Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21798 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2017, 04:34:25 pm »

Spring 9, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Owl (W): 12/12
Squirrel (W): 3/3
Small Cor-Mite x2 (T): 1/1
Cor-Mite (SW): 2/2

Hikari takes a look at the soil around the tree. It appears to be fairly normal, though a thourough investigation would require some digging to be done. The tree is capable of growing in the current soil conditions. Whatever is happening, it does not appear to be a dire problem.

Leaf Vinehead moves to the west. The owl still appears to be there.

Displeased with the lack of conversation, Antler moves to the west and climbs up the tree, revealing a section of the aerial map. This tree can surely be utilized in some way...

Geos uses his Shift Earth ability to dig at the ground around the tree, and as he does some noxious fumes come up from the ground. Something bites Geos to inflict 1 damage. And something else bites Geos to deal 0 damage. The corpses have not yet been buried.

Aster Witheredlock decides it would be prudent to immediately go to the place that killed him. He finds... ONE Cor-Mite, and only after looking around for a bit.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 19, 2017, 04:49:27 pm »

Geos uses Geode Bomb on whatever things are biting him, taking care to not damage the tree or himself in the process. Afterwards, he takes one of the strong (2.0) crystals left over from previous Geode bombs and smashes all the visible mite corpses to paste, just in case they multiply through spontaneous generation from corpses like the Dryads did from the tree.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:53:06 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 19, 2017, 09:25:58 pm »

Antler does his best to judge if the owl poses any immediate danger to him, and if not, climbs as high as he can manage before looking around to see what is visible from his higher vantage point.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"It time for you little cor-mite, to learn a lesson on retribution. No one Kills me, ya got THAT!"
Attack at range this time!, call forth thorny tendrils from the earth to strangle this Cor-Mite until it isn't living any more, through casting Shadowy Asphyxiation
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 04:17:14 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2017, 03:49:00 pm »

"W..Wow!Either they just reincarnated, or they carried eggs on their bodies, giving birth once the parent died. The miracle of nature, right here! A little grim, though, and dangerous,..but still!"

Hikari Focuses Firelight to set aflame an unburied corpse, igniting it so that whatever fellas are left don't come back to bite us.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2017, 04:25:38 pm »

Leaf Vinehead looks about on the floor, looking for any fallen branches/twigs that he can use as a basic weapon.

((sorry, a bit late...))

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2017, 01:07:35 pm »

Spring 10, Year 1

Small Cor-Mite (T): 1/1
Cor-Mite (SW): 1/2

Geos launches a Geode Bomb with caution. Unfortunately getting a shot that wouldn't damage himself or the tree proves to be difficult, as they emerged from the ground very close to the tree. One of them takes 1 damage from the bomb, but Geos couldn't get the other one within the radius without risking a hit on the tree. The surviving one attacks Geos to deal 1 damage. Taking the time to butcher dead things seems unwise when living hostile remain. (In the future, if you can specify you want to do so even if it means turning your back to a hostile critter)

Antler takes a look at the owl. As it appears to be sleeping, it doesn't seem to be an immediate danger. Antler is able to climb only a little bit higher, and takes a look around. In the distance to the southwest there appears to be something large. It is brown in colour, yet is unlike a tree...

Aster witheredlock attacks the Cor-Mite using Shadow Asphyxiation, dealing 1 damage. The Cor-Mite is held by the tendrils and unable to counterattack.

Hikari uses Firelight to focus starlight on one of the dead Cor-Mites. The corpse appears to be partially liquified, even before any casting is done. The fire starts to spread to the nearby grass... But the high humidity prevents it from burning and it quickly dies down...

The location of the previously tamed mouse is currently unknown...

Leaf Vinehead looks for branches on the ground. Finding a small branch proves to be an easy task, but it seems as though it would be a poor weapon in its current state.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2017, 01:16:24 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"Still holding on, aren't ya? Well don't worry, we'll fix that."
continue strangling that Cor-Mite until it stops moving

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2017, 01:55:40 pm »

Antler returns to the the tree, and attacks the remaining mite using his Morningstar ability.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2017, 01:57:47 am »

Geos grabs one of the strong (2.0) crystals and tries to smash the last Cor-mite with it if Antler doesn't kill it somehow. If all the Cor-mites are dead, smash the corpses to pulp with the crystal.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2017, 04:43:15 pm »

Summer 1, Year 1

Deer (T): 60/60

Summer has arrived! The sky starts to turn a yellowish color.

Aster Witheredlock maintains the Shadow Asphyxiation, dealing 2 damage to the Cor-Mite. The Cor-Mite ceases to be an immediate problem.

Antler decides to return to his tree to help defend it without taking the time to slowly descend from the branches of the birch tree. Whump! That is the sound of Antler plummeting to the ground. He takes 2 damage from the impact. At the very least he arrives in time to attack the Small Cor mite with his Morningstar ability to inflict 2 damage to it.

Geos grabs one of the better crystals to bash what remains of the Cor-Mites: However before he gets a chance it occurs to him that the remains of the Cor-Mites are already in a liquid form. It seems that this is just what happens to deceased Cor-Mites. Geos smacks them anyway, runining a perfectly good crystal shard in the process and getting purple gunk all over himself.

A giant monster has appeared near the tree, dwarfing all previously sighted monsters! It is a quadruped with four long legs, which is brown in color.

Leaf Vinehead and Hikari Sandashi just sort of space out for not having posted for long enough for the update to come without them.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2017, 05:08:08 pm »

((sorry, just really busy.))

Leaf Vinehead gathers all the fallen leaves and plant debris he can carry and moves it to the (main) tree.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2017, 09:20:53 pm »

Antler looks up at the towering beast

Oh dear tree, what is that thing?

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2017, 09:34:10 pm »

Geos wipes all the gunk off himself, then uses Shift Earth to improve the wall around the tree by adding and packing more soil.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2017, 01:50:21 pm »

Aster Witheredlock

"Their truly isn't as much satisfaction from killing something through asphyxiation, I probably should go see what's happening around the tree"

Go back to center of the map by moving NW, if the quadrupedal-legged creature makes any moves than try Shadowy Asphyxiation on it, focusing on immobilizing one of its legs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23