Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21791 times)

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #270 on: August 21, 2017, 05:40:44 pm »

Winter 8, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (SE): 40/40
Fox (T): 15/15
Triankrular (S): 32/33
Cor Mite x3 (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x1 (S): 1/2

Nute invokes Revive Dryad to bring Antherus back, at the cost of 3 mana. Nute briefly considers the possibility of having a large amount of Cor Mites stack on top of eachother. If there was a swarm of Cor-Mites that was that massive, then the tree would be in grave peril.

Then, Nute does something that just plain baffles the GM. Nute then heads south and breathes out some more weed spores and attempts to weave a shield. Out of spores. Okay wow, where to even begin? The spores are basically tiny dots of unicellular plant matter so its virtually impossible to craft anything out of them. Even if the weeds had both the time and the non-winter to actually grow prior to this construction attempt they probably still wouldn't make for a good shield, at least not without a more solid material to combine them with. Nute has an immunity to his own plant poisons, so at least the crafting attempt didn't harm him. What DID harm him however, was his decision to make the attempt in the same location as the floaty triangular thing that is shooting lasers at everyone! Nute takes a solid laser shot for 4 damage!

BOB follows the human to tell it to tell their friends about the dryads. The human carves a circular hole in the ice with some kind of shiny device, then uses an object that is like a tree and yet not a tree and sort of holds it above the hole.

Maple asks Geos some questions. Geos probably doesn't know the answer to any of them. With the exception of "Can you shoot lasers". He absolutely knows the answer to that one. The answer is "No". Or possibly "Not Yet". Not that he actually said that or anything.

Geos prepares a trap on tile T, and undetonated Geode Bombs have been added to the Asset list. This has the potential to be a very good use of the Geode Bomb ability.

Hikari observes the Triankrular. She is a bit too far away to get a very good look at it, but not too far to see the attacks. It fired a laser about a second after Nute breathed his spores. It also fired on two Cor-Mites for 3 damage each. All three lasers were shot at approximately the same time, with different angles. Its rotations are horizantal, but never vertical.

There is a fox near the tree.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 21, 2017, 05:58:48 pm »

Nute heads north, to T, and sticks some Weed Spores on top of the geode bombs.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2017, 06:00:21 pm »

Antherus Lies in the snow, hating winter.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2017, 07:40:30 pm »

Bob:

Observe the human, if it will let me do so.

Ponder how much mana it would take to use Inevitable Decay on Winter itself, creating a small area of Spring around the tree.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 11:56:29 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2017, 12:44:46 am »

Geos creates two more Geode Bombs (x1.0) and partially buries them near the others, in range for chain detonation and close enough to hopefully catch enemies with more than one detonation.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »

Maple tends her own wounds, and attempts to discern the Triankular's motives.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 26, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »

Winter 9, Year 1

Fox (N): 15/15
Triankrular (S): 32/33

Nute returns to the tree and breathes some Weed Spores on top of the Geode Bombs... This action does not produce enough kinetic force to cause the bombs to detonate.

Antherus just kind of lies in the snow. Surprisingly, Antherus is not attacked by the many threats in the area.

The Triankrular appears to have dealt with the Cor-Mite problem on tile S for you...

The fox travels north.

Bob watches the human. After a while, a fish comes up out of the hole and seems to sort of levitate beneath the non-tree object that the human is carrying. The human smacks the fish on the ground a couple of times to make it stop moving and puts it in a bag... Bob considers how much mana it would take to use inevitable decay on winter itself. The inevitable decay ability does not work on non-physical concepts and even if it did, mana does not work that way. While it is possible to increase the power multiplier of an ability via mana, the tree's Empower Spell invocation cannot increase the effective multiplier of a spell by more than double.

Geos creates some more Geode Bombs and puts them near the others. There are now four geode bombs with effective level 1.0 partially buried south of the tree. This seems like it might be an accident waiting to happen.

Maple attempts to discern the Triankrular's motives, however the only obvious tool at her disposal to do so is speculation. Are there any obvious patterns behind its previous actions?

Hikari is just sort of there, not doing anything.

websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 26, 2017, 03:24:26 pm »

Nute takes cover from the Geode Horror and prepares to use Compost on the Triakrular if it moves onto the tree's tile.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 26, 2017, 03:35:48 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to make a blast wall out of packed clay and stone between the bombs and the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2017, 03:41:47 pm »

Don't know how I missed the turn again. Anyway, Hikari befriends the fox, not wanting to risk reproaching the triangular and hoping it doesn't approach the tree any more.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 26, 2017, 04:44:46 pm »

Observe the not-tree object more closely.

You, ah, might want to start being more conservative with your mana usage, guys. We only have 4 mana left for the remainder of winter.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 26, 2017, 07:43:06 pm »

Antherus
move north, Make Snow Dryads and wait for winter to end.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #282 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:33 am »

Maple packs the dirt wall with snow and observes the Triankrular warily.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2017, 04:06:57 pm »

Winter 10, Year 1

Triankrular (T): 31/33

Nute moves in such a way that he is probably not going to fall victim to a Geode Bomb trap and prepares to use Compost on the Triankrular in the event that it enters tile T... WHICH IT DID! The Triankrular shudders for a bit and takes 1 damage. It seems resistant, but not completely immune, to being composted.

Geos moves some clay and rocks between the Geode Bombs and the tree. The Geode bombs were already a fair distance from the tree and were separated by a dirt wall, but I suppose it doesn't hurt to play it safe. The Triankrular approaches from the south. Its ability to levitate means that it is unlikely to actually trigger the Geode Bomb trap.

Hikari travels north to catch up to the fox and attempts to befriend it. As a reminder, the GM will not always assume that you intend to use an ability unless you specifically state you are using it. Fortunately in this case the GM did make that assumption, and in a rare example of things actually going well, the Friend of Nature ability actually worked exactly as it was intended to! The fox has been added to the Asset list. Hikari hopes that the Triankrular doesn't get any closer to the tree, and in a decidedly non rare example of things not going right... Well... You know.

Bob, not including their character's name in their post despite repeated non-subtle reminders, observes the non-tree object which is obviously a fishing pole that is being used by the human. It is a long stick of wood with some shiny rings on it which appears to have a string... Oh forget it, I already clearly stated that it is obviously a fishing pole so I probably don't need to continue describing it.

Antherus returns to the tree and just sort of flops on the ground. His centaur-ant like shape makes it difficult to make a good dryad-shaped imprint in the snow, which is what I think he attempted to do.

Maple Sylphseed applies some snow to the dirt wall and observes the Triankrular. It has gotten dangerously close and its ability to levitate means that the wall will probably not be much of an obstacle for it, snow packed or otherwise.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 29, 2017, 04:12:11 pm »

Head south to tree with fox. Get in Melee range of Triankrular and Spreading Jolt it directly.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23