Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Dryad Rage: IC Thread  (Read 21813 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dryad Rage: IC Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2017, 09:41:45 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to dig further down through the clay, this time attempting to make a tunnel below the surface and making sure to pack the clay/clay-soil mix into the walls and ceiling so the tunnel won't collapse on him. Actually, if it's viable he also uses the strongest Geode crystals to make support beams while tunneling with Shift Earth.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 22, 2017, 04:09:49 pm »

Hikari goes south and looks for pebbles or other such stones that would work for her new ability, in preparation for the swarm of Cormites in the North. Charge the pebbles this turn if possible.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2017, 04:38:13 pm »

Autumn 10, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (N): 15/15
Cor-Mite x21 (NE): 2/2
Cor-Mite x6 (NE): 1/2
Bird (S): 2/2

Nute invokes Revive to bring Call back to life and continues to use Stink Breath. The air appears to be dissipating the scent as quickly as it is being reapplied, so this will be an ineffective way to maintain a protective stink barrier.

Luckily luckily VERY luckily for Call, he is NOT able to act immediately upon revival.

Antherus travels north. To where all the Cor-Mites are. Alone. And attempts to coax the Cor-Mites to follow him. The Cor-Mites ignore Antherus however, and wander off to the east.

Bob, neglecting to include his characters name in his post, Attempts to scout the area to the east. He quickly finds himself to be at the maximum possible distance from the tree and involuntarily turns back. If the tree had a stronger presence, it would be possible to travel further from it.

Geos continues to dig his tunnel, repacking some of the clay into the walls in the hopes of reinforcing them. Geo considers using Geode Crystals to make support beams, but the jagged remains of the geode bombs are woefully unsuited for this task, being too small and misshapen to make for a decent support beam. Particles of dirt begin to fall behind Geo, suggesting that the dirt above might not be adequately reinforced by the dirt that was used to reinforce it. Geos discovers some small stones underground.

Hikari travels to the south and is easily able to find some small stones in the area at the base of the mountain. Hikari infuses a stone with starlight to create a Starlight Grenade. See the Asset spoiler to take stock of Starlight Grenades.

The dog wanders off to the North.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2017, 04:46:19 pm »

Antherus
"I Guess 'mites aren't insects, Bloody things wern't effected boy my skill..."
use Identify plants, And Buy a random spell.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:20:48 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2017, 05:08:34 pm »

Hikari returns to the tree, and looks around the tunnels and incomplete irrigation system. Are there any worms or other such organisms in them? Then, examine the stones in the tunnel. If there's not anything notably different about them from the stone I chose, make two half-power Grenades from them. Lastly, point out that Antherus forgot to mention his name.

Edit: Since we had 10 mana last update, too, and no-one spended any more, we should have 12 mana now, so spend that on tier retention upgrade.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:47:16 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2017, 05:18:01 pm »

Nute heads east and uses Best Bush to encourage the cutest little shrub to suck up anything in the ground that mites likely don't find tasty and try to put it in its lower leaves to raise its mite-repellentness.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2017, 06:37:46 pm »

Geos takes the small stones back to the surface and uses Shift Earth to repair the wall. He also vetoes Antherus' use of mana, because damn it it's a merit system and he hasn't done anything useful. Geos also wants to get a Random Spell for 3 mana.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 22, 2017, 07:07:20 pm »

Nute Vetoes Geos's random spell acquisition as revenge for implying that we are on a merit system when clearly it is, should, and shall always be, powered by lolrandom(Besides, Geos has the record for teamkills). Also for the whole "no random spell for you but gimme a random spell" thing which is frequently legitimate but looks enough like blatant hypocrisy that one can get away with complaining about it and nobody will say anything and who doesn't love cheap, unjustified wins? Mostly because it was cool when Nute did it but if everyone does it then it will stop being trendy, on account of being a trend, umm...

Possibly we may want to save up for the tier preservation thing too, if high tiers keep dropping... but really, who cares about frivolous things like that?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

quantumMastermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2017, 02:01:40 pm »

Call uses replace dread on himself.
Stuff has come up and I don't have a concrete connection to the Internet anymore, so I'm just going to let someone else play until I have things sorted out.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2017, 02:53:17 pm »

Bob heads towards the trench. If he can, he attempts to complete the trench via repeatedly applying Inevitable Decay to the soil that needs to be dug out and/or Wild Shaping into a creatures that can dig large trenches easily.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2017, 01:38:17 pm »

Winter 1, Year 1

Spoiler: Player Locations (click to show/hide)

Dog (NN): 15/15
Rabbit (N): 4/5
Bird (S): 2/2

Winter has arrived, the ice and snow return and the world is once again giving new life the middle finger. Your tree enters a state of hibernation, and cannot produce mana. Hope you weren't taking it for granted!

The wildseed thorns have died.

Antherus casts Identify Plants on tile N... And learns that some of the grasses on this tile are used for insects during the winter month.

Hikari Sandashi returns to the tree and looks around for worms. She is able to confirm the existence of them, though they are not generally going to appear as creatures in the area due to being mostly irrelevant in any combat. She creates two Starlight Grenades with 1 effective level.

Nute heads to the east and uses Best Bush to try to alter the nutrients that the Best Bush uses. However, the only thing that you know about the Cor-Mites diet is that they bite at the Dryad Tree, and that isn't even concrete proof that their intention is to use that for nourishment. Attempting to cast Best Bush on the bush has an interesting effect however. A nearby different bush has become a "Best Bush's Best Bush", which is more or less the same as a Best Bush, except instead of being your Best Bush, it is the Best Bush's bush. Curious.

Geos takes the small stones aboveground and uses Shift Earth to reinforce the wall. Small Stones appear to be a much better building material than dirt.

Nute disputes the use of random spells at this time. For reasons.

Due to various disagreements, no tree magic has been invoked, with the exception of Call's undisputable choice to invoke Replace Dryad upon himself. Call returns to the tree and Thorn emerges from it in his place.

Bob heads towards the trench, but is unable to reach it this turn. He is now at tile N. (In order to cast Wild Shaping, you would need to declare a definitive form)

Reminder - Power Multiplier: Each turn you are limited by your power multiplier. If you want to use more than one ability you will need to assign parts of your multiplier to several different abilities. It is legal to use less than 1 power for a spell, but not generally recommended.

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dryads (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree and environment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2017, 03:32:54 pm »

Nute moves N into NE and breaths Weed Spores onto the ground.
Read the First Post!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2017, 10:54:42 am »

Hikari points out how snow suddenly appeared on the ground, and tries making a snow angel. Then she tries using Focus Firelight on snow sorta far away from the tree, just to test how effectively she can melt it.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2017, 02:03:35 pm »

Geos uses Shift Earth to bring some stone to the surface from beneath the subsoil a few feet away from the Tree or wall, in the form of defensive fortifications. Geos is also against using mana for random spells.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 06:10:18 pm by Beirus »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2017, 03:29:32 pm »

Antherus
Wander to the south East. Identify Plants again. Attempt to buy a random spell again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:07:50 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23