Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21785 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2017, 04:18:42 pm »

Nute invokes Heal from the tree upon Nute! Then attempts to use Compost on the Triankrular from behind one of the fortifications scattered around.
Some time is spent idly wondering if the icicles forming on our tree could be used as a weapon of some sort.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2017, 04:31:51 pm »

"All of you stay clear for a moment."

Geos taked cover behind the blast wall if he can, and when the Triankrular passes over the trap, Geos shoots a 2.0 Geode Bomb to detonate the 1.0 Geode Bombs and hope the 2.0 shards are able to make weaker spots for the 1.0 shards to tear through.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2017, 06:51:32 am »

"If only I could hide the tree from the Triankrular..."
Maple invokes Heal upon Geos and hides in the hole at the bottom of the dirt wall.
"I hate floaty laser things and winter. Blighted cold and ice!"
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2017, 11:30:48 pm »

Are we/the tree still supposed to be at 4 mana? Didn't we cast a spell or two between this turn and last turn?

And yeah, I know that that's a fishing rod, but, based on your description, it seemed like my character didn't. Now that you've mentioned string and stuff, I'm gonna assume that Bob knows how fishing poles work now.

Bob: Craft a fishing rod out of a nearby branch, some rope made of grass/leaves/reed/whatever, and a hook-shaped piece of flint. Bash a hole in the ice with a rock a considerable distance away from the human, then attach a worm or something to my fishing rod as bait and begin to fish.

If you're wondering why I'm not trying to protect our tree from the imminent danger it is in right now... Well, for one thing, since we have a shared mana pool that's running low, I'm not sure if my presence in the fight would actually give us more firepower. And as for the other, I'm two tiles away from you guys right now, so I'd need 2 turns or so to get over to the tree, by which point we will have likely either won the fight or lost our tree.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 02, 2017, 11:46:27 am »

Winter 11, Year 1 <-- Not a GM error

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (SE): 40/40
Triankrular (T): 24/33

HIKARI (Seriously, include your characters name in your post) travels south to area T. She gets close to the Triankrular and casts Spreading Jolt, dealing 4 damage to it.

Nute invokes Heal on himself to heal himself up to full at the cost of 1 mana. He then casts Compost to deal 1 more damage to the Triankrular.

Geos attempts to take cover behind a fortification that perhaps vaguely resembles a wall and casts a Geode Bomb at the cluster of Geode Bombs previously prepared... all five geode bombs detonate; with disappointing results. As the bombs were detonated on the ground while the Triankrular was several feet above them, the vast majority of the crystal fragments did not meet their intended target. 2 damage is dealt to the Triankrular in total. Additionally, Hikari takes 2 damage and the fox takes 3 damage. For some reason, the GM made a little diagram demonstrating how this all works. The blue represents the Geode Bomb, the Orange represents a target, and the red lines represent the directions that the Geode Fragments were launched.

Maple Sylphseed invokes heal upon Geos to restore 5 health to him, and hides behind a wall.

The Triankrular... retaliates, firing three lasers at Hikari, Geos and Nute, inflicting 3 damage to Hikari, 3 damage to Nute, and piercing through the wall to strike Geos for a reduced 1 damage. The Triankrular respositions itself slightly.

Elsewhere, Bob attempts to craft a fishing rod. The following ingredients are not things that he collected:
-Something that can function as a rope (There is a lack of suitable plants available in winter)
-A hook shaped piece of flint (Didn't find this resource)
-Something that can be used as bait.
He was able to pick up a small stick though. Without the use of abilities, Bob is barely able to crack the ice, let alone cut a hole in it.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 02, 2017, 12:20:47 pm »

Why do I have a feeling that the Triankular would have been friendly to us if we hadn't attacked it?

Bob asks the fisherman if he has any stories to tell.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 05, 2017, 10:19:32 am »

Hikari attempts to climb the Triankrular and use another Spreading Jolt on it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 05, 2017, 12:41:32 pm »

Geos fires a Geode Bomb at the Triankrular from cover if he can do so without hitting Hikari or the fox.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 05, 2017, 04:00:52 pm »

It was shooting at us before we did any damage to it and those cor-mites were never a threat to it and it didn't seem to be eating them... Seem like plain old homicidal mania to me...

Nute orders healing(Heal) one last time. Next: Attempt to climb Hikari in order to climb the Triankrular in order to get on top of it to plant Weed Spores.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #294 on: September 06, 2017, 04:42:12 pm »

Maple curls into a ball and attempts to avoid detection.
"Drought and stones, I'm going to die!" She whispers to herself.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 06, 2017, 06:58:47 pm »

AntherusSits & Hates Winter.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 06, 2017, 07:49:52 pm »

Spring 1, Year 2

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (E): 40/40
Triankrular (T): 21/33

After exactly zero players were observant enough to express concern about winter having lasted 11 turns, Spring has returned and the tree has awoken from its hibernation. You have survived your first winter, yet you feel that unless you improve your tactics and team co-ordination, you will not survive your second.

Bob asks the Fisherman if he has any stories to tell. The fisherman says that he does, but it will have to wait for another time as he needs to bring his haul home before summer comes, and the human heads to the north.

Hikari Sandashi attempts to climb the Triankrular but finds that she is unable to, possibly because the Triankrular is levitating above the ground. This does not stop her from casting Spreading Jolt on it to inflict 3 damage. The foxes moves towards the tree. The Triankrular retaliates with yet another laser to inflict 3 damage on Hikari.

Geos finds himself unable to line up a Geode Bomb that would not have a high risk of striking Hikari.

Nute invokes heal on himself once again to restore the three health he lost. He then attempts to climb on Hikari in the hopes of reaching the top of the Triankrular, and is just barely able to grab onto one of its sides, despite the GM's desire to punish you for thinking you could possibly gain any kind of advantage by climbing on top of another dryad. The Triankrular tilts to one side a bit, but seems able to hold Nute's weight without losing altitude. Nute breathes some weed spores on the Triankrular hoping that it would be able to take root from the top... Unfortunately this does not seem to be the case, and about half of them fall off to the ground. This thing just plain seems to be impervious to the effects of Weed Spores.

Shockingly, the Triankrular does not strike Nute with a laser this turn. Unfortunately, it does take a shot at the tree to inflict 3 damage to it!

Maple Sylphseed just curls up and freaks out. Antherus is equally useful.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 06, 2017, 08:05:47 pm »

Nute catches an incoming Geode Bomb, holdit in Nute's tail, swings their tail around so that it whacks the bomb into a facing of the triankrular other than the one that Nute's body is on, and then shoves a Weed Spore into the cracks left by the Geode Bomb.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 06, 2017, 08:30:05 pm »

Geos carefully shoots a Geode Bomb to Nute from cover. Time to alley-oop this shit.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 12:16:38 pm by Beirus »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 06, 2017, 09:05:05 pm »

Bob feels a stabbing pain in his chest when the tree takes damage.

"The tree... THE TREE!"

Alright, playtime's over. Transform into a T-Rex (or some armored herbivoric dinosaur if I have a size limit), tackle the Triankular (and bring it to the ground), and maul it.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23