Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21795 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2017, 03:51:59 pm »

Nute felt a great disturbance in the tree. As though all the tiered-up dryads were off sunbathing while a boss-fight was going down.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 11, 2017, 04:14:05 pm »

Winter 6, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (E): 40/40
Triankrular (S): 32/33
Bird (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x6 (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x2 (S): 1/2
Cor Mite x1 (SS): 1/2

The vegetation at tile S proves to be rather short. There is the edge of a mountain on this tile, but it doesn't fall under the category of plant life so Nute does not attempt to climb it. Nute attempts to use Compost on the Triankrular to attempt to degrade any food that it might be processing... Nute isn't really able to tell what is inside of it via this ability, so its effectiveness is uncertain aside from dealing 1 damage. Does it even eat?

Maple... Um... Shouts at the Cor-Mites and goes to kick them? Oh this can't end well. Maple kicks a Cor-Mite to deal 1 damage. Some of the Cor-Mites turn their attention to Maple, and bite her for a total of 3 damage, which is actually surprisingly low given the circumstances. The rest of them seem more interested in the Triankrular.

Antherus casts Direct Insects on another Cor-Mite. It heads to the south, crossing paths with the Cor-Mite which went south last turn; but has now came back to tile S.

The Triankrular spins around, then unleashes three more laser shots. This deals 3 damage to Nute, 3 damage to Antherus, and 3 damage to one of the Cor Mites.

Geos launches a Geode Bomb at half power to see if he can will it to detonate. It becomes apparant that it is the impact that causes a Geode Bomb to explode. Hmm. Geos continues work on the small stone wall.

Hikari returns to the tree and invokes Heal to restore 10 health to herself with the first uncontested invocation since the tree's hibernation became apparant. She considers the possibility of concentrating light from a bursting Starlight Grenade. It would probably be possible to use starlight from starlight grenades to create a stronger starlight grenade with enough of a power multiplier, but it wouldn't be any better than one made from starlight from the Star with the same multiplier. Maybe if you didn't have access to direct starlight?

Nute is disturbed by the actions of Geos and Hikari. To be fair, Hikari was healing herself to presumably have the strength to put up a fight. And Geos... Um...

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2017, 04:30:11 pm »

Hoping that composting it raised it temperature enough for them to grow, Nute spits Weed Spores at the Triankrular. After doing so, an immediate retreat towards the north and invocation of healing from the tree, into Nute, proceeds. Unless contested...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:43 pm »

Antherus Casts direct insects on a Cormite, Directs it to attack the mean floaty thingy.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2017, 06:16:33 pm »

Hikari wasn't thinking about using starlight grenade light for another starlight grenade. She meant to use a Focus Firelight attack with the light generated from the grenade, which would be concentrated and, perhaps, easier to concentrate that normal, more speed out light during the winter. Can I get confirmation on this before I attack?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2017, 07:31:14 pm »

Geos makes another Geode Bomb (x1.0) and buried it slightly under the ground near the first Geode Bomb, which he also buries. He then launches a Geode Bomb (x1.0) between the two to see if the exploding crystals have enough impact to trigger the buried bombs.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2017, 01:56:37 am »

Maple runs away from the Cor-Mites, retreating to the tree.

"Ow! Owww." Maple sobs.
"I hate stupid Mites."
"I hate being cold."
"It hurts! Don't let those Mites bite you."

Maple climbs the tree and spectates the battle.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2017, 04:24:03 pm »

Bob continues talking to the human.

"Well, we are beings of magic, and are capable of casting spells. I, for example, can transform into animals, accelerate growth, and speed up the inevitable decay and destruction of all things. Would any of those be of value to you?"
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 17, 2017, 06:04:17 pm »

Winter 7, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (SE): 40/40
Triankrular (S): 32/33
Bird (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x4 (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x2 (S): 1/2

Nute casts Weed Spores at the Triankrular. It seems that the spores are ineffective against this enemy for some reason. Nute also learns that the Weed Spore ability does not produce weeds instantaneously, while weeds are very good at growing they aren't THAT quick. Nute also learns that the weed spores are affected by Gravity, slipping off the Triankrular's smooth surface and falling upon the Cor-Mites which are not immune to them, dealing 2 damage to one Cor Mite and 1 damage to 2 Cor Mites! Nute then retreats to tile T, narrowly avoiding a Triankrular laser and invoking Heal to restore himself to full health. That could have gone much worse.

Speaking of worse, Antherus decides to cast Direct insects on one of the Cor Mites to make it attack the Triankrular... The Cor Mites were ALREADY attempting to attack the Triankrular, and were unable to hit the flying enemy. The only possible good that could have came from this action is that the targetted Cor Mite didn't decide to attack a dryad instead? On a related note, the Cor Mite sent south last turn has returned.

The Triankrular fires another three lasers, hitting one Cor Mite for 3 damage, narrowly missing Nute and hitting Antherus for 3 damage! Antherus is now out of commission. Perhaps that could have been avoided...

Hikari fails to post despite having got a GM response in the OOC thread well over 72 hours ago and just sort of stands around.

Geos creates a Geode Bomb and attempts to bury it. He does not have the energy to do so with shift eart and also create a second geode bomb, so it was only partially buried. There was not an unexploded geode bomb from last turn; it definitely detonated on impact. Geos then launches another Geode Bomb on top of the one on the ground. The second bomb detonates and triggers the first bomb! Success?

Maple runs away to the tree, disliking Cor Mites and the Cold like any other sensible dryad. She watches the battle. Its not going well. Its an absolute mess actually, with no co-ordination between the dryads.

Bob talks to the human, and the human somewhat nervously exclaims that they don't think they would get any use out of that and that they are just going to go fishing. The human moves south.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 17, 2017, 08:40:41 pm »

Nute attempts to lick the snow off of our tree. Revive(Tier 1) Antherus. Leave a scratched-out image of beetles standing on top of one another in a pyramid on the ground in front of the tree, Move south to S, then attempt to weave a crude shield using Weed Spores, both new and those prepared last turn.

Warning, action spends 3 of our 7 mana, which would leave 4.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:25:48 pm by RAM »
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2017, 09:20:41 pm »

"Really? Well, do tell your friends of our existence, if you can. Perhaps someone else would like to trade with us."

Hm... I could cast Growth on the Triankular, if you guys want me to.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #266 on: August 18, 2017, 11:25:45 pm »

"What're you doing Geos?" Maple asks. "What's a Triankrular? Why is it floating? Can you shoot lasers? Do Triankrulars eat Dryads?"
Maple spectates the battle while pestering Geos with questions.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2017, 02:42:29 am »

"Preparing. To defend the tree. The triangle thing may try to harm it."

Geos makes two Geode Bombs (x1.0) and partially buries them by hand towards the south of the tree, near enough that they can detonate eachother.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2017, 06:52:30 am »

Hikari, recognizing that light will have little effect on the Triancrular, decides to observe how the triancrular fires the lasers, in hopes of finding a weak point on it or a way to stop or slow it's lasers
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 21, 2017, 04:49:27 pm »

Antherus waits to be revived.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23