Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21794 times)

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:22 am »

A new dryad comes to life, and meets Geos.
"I am cold. What is this?" Maple asks, looking at the snow. She is startled by the sight of the leafless branches of her tree.
"What has happened to my tree? Who has done this?!" She demands, as Geos explains.
The new dryad chooses a name for herself: Maple Sylphseed
"I remember that I was trying to do something important. I was cold, and was searching for something in my dream, yet then I awoke and now I can't remember what. Were you the one who awakened me?" Maple asks Geos.
Bob deepens the trench, then heads towards the human.
Maple travels to assist Bob.
"Greetings, sap kindred. Are you searching within the earth for warmth and life?"
Maple assists Bob with the digging.
"If I had known that the world were so cold and lifeless then I would not have awakened! What manner of evil has caused this dry, merciless cold??" Maple complains.
Maple asks Bob about the world.
"Perhaps I could lure the human away from us. And the human in turn could lure the unknown thing away from our tree." Maple suggests.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 04, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »

Winter 4, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (E): 40/40
Triankrular (S): 33/33
Bird (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x12 (S): 2/2

Nute travels from NE to E and places the negligible amount of compost by the plant. Nute them unleashes some weed spores nearby, with the intent of using them to create compost in the least time-efficient manner possible.

Hikari moves to the south and attempts to perceive the threat. And succeeds, possibly due to the fact that the threat is now in tile S! She can see a floating grey thing that looks like a triangular pyramid. It is rotating with one of its points facing towards the ground and it is producing a metallic noise. A medium group of Cor Mites arrived alongside it. The Cor Mites look angry, but thats not abnormal.

Antherus returns to the tree and attempts to purchase a random spell, but this is contested by another Dryad and the invocation fails.

Bob digs at the trench a bit and is able to dig out a bit more dirt from beneath the snow before moving closer to the human in the east. The human has noticed your wolf-y presence, and seems somewhat alarmed.

Geos uses shift earth to try to find some larger stones, but has little luck in this regard. More digging would be necessary to reach a layer of solid rock below. Perhaps there might be an easier way to get rocks somehow...

Maple Sylphseed moves to the east to assist Bob with some digging, though her abilities are not quite as well suited to the job... It also occurs to her that the human might have been able to hear whatever it was that she said to Bob.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 04, 2017, 03:39:10 pm »

Move south, Cast Direct insects on one of the cormites, and direct it as far south as I can.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 04, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »

Hikari observes the bird at S, and sees how it reacts to the Triankrular. Then she tosses and activates one of her 1.0 power Starlight Grenades to see how they react/distract them in her direction. If anything, the battle should occur at S rather than at the tree itself, since the latter would leave the tree at risk of damage during the battle.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 04, 2017, 04:40:34 pm »

Nute moves diagonally SW to S and sprays Stink-mouth at the front of the encroaching mites.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 04, 2017, 08:13:52 pm »

Return to dryad form.

"Hail, traveler! May I ask you some questions? We are new to these parts- and existence, really. We're dryads, by the way."

"From where do you come? May we enter diplomacy with whatever nation we are in? We'd be interested in trading in things like, say, fertilizer."

"Where did the Cor-Mites come from? Do they have any weaknesses? Why do they attack us? What about the Triankulars? Will they attack us on-sight, or are they more peaceful creatures?"

Bob deepens the trench, then heads towards the human.
Maple travels to assist Bob.
"Greetings, sap kindred. Are you searching within the earth for warmth and life?"
Maple assists Bob with the digging.
"If I had known that the world were so cold and lifeless then I would not have awakened! What manner of evil has caused this dry, merciless cold??" Maple complains.
Maple asks Bob about the world.
"Perhaps I could lure the human away from us. And the human in turn could lure the unknown thing away from our tree." Maple suggests.
"It is winter, fellow dryad. It is no malevolent force; it is merely a season."

