22:52 pm »

Summer 3, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Deer (W): 60/60
Horse A (?): 80/80
Horse B (?): 90/90
Construct (?): 100/100
Dwarf (?): 60/60
Fish (SE): 3/3
Screamy (NE): 5/5

Hikari Sandashi attempts to convince the Deer to not make a snack out of the Dryad tree. The deer looks at the wilted leaves and seems to agree that it isn't hungry enough to want to eat it. The deer leaves to the west and Hikari goes the other way.

Antler goes back to deal with the Cor-Mite with a Morningstar attack, inflicting 3 damage to the Small Cor-Mite. Thats one less problem to deal with.

Aster Witheredlock does his best dwarf impression and asks the dwarf why he is in the general area. The dwarf responds by saying something to the extent of "Where d'ya think you cantankerous shoe-chewer? Hauling m'goods to Port Valor!" the Dwarf doesn't stick around long enough for any followup questions and the Construct speeds away.

Goes starts to dig a trench in the direction of the river. The carving in the ground is quite shallow and will require some more effort to be useful for water transport.

Leaf Vinehead makes an attempt to escape from the river, and attempts to grab the fishes tail. The fish wants none of that and swims away as fast as it can. Leaf eventually manages to get out by grabbing the bridge at tile NE. Leaf can hear an odd sound coming from nearby... Its sounds like "AAAAA. AAAAA. AAAAA."

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2017, 08:19:34 pm »

Antler summons a new dryad. More friends!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2017, 01:56:34 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"Now that was a...experience, let say. What's this Port, the dwarfish figure was referring to? An idea for a later time."

Revert self back into original form, move NE, explore new area

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2017, 05:37:27 pm »

Geos continues working on the trench using Shift Earth.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2017, 04:40:30 pm »

Summer 4, Year 1

Cor Mite x16 (NN): 2/2
Cor Mite x5 (E): 2/2

Antler invokes the spell New Dryad, prompting the GM to look up one of his rules. You need to be next to the tree to be a valid target for its magic... So if you are invoking a spell that doesn't affect yourself then... I guess you don't need to be next to the tree to do that. Ok.

Call appears near the tree...

Aster Witheredlock moves northeast, forcing the GM to draw up a new tile on that map... And done. There appears to be an actual forest to the north. There is a group of Cor Mites in the area. By which I mean 16. Yep.

Geos works on expanding the trench. The rainwater makes the earth easier to work with, and the trench is almost complete. Soon you will be able to get water to the tree. The tree that is currently being rained on. Oh, and there are some Cor Mites in the area.

Leaf Vinehead AAAA. just sort of AAAA. stands around AAAA. and takes some AAAA. verbal AAAA.buse from the AAAA. Screamy. IT DOES NOT STOP SCREAMING!

Hikari is being equally useless this turn.

Tutorial - Wasting your turn: Are you using your abilities each turn? If not, you're probably wasting it entirely. This isn't a game rule or anything, but use your abilities and figure out a way to make them work for you.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2017, 05:05:55 pm »

Hikari goes further east, and analyses the land, etc. Also, reproposing Geos getting a tier increase. Maybe him or her getting a random spell, instead.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:36 pm »

Call, seeing the danger the cor mites to the east pose to the tree, goes to the E tile and uses gust on all the cor mites, summoning an unnaturally strong eastward wind to blow them as far east as possible.

He then shouts through the roaring wind "Geos, I'll hold them back, you hit them with your Geode bomb!"
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 06:16:40 pm by quantumMastermind »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2017, 06:32:14 am »

"Why are you screaming?"
Leaf Vinehead attempts to start a conversation with the screaming creature. If it does not respond, he moves northwest, using leaf cloak to hide himself.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:28 pm »

Antler uses the rain to heal himself using his regeneration ability, before heading northward to engage the Mites in fisticuffs in his next turn.

(I don't know if he can both regenerate and attack in the same turn)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:09:55 pm by Japa »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2017, 01:09:27 pm »

Geos uses Geode Bomb on the Cor-mites.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2017, 01:26:07 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"Whelp making the same mistake and charging right into 16 mites seems like I want to go back into that damn tree again, yeah moving along"

Move SE, towards the bridge
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:13:32 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 02, 2017, 02:11:22 pm »

After seeing Aster flee the forest, Antler bravely does a 180 and heads back to the tree instead, after regenerating

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »

Summer 5, Year 1

Cor Mite x16 (NN): 2/2
Cor Mite (E): 2/2
Cor Mite x2 (E): 1/2
Woodpecker (T): 8/8

Hikari Sandashi heads to the east... Meaning the GM has to make a new tile now. The mountain area in the south looks even higher here. There are also some objects that appear to be a tree, yet are not trees at ground level.

Call heads east to deal with Cor Mites, using Gust to try to blow them away, dealing 1 damage to three of them. It appears that call does not have the required power multiplier to be able to blow them out of the tile entirely.

Leaf Vinehead attempts AAAA. to talk to AAAA. the AAAA. Screamy. It is AAAA. most assuredly AAAA. responding, but AAAA. not in a AAAA. way that AAAA. you can understAAAA.nd. Since it AAAA. does technically respond AAAA. I guess AAAA. that means Leaf AAAA. does not AAAA. intend to move AAAA. this turn? AAAA. AAAA. Its too bad AAAA. Leaf doesn't AAAA. have AAAA. an ability that AAAA. lets him AAAA. communicate with AAAA.nimals

Antler uses Regeneration to heal 2 health from the readily available rainwater and returns to the tree. A medium bird has been sighted near the tree.

Goes uses a Geode Bomb on the Group of Cor-Mites. It appears that they have been spread out by the previous gust attack, making it hard to hit many of them at once. Geos deals 2 damage to one, and 1 damage to another, defeating two of them. Three of the Cor Mites have been displaced and are not in a position to attack, but one of them bites Geos for 1 damage.

Aster Witheredlock AAAA. moves southeast AAAA. towards the bridge AAAA. There is AAAA. something AAAA. very loud AAAA. here. Leaf seems AAAA. to be trying AAAA. to talk to AAAA. it.

Tutorial - GM Errors: Sometimes the GM misses little details such as the exact location your character is at. If you see something that does not appear to be correct, mention it.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23