Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21812 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »

Wander to the south East. Identify Plants again. Attempt to buy a random spell again.
Hikari denies, unless everyone else, or most everyone else, distinctly accepts it. We must conserve mana!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2017, 04:12:08 pm »

Wander to the south East. Identify Plants again. Attempt to buy a random spell again.
((404: Dryad not found.))
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2017, 07:22:08 pm »

Bob Wild Shapes into a large wolf and begins digging the trench.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:05 pm »

Bob Wild Shapes into a large wolf and begins digging the trench.
Supernerd, this ability makes me wonder...what't the ruling on abilities that multiple dryads could have? Bob has the skill Wild Shape in his non-combat skillset, Transmutation, while the skill itself could fit under Hikari's non-combat skillset, Animals. Would it be reasonable for there to be some discount or such on gaining an ability another Dryad has Perhaps some sort time spent with one dryad teaching the other the skill? Probably just some mana discount on getting it, though.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2017, 06:28:44 pm »

Winter 2, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Rabbit (N): 4/5
Bird (S): 2/2
Human (NE): 40/40

Nute moves north to get to tile NE and uses Weed Spores on the ground... It seems that winter is too harsh even for weeds to grow however, though the spore's toxicity remains the same.

Hikari Sandashi attempts to make a snow angel. And succeeds! There is now a warped Hikari Sandashi-shaped hole in the snow. Hikari Sandashi then uses Focus Firelight at some distance from the tree, but not enough distance to leave tile T. There is now a non Hikari Sandashi-shaped hole in the snow too. For a moment it seems like the ability may be less effective on snow, but it then becomes apparant that the problem is that the star is not as bright as usual right now.

Geos brings some small rocks topside and creates a small pile of small rocks. You will require a more specific design than "Defensive Fortification" if you want to build anything out of them however, as the GM cannot think of any defensive fortifications that can be made with such small rocks.

Antherus moves to the southeast and casts Identify Plants... And learns that Dryads get a substantial bonus to any action that involves trees, even if they are not magically connected to them. Note that if you want to search for specific plants on a tile or target them with an ability, you may need to specifically do so. Antherus attempts to invoke Random Spell, but is disrupted by other dryads. There is a human in this area.

Bob casts Wild Shape to transform into a wolf, and discovers that the there is at least one restricting factor on the ability that prevents him from becoming a large wolf. He cannot take the shape of anything larger than the tree no matter how powerful this ability is, and the effectiveness of a form cannot exceed his power multiplier. Even with the shape of a small wolf he is still able to complete the trench. Almost no water flows immediately however, as the surface of the river is now frozen and the trench is very shallow.

Thorn fades away, and Tesipha Oakheart emerges from the tree.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2017, 06:43:42 pm »

Antherus
SPECIFICALLY use Identify Plants the tree thing that has leaves, Then head south.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2017, 07:13:58 pm »

Nute attempts to Compost the toxicity.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to bring up more stones and arranges them in a wall along the Northern border of the Tree tile.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 30, 2017, 09:19:02 pm »

Hikari heads west, then prepares to obtain a hiding spot on the north tile next turn so she can observe the plain humanoid going along the road next turn.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 02, 2017, 04:13:19 pm »

Winter 3, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Human (E): 40/40
Strange Sounds (SS)

Antherus attempts to use Identify Plants on the tree, which is actually exactly what he used it on last turn... It actually does not have leaves. Its branches just have the same shape in the winter. Antherus then moves south. There is a frozen waterfall in this area.

Nute attempts to compost the toxicity. It is not possible to compost a single specific aspect of an object; so the entire spore would need to be composted. While this action does work, it produces a very small amount of compost. The human moves to the south.

Geos uses Shift Earth to use some small stones to begin to build a wall around the northern border of tile T. This will be a much larger project than the trench or the wall around the tree, and can take a great many turns, and the small rocks in their current state would be difficult to stack up very high.

Hikari Sandashi goes to the west... And cannot see the human from this tile...

Bob doesn't do anything, and no waitlisters managed to spring up at him.

An ominous presence can be felt coming from the south...

Tesipha Oakheart fades away and Maple Sylphseed appears at the tree.

Tutorial - Unseen foes: Sometimes you will be able to identify a potential problem without actually being on the same tile as it. Such things may be especially large, powerful, or just plain too noisy and clumsy to escape your notice. Their health will be hidden until discovered properly.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 02, 2017, 04:54:41 pm »

Nute moves south to E and attempts to drag the small amount of compost with it to the first best bush, which shall be dubbed "Mostly". A new clump of Weed-spores is hucked up a short distance from Mostly, for later composting...
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 02, 2017, 07:26:24 pm »

Hikari heads South, and tries to better perceive the threat in the far south.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 02, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »

Antherus Wanders to the North west, and attempts to buy a RANDOM Spell.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 07:31:50 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 02, 2017, 09:03:20 pm »

Bob deepens the trench, then heads towards the human.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 02, 2017, 10:03:17 pm »

Geos is against using mana during the winter. He also uses Shift Earth to try to bring up larger stones from deeper in the earth.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23