"And there is no need for manipulation. Sapient creatures are to be reasoned and peacefully interacted with, not herded like cattle."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 06, 2017, 04:32:37 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to move the leftover crystals from past Geode Bombs into a small spike wall to the south of the tree, but still on the same tile, with the spikes facing away from the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #247 on: August 07, 2017, 05:09:34 am »

"It is winter, fellow dryad. It is no malevolent force; it is merely a season."

"And there is no need for manipulation. Sapient creatures are to be reasoned and peacefully interacted with, not herded like cattle."
"Then where are these Seasons and what do they want?"
Maple heads to the Cor-Mites and attempts to reason with them.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 07, 2017, 04:24:31 pm »

Winter 5, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (E): 40/40
Triankrular (S): 33/33
Bird (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x6 (S): 2/2
Cor Mite x3 (S): 1/2
Cor Mite x1 (SS): 2/2

crazyabe forces the GM to spend some time looking up which dryad is his. Antherus then moves to tile S and casts Direct Insects on one of the Cor Mites... A single Cor Mite leaves to the south.

Hikari observes to see how the bird reacts to the Triankrular. The bird just... Sort of flies away to the west and pays no heed to the fact that the Triankrular just shot out three beams from its faces that are not pointed upwards with inflict 3 damage to one Cor Mite, 4 damage to another Cor Mite, and 3 damage to Hikari Sandashi. The Cor Mites seem to angrily scuttle around underneath the Triankrular.

Hikari then activates one of her Starlight Grenades which produces a flash of light. The Triankrular seems to rotate a bit, it remains unclear if it actually has a front or back side or whatever. The Cor Mites seem slightly more angry. It seems that the act of activating a Starlight Grenade does not require power.

Nute arrives at the scene and sprays Stink-Mouth at the Cor Mites, inflicting 1 damage to three of them. One of the Cor Mites goes over to Nute and bites him to deal 1 damage. The rest of them appear fixated on the Triankrular. Interestingly, it seems that the Cor Mites are woefully unequipped to handle aerial enemies which would have been nice to know earlier.

Bob (I guess having your Dryad's name in a quote technically counts?) attempts to talk to the human, who is willing to respond. The human explains that he is from the town of Hearth. The human claims to not know much about Cor Mites, or anything about Triankulars. He expresses some degree of curiosity about what kind of things that you have available to trade.

Geos uses shift earth to try to create a wall out of Geode Crystals, by poking them into the ground at an angle. Without some kind of kinetic force on either them or a potential victim is it unlikely that they will deal much damage however.

Maple Sylphseed heads southwest to talk to the Cor Mites. Either the Cor Mites can't talk or they are being very rude and ignoring her.

Trivia - Sometimes the GM won't accept a name for their creations unless it produces zero results on a google search.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 07, 2017, 05:20:25 pm »

Huh...just realized, when dryads get tier upgrades, they don't automatically heal up to their new HP amount. So Hikari's down to 2hp. Permission to spend 3 mana to heal?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 07, 2017, 08:41:59 pm »

Nute Attempts to climb the surrounding plant-life to get above the Triankrular in order to jump upon it(Some species of lizard can climb smooth vertical glass...), and regardless, will be activating Compost upon the Triankrular in an effort to degrade any food it might be processing and thus make it hungry.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #251 on: August 07, 2017, 09:41:36 pm »

Maple shouts at the Cor-Mites and begins kicking the ones closest to the tree.

"Get away! Shoo!!"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2017, 02:05:10 am »

Anthurus Casts direct insects on another cormite and sends it south too.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 08, 2017, 01:01:53 pm »

Geos moves away so that the tree isn't in range, then experiments with his Geode Bomb. First he attempts to make one (at x1.0), then he sets it a safe distance away from himself and the tree and sees if he can will it to detonate. Afterwards, he uses Shift Earth (x1.0) to build another segment of the stone wall to the north of the tree.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 08, 2017, 02:22:30 pm »

Hikari heads to the tree, uses 2 mana to heal up, then considers the possibility of concentrating the light from a bursting starlight grenade.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